Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks

You're on Page 5 of 17
Go to
  • Good morning ladies -

Another quick post for me today as I have a ton of work to get done. So many projects due today! I was planning on putting in some hours at work over the weekend, but I had car trouble and haven't figured out my remote access yet. Car is in the shop....another expense I don't need.

I came into work at 6 am to get a headstart on things, and just wanted to take a quick break to say "hi".

I got some packing done...most of my stuff from the bedroom is all boxed up...then I started on the living room. I still have more knick knacks and antiques/china to box up. I'd say I'm about 15% to 20% done with the packing. I was hoping to not have to rent a storage space to use as a "staging area" for the packed boxes...but I think I'm going to have to as I'm running out of room in the house. I don't have to have EVERYTHING out by the first weekend in November. He said if he finds things I might want, he will ask me about them and hold onto them for me until I can come 'round to pack them up. There's so much stuff in the basement, that I'm not even sure I'll find everything that I want to keep in the next 4 weeks.

And since I have two moves in my future....one to my new place in the same town at the end of this month/first weekend in November, and eventually one to go back to California, I'm really trying to minimize what I take with me and only take what I really need....and it's still a lot.

I do hate that SHE'LL be living in my house. That still p*sses me off. But there's nothing I can do about that. At least he and I are staying away from each other, keeping the talking to a minimum, and consequently there's not as much tension.

I realize that even though I wasn't the one that broke the marriage vows, we could've/should've communicated better over the last few years - and part of that blame is on me. Again, the relationship is beyond repair...so I just have to move on with my life (literally and figuratively).

I so appreciate all your support and love.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Good morning ladies,

Trying to post here and my pc is doing some updates or something as it is skipping letters when I type. VERY ANNOYING.

I will check back later. Sorry..
  • Morning all.

Michelle - That's any early start to your day. Hope it's productive for you. Sorry your car is giving you problems - very bad timing! Well...15-20% of the packing done is better than 0% done. Hope it goes more quickly and easily in the coming days and weeks. Don't overdo it! So you see yourself moving back to California sometime in the future? It'll be nice for you to be closer to family.

Mel - I'm glad it's bright and sunny for you today!! Sorry you had alarm trouble over the weekend. Hope the alarm fixes it all and you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. It's a federal holiday, but here in Chicago I guess the kids are in school today to make up time lost during the teachers union strike!

Patty - Your weekend sounds fun. I've never actually had a corndog in my life. I've never had a yen for one, but I do like hot dogs so I have a feeling it would just be another thing I would find yummy and therefore have to resist at those kinds of events. Yeh, getting chilly here in Chicago - in the 30's/40's overnight and 50's/60's during the day. Definitely bring clothees you can layer!! I slothed around all weekend so I didn't get around to cleaning up that one flower bed yet. Brought in my potted flowers - not sure which I'll try to overwinter. The geraniums ended up very scrawny after last winter inside, so forget those even though I loved the color...

Shad - Oh, that darn phone! What an early start for you, especially after your full day yesterday!! Keep the coffee going. Looking forward to photos of the market.

Happy - What a full weekend for you - sounds like the shop was busy, busy, busy. Glad you worked out a schedule with your coworker so you don't have to work 5 days in a row!! I started that book - The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D - but it seemed like it was going to be depressing and I just wasn't up for it and it was coming due, so I just returned it. How did you like it? Should I check it out again?? I seem to be on a fluffy reading streak right now and enjoying it immensely. I'd definitely consider Costco for the next pair of glasses I buy.

Annie - Glad you found a dress you like. I say just bind those girls down - you'll lose weight in other spots too and then the dress might not fit in those areas... How was Hotel Transylvania and the apple picking??

Ceejay - How was your time in Paragould?? Hope your lungs are clearing.

Hellos to Ellen and Mary!
    ==
    Nothing much to report this morning. The boss is out - dental issue that she saw her dds for last Friday afternoon and it must be a big problem because she's back at the dds this morning for a root canal. Admin is also out today.

I have a vacation day on Wed. for my orthopedic appt re my right arm. The rotator cuff is still gradually getting better and better, but my elbow is still a problem. I have a feeling I'll just be taking NSAIDs. We'll see.

Not really thrilled about taking a day off work mid-week - such a drag going back to work for the rest of the week. Bleh.

I have a number of vacation days to use before year's end and I will probably take several Fridays and/or Mondays off in the next few months. I also got myself on an airfare alert for travel to my mom's, so that might pan out and I'll get out there for a few days. Warned my mom I might be snapping up a last minute deal.

Okay, meeting in 5, so I better post and get ready. Cheers!
  • Good almost afternoon kiddos....

Didn't get to the movie...C got up and had to make a stop by his Walmart to pull up product (put it out) as they were completely empty on the shelf. That is his commission, so we both went. Took us about 1.5 hrs to get it done. Missed the morning cheap movies and I refuse to pay 10 bucks a piece to see a movie....so maybe next week. We did make it to the orchard. Got a peck of Gala apples, my favorite, crunchy. Bought dad a jar of apple butter stopped by his house for a couple of hours and chatted. Got home about 6pm then Cs daughter came by for a couple of hours to visit. Got to bed about 9....was still tired at 5 when I got up with Miss Sass.

On my lunch plate today all from my garden except the yellow cherry tomatos....lettuce..green pepper, banana pepper, jalapeno pepper, oh a few grapes from the store. The jalapenos are giving it just the right kick, especially when I eat a grape and a piece of j. pepper...YUM

LAURA....sure do hope the shoulder/elbow aches are fixable with meds rather than any kind of surgery...maybe PT?? Didn't get to the movie as I stated above...just too much going on and so little time to do it in.

CHELLE...glad you are getting some packing done...I am looking forward to you future California move. I have not been there, want to go, and need a sister to visit who lives there. EXCITED for YOU and ME!! lol. ONE DAY AT A TIME sistah! Much Hugs your way!

SHADDIE...you time delimma is about as bad as me waking up on a Sunday and thinking I am late, jump in the shower and hurry along only to find out I could of stayed in bed. Smack, smack byside my head....

HAPPY...yeah, for being a part time job, sure seems like you are working at least a 30 hours week at times.....five days in a row is not part time. My dogs would bark too!!

MELLIE...my antenna is not always functioning either. Especially when things a amuck in my head (daily). We have a beautiful sunshine out there, but only 52 at the moment, I think the high is 57 today....burr! How is Jen's nose?

Patty...the state fair, that sounds funny to me as our state fair was over in August. Have to get it in before the snow flies. hmmm...corn dogs have those hot dogs in them that freak me out.....they always sound good but I gross myself out with the thought of the hot dog before I ever even get to buy one....sounds like you had some fun at both the state fair and fall festival. Yeah!

CEEG...how's the cough and red eye? Poor thing you are going through heck right now. Feel better.

ELLEN...kids must have you tied up somewhere...lol

Not much else going on here. Had a spat with a co-worker, will probably hear from my management over it. Blah. He is such a pr*ck. Nobody likes him or stands up to him because he is a director.....may be my last day...haha

Loves and hugs
  • From yesterday's dog walk. One of the footbridges over the creek.

• Still haven't heard from the results of the cat scan. Everything is still the same as he was waiting on the results to tell me what needs to be done. I feel fine. Just get short winded.

Paragould was good. I didn't stay the night cause my friend wanted me to go to Jonesboro with her yesterday afternoon. I didn't tell them that.

Jonesboro was okay. Got a lot of walking in at the mall even though I had to do a lot of sitting.

----------
    Michelle
    Didn't realize that you will eventually be moving back to California.

Laura
    I'd like to go on that walk. Looks so peaceful.

Happy
    Sometimes these computers hava a mind of their own.
  • Headline in the Territorian newspaper yesterday:

GRANNY CRIME UP IN NT!

I've only been here a week and they are on to me already??? What has the DS1 done to me.

Anyway, since I am at work, I'd better not post too much. I'll be back later with personals.

3.5 days to home time.
  • My goodness SHADWICK..must you corrupt everywhere you go...lol. Sadly, it didn't take much time to catch up with you on this trip!

CEEG...be patient on the scan news...No news is good news. May be nothing to tell you about so they are taking their time. Hugs

LAURA...great pix. Looks like he is ready to race across the bridge...

Nothing new to report. Uneventful night. Made baked pork chops, spaghetti squash and C some mac n cheese. He loves mac n cheese however I rarely make it. Too fattening, plus too much starch and pasta makes for a full Anne tummy too soon then sickie. I did stay away from it last night. Small NSV for me.

HELLO to all the chickies...have a great Tuesday..

Loves and hugs

• SORRY NO PERSONALS TODAY.
    WE'RE SHORT-HANDED AND THE EXTERMINATOR IS COMING EARLY.
    I WOKE UP LATE WITH THE PHONE CALL.
    SEE YOU GALS LATER OR TOMORROW.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY
  • Hope Mel is hiding properly. Exterminator!!!! Come to get some of the seniors?

Bed beckons. For some reason couldn't get on earlier. Must be the weather.
  • Good morning ladies,

Had to wrestle with the printer this morning to get a fax sent out. I swear this retiree medical insurance is such a ripoff. We are spending ridiculous amounts of money on premiums and have a thousand dollar deductible EACH on top of it. I paid for premiums and with the deductible got no benefit at all from my routine care. DH did slightly better but they got a whole heckovalotta money out of us. You only get some value if you have to go to the hospital. As I was falling asleep last night a pack of coyotes were howling in the back. They quieted down and then started back up again just as I was falling asleep again.

Today is a work day for me - not sure what's left to sell in the store after the busy weekend. The owners are taking a few days off so it will be a while before we have more fresh stuff. So today will be long and boring. But I am off tomorrow and Thursday and will take Mom out for some fun stuff.

Michelle - was not aware that you were planning on moving back to CA. Makes sense I guess if your family and friends are all out that way. Will be a hassle (and a shame) to double cull your stuff. But I guess it's best that you know now and can plan ahead. Shame too now that you got the great new job. But it will all work out in the end. Don't fret at that which you are leaving behind. Except for the other pups.

Pretty picture Mel. I can hear the leaves blowing and crunching in my head. Good luck with the exterminator. Stay away from the sprays.

Annie - good going on staying away from the mac and cheese. I love it too though it gives me a pasta coma when I eat it. Hope nothing bad came of the spat at work. Some people need to be yelled at once in a while!

Laura - what a great picture of Coal and the bridge!!!! You NEVER had a corn dog???? You poor soul Some are good, some are bad tasting - depends on the oil they fry them in. I eat one about every 10 years Hope it's not too complicated at the ortho guy with your arm. Sounds painful.

Ceejay - hope it's nothing too serious with the breathing. Let us know how the cat scan comes out. Do you have fall allergies?

Shad - laughed at the Granny Crime statement. What was the story behind it? Have you figured out what needs to be done at work yet?

Patty - I will keep the snow and you can keep that Texas heat The festival sounded like fun - glad you got to enjoy it.

Hi Ellen and Java Turtle

Well I gotta hop in the shower and get on with the day. Have a fun one if you can...
  • Morning Girls! I'm still here, just got caught up in the week. Pretty much same old same old. will check in later and try to get personals in. Everyone has been sickly here, and I think i am catching something, so I am off to rest.

Luv and Hugs!
  • Happy
    Yes I have year round allergies. I'm almost positive that this pnumonia is from the grass pollen. Allergies are worse in the Fall than in the Spring. I usually get bronchitis.

Annie
    I called the doctor's office this morning and they told me that they've started making calls like this around 5 p.m. Which makes more since for the doctor's stand point. He does have petients to see.

Ellen
    We understand.

------
    Not much is going on.
  • Where did the day go??!! I took a sick day today - mental health day let's say. Haven't done all that much. Ran to the store & bought some chicken thighs to convert curried veg stew to a chicken veg curry stew. Prepped all the ingredients & threw it in the slow cooker. Alas it won't be ready before I go to the movies tonite. Maybe I should hike the temp to high. Or I'll just have some after the movie.

Took doggie for a walk, then wanted a pear for a snack. Dang thing was still too hard. I peeled & chopped it & sprinkled it with cinnamon & brown sugar & nuked it for a couple min. Yum. Much better.

Seeing the movie Looper tonight. It's one of those time travel sci-fi things - hope I understand it, lol.

Vacation day tomorrow w/ a dr appt in the AM & lunch w/ bf & his mom in the aft.

Oh, finally bought my fitness punch card last night & took a Zumba class after that. Whoohoo!

Ok, back to this episode of Reba.
  • MIRACULOUSLY SOMEONE SHOWED UP FOR THE EXTERMINATOR AND THEN THE ALARM MAN CANCELED UNTIL TOMORROW.
    GOOD THING CAUSE I TOOK SINUS MEDS AND FELL ASLEEP!!
    NOTHING NEW. JUST RESTED ALL DAY BUT I DO HAVE THE SMOKE ALARM MAN IN THE MORNING SO I AM POSTING NOW.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW

HAPPY....I AM STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH MISSING LETTERS ON THIS SITE AND GETTING RIGHT FED UP WITH POSTING HERE. REAL P.I.T.A SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! LOL
    HOPE YOU & MOM ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF. I THOUGHT I COULD SMELL YOUR POPCORN THIS AFTERNOON....MUST HAVE BEEN A STRONG WIND!!
    TELL THOSE COYOTES THERE ARE TIME LIMITATIONS ON HOWLING!!!
    GEEZ....I HOPE THE SENIORS DON'T BEGIN HOWLING AT THE FULL MOON!

CEEJAY....HOPE ALL COMES OUT WELL WITH THE SCAN.
    SENDING YOU LOTS OF GET WELL WISHES & HUGS
    JUST KEEP TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.

LAURA.....HOPING THE APPT FOR THE SHOULDER GOES WELL. SO SORRY IT'S GIVING YOU SUCH A HARD TIME. ALEVE IS MY BEST FRIEND
    BUT MAYBE HE CAN SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE. DO YOU ICE IT???
    REMEMBER FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE, HEAT MAKES THINGS WORSE.

SHAD.....NOW YOU WENT AND MADE THE HEADLINES??? WTF!!!
    CAN'T LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR ONE DAY WITHOUT YOU MAKING A MESS.
    GRANNY CRIME INDEED....BET IT WAS THE "DIL" THAT TURNED YOU IN!
    SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU VISIT THEM????? POOR LITTLE SOPHIA WILL HAVE TO SEND YOU LETTERS WHEN THEY PUT YOU IN THE POKEY!!

ANNIE...MAC & CHEESE....MYA FAV!!! HARD TO PASS THAT UP SO CONGRATS!!
    I AM TRYING TO LOSE A POUND OR TWO BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS.
    SO NO COMFORT FOOD FOR EITHER OF US

MICHELLE.....GLAD THINGS ARE GETTING DONE.
    IS ALL YOUR FAMILY BACK IN CALIFORNIA??
    MIGHT BE A GOOD THING. TOSS EVERYTHING OUT AND START FROM SCRATCH!!
    NEW LIFE & A NEW YOU

ELLEN....PRAYING YOU'RE NOT GETTING SICK.
    BUT IT'S GOT TO BE TOUGH WITH SO MANY KIDS IN SCHOOL!!
    I STEER CLEAR OF GRAMMAR SCHOOL CHILDREN...
    GERMY LITTLE BUGGERS NO MATTER HOW CUTE THEY ARE