Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks

You're on Page 13 of 17
Go to
  • Hi ladies -

Sorry I've been away so long. I've been so busy at work, busy packing, and riding an emotional rollercoaster. There were several days lately when I didn't think I'd pass my 90 day probation because my boss gave me mixed signals, and then I had to figure out contingency plans. I didn't know where I'd be living or where I'd be working, etc. in November. Or how soon I'd have to arrange to move to CA, and what the implications of moving to CA so quickly would have on the divorce and/or the lease I signed. Very stressful.

So now I know that I passed my 90-day probation and even though my boss has concerns about my performance, I know that now that the "crazy time" of my freakout over my husband's affair and our pending divorce is mostly passed, I can focus on work.

He and I are getting along, and things aren't as tense in the house. And since his girlfriend arrived here from CA last night and is leaving Monday morning, he will be out of the house until Monday night. He's taking her around Wisconsin showing her the sights, trying to get her to fall in love with it here, as I did so many years ago. Whatever. At least he's not bringing her to my house. And I get several days at the house just me and the dogs. Though I do have a friend coming over from time to time this weekend to help me pack. I'm roughly 90% done packing the downstairs and 50% done packing the upstairs. All that's left is the craft loft...and there will be lots of craft supplies going to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

I'm so looking forward to my new place. It's so lovely. When I thought I wasn't going to pass my 90 day probation at work, I had to cancel the lease...and they tried to find another renter...and I would still be responsible for the rent until they found someone. Luckily, when I got a more clear message from my boss that I wasn't under any disciplinary action, I called the landlord back and told her that I still wanted to rent the place. I will start moving stuff over on Nov. 1, with the "big move" happening on Nov. 3.

My soon-to-be-ex said that if I don't get everything moved out that weekend, I can go through the rest of the stuff and move it later. Since there is so much stuff, that's probably what's going to have to happen.

I'm sorry that I'm so far behind on personals. I think of you chicks a lot and you're all in my prayers.

I'll try and catch up on personals when I have a minute or two to breathe.

Thank you for all your love and support.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Seems we are short this week. Life goes on.

Update on the baby. She's not strong enough yet to feed on her own but she's trying so they have inserted a feeding tube and my niece is still trying to feed her as well. She's so small that she has no body fat to help keep her warm so she is still in the what I call it an incubator. Sure do miss being around the little boy, sis's grandson.
    I've been using my fitness pal to log my food an exercise and I'm making adjustments each day in my eating habits. The scale is finally going down.

Mel
    I looked at the web sight. I've been wanting to meditate but really didn't understand the principals behind it. Think I'll give it a try.

Annie
    How are things going today?

Michelle
    Hang in there.
  • Morning all.

Ceejay – Congrats on the birth of your grand-niece! Only a matter time before she catches up to where she should be and will be able to go home with mom and dad. My scale’s been inching down too. I’ll have to risk jinxing myself and update my profile display and perhaps get a ticker back in my signature. I already track that in SparkPeople, so I guess it can wait. Sorry your allergies kicked in because of the tree pollen, but the foliage was gorgeous. On my flight in, I was able to enjoy it from the air when we were descending for our landing. It’s still very nice here too, but the wind these past couple days and then the cold coming in tonight will probably bring an end to it all.

Michelle – I’m glad you’ve made it through probation with your job, and that you’re better able to focus on it and dispel the boss’s reservations. It’ll be so nice for you to have the whole weekend to yourself in the house with the dogs! Enjoy! Sounds like a lot of progress has been made with the packing, and I hope this weekend is a nice blend of productivity and fun/relaxation with the doggies.

Shad – Gosh, hope you got the security situation sorted out at the highway house – that sounds very unworkable! My company has 4 floors in this building, but the one our department is on is only half ours, so the bathroom is outside our office space and we have to enter a code to get into the restrooms. And we can’t forget our keycards because we need that to get back in! If I didn’t clip my keycard to my clothes, I’d be locked out on a regular basis, lol. Have you arranged a car rental for this weekend, or is this a travel weekend?

Happy – Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time with your mom. I imagine you might be on the road right now to take her back home - wishing you safe travels. I’m sure you will miss each other, but no doubt you will also appreciate getting back to your normal routines. Yes, we now record The Good Wife on Sunday night, so we have to watch out for football causing the schedule to go goofy. I taught my mother how to schedule/record tv shows with her new DVR setup while I was down there, but when football interrupts her 60 Minutes broadcast, not much you can do. I suppose I need to tell her to just record the usual time block and the next one just in case… Well, based on your opinion, I don’t suppose I’ll go back to the Elizabeth D book. The next book club book is a Stephen King novel – Dolores Claiborne. Sounds grim, but I haven’t read a King novel in ages, so I’m up for it. Is the road paving project done yet?

Annie – I’m so sorry work is so horrible for you right now. Are these new employees who are making your life miserable, or existing? Maybe a job change could be the answer, but take your time - there definitely could be other options. Well, if you thought you might have an alcohol problem or were on your way to one, I’m sure glad you’re getting some support for yourself. We’re here for you too of course!! Today’s the last of the mild weather for us – gonna get cold tonight. Enjoy it while you can! How was your vacation day yesterday?

Patty – You sound busy at work. So hard to get caught up when you’re taken out of your normal day-to-day routine to do training, etc. One of the conservatories here had some Chihuly glass incorporated into one of their gardens years ago – so beautiful. My mom and I went to the Botanical Center and the art museum while I was in SGF and it just reminded me that I need to do things like that more frequently – it’s good for the soul to see such beauty and creativity.

Mel – I hope the drama has died down now – sounded like a big to-do. So unproductive to be dealing with the dysfunction instead of real work issues. It’s a wonder anything gets done. Thanks for the meditation link. I’ll have to look at that.

Hope I didn’t miss anyone!
    --
    So I got an appointment with my doctor yesterday late afternoon and left work early to get there. However, turns out she’s one of those responsible (or is it sadistic??) doctors who doesn’t want to contribute to the creation of antibiotic resistant bugs. So, no z-pack for Laura. She said that in spite of the very common misperceptions out there re green crud signifying a bacterial infection, most of the time it is indeed a virus and just needs to run its course, and it could be WEEKS for that to happen. Bleh. Now we know NOT to go to my doc for this kind of thing, LOL. Shoulda just gone to the Walgreens clinic after all, haha. Bf, who had wanted me to see the doc was ticked off at the result (because his doc is quick to hand out rx’s), but at least he won’t hound me to be seeing the doc anymore for this. And I can also report to my mum that I saw the doc. The boss was happy I’d gotten an appoint with my own doc vs. the clinic yesterday, but she’ll probably also be surprised I didn’t get an rx of any sort…However, it seems this Robitussin DM I picked up last night is working better than the Delsym, so I’m hoping I won’t drive everyone around me nuts with the coughing.

I have a hair appointment tonight, and that’s about it. Can’t wait for the weekend to be here, even if it’s going to be cold.

Okay, back to it.
  • Well I lost my post...so one more time...

Fishing yesterday was great! We caught around 60 fish but only brought back 20 for cleaning and eating. We put the fish on ice till tonight and clean them. Mostly crappie, a few perch, silvers and bluegill. We stopped by dad’s on the way home to show him our catch. We made him walk out to the back of the SUV to look at what we caught (to get him a few extra steps in his day). He was amazed and excited about it. He even picked up one of the crappie’s by the tail and held it up. Lol.

CEEG…I am doing a bit better today. Thank you for asking. Praying for the wee one. You will be amazed at the growth day by day. First hand experience with lil man when he was born.

SHADDIE…it is not so much that I am a heavy drinker. It is just when I drink, I keep on drinking till I am stupid. I just don’t want to be like that or cause any issue because of it. It has a lot to do with bariatrics and how alcohol affects us. Not placing blame, just sayin’ Glad you got some much needed rest and hope it continues. I don’t know how you live out of your suitcase, traveling so much. I would have broken arms from carrying my girlie girl stuff…lol

LAURA…glad the visit with momma went well and you are home safely.

PATTY…sometimes I like going to training just to get away from the everyday stuff in the office.

MELLIE…thank you for the kind words. You always know just what to say to make it all better. You are a wonderful person. Better hunker down with hurricane Sandy coming along. Yikes!

CHELLE….still sending good thoughts and warm prayers. Keep your head up sister.

ELLEN….bout time for you to come up for air sister.

That is about it for me…I have a 1:30 and 3:30 meeting today. Blah…The 1:30 is with HR to vent some of this disarray.

Loves and Hugs…
  • Laura...you are my sneaker inner....my doc is like your doc...if you are not dying, have a fever, and a few other ailments, no meds for you. (No soup for you) the soup ****. Hope you are feeling better.

The drama here is with existing employees. Mainly just one. I cannot stand. Everyone can't stand him. He is the biggest a$$ ever. I am talking with HR this afternoon. I am thinking of changing jobs, just hate going through the process of it tho.

Enjoy your hair appt. It always relaxes me, maybe that is what I need. lol.

Feel Better.
  • Annie - I'm sending you much love, hugs and prayers, sweet sista! Do whatever you need to do to be happy.
  • Thanks CHELLE.
  • Morning all,
    It is a good morning too. I'm going home for the weekend so it will be a good weekend.

I've read through the posts and will try to answer them at the airport today but don't bet on it, maybe tonight when I get in. The DS2 tells me that the satellite tv pay tv whatever you want to call it is not working AGAIN so I need to have a look at that and see if I can get it working. Pain. It really is a nuisance being so far away for so long.

Anyway, I have to move along and get sorted for the day. We have a couple of problems on the plate - when do we not? and I'd better go talk to the Scotsman about the 1st. Pity I will only understand about a third of what he says. That's life
  • Just logged in, back home again. Breezing through the posts, will probably catch up tomorrow.

Just wanted to say Laura that Dolores Claiborne is my MOST FAVORITE NOVEL! It's so NOT typical Steven King. Was turned into a movie with Kathy Bates years ago. I highly recommend the book. Especially if you like fiesty women
  • SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF US BREEZED THRU THE ;OSTS.
    SORRY I AM ONE OF THEM TOO.
    NOT FEELING WELL.
    IT'S NO SURPRISE TO ME I HAVE A SINUS INFECTION.
    IT'S ROBBING ME OF MY STRENGTH WITH THE MEDS.
    HOPE TO BE BACK SOON.
    JUST TOO EXHAUSTED FOR WORDS RIGHT NOW.

CEEJAY....SAYING PRAYERS AND SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT TO THE BABY
    JEN HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND IS TALL & HEALTHY
    KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD.
  • Good Friday Morning Everyone!

Cleaned fish last night, got enough for 5 dinners. Yum. Just ate my last cucumber (very small, maybe 3" long) in cottage cheese with a yellow and red tomato too. Very good brekkie.

Gonna breeze through also as I want to wrap this day of work up and maybe scoot out early.

Have a marvelous Friday/Saturday!!

Loves and Hugs
  • Morning.
    Baby Update
    My niece told me last night that the babies doctor wanted her to stay in the hospital for another 7 to 8 days. She was concerned. But I told her about Annie's grandson being a premie when he was born. But of course being the babies mother she is still concerned. My sis, her mom, got there last night.

Went to vote early yesterday as I have to work on election day. Also had one of those senior moments and forgot to get my flu shot at work. I was reminded when I saw a poster about flu shots when I was at the pharmacy picking up a Rx they had to order. So I got it there. Worked in the yard for about an hour. But after the rain/cold front is moving through I'll have to rake leaves again.
    Brrrr, it's cold this morning.

Mel
    feel better soon.
  • Good morning ladies -

I just learned that the ex's GF is here celebrating her birthday...so not only did he spend MY 50th birthday screwing around with her in CA, he's spending her birthday doing the same thing but in WI. What a b**tard! I know, I know...why the heck should I care?! It just makes me mad and a bit hurt. I think it just caught me off guard because he was being nice to me, and apologetic, etc. Not like he wanted to patch things up, and certainly I DO NOT, but that he was sorry to have hurt me.

Anyway, I have to focus on the tasks at hand today. I've got to go to an off-site meeting from 9:30 'till 5. Then I'm supposed to have a counseling appointment, but I really need to get some sorting and packing done. I have a friend coming over tonight to help for a bit and then we're going to watch movies on TV. She's sleeping over...hopefully the dogs having to go out all night won't keep her up. Tomorrow, it's more packing and going to a book reading/signing by a local author. And Sunday it's more packing and watching the Packer game on TV.

I hope you all are doing well.

Sending you all much love and many hugs,
  • Morning all. TGIF!!

Michelle - Sounds like you've got a balanced weekend ahead. Enjoy your time without the jerk being around.

Ceejay - Will keep your grand niece in my thoughts and prayers.

Annie - That's a lot of fish. Hope you can get out of there early today. Was the meeting with HR any help to you?

Mel - Big boo on that sinus infection!! From your fellow sickie, feel better soon.

Happy - Welcome home!! Thanks for the heads up on the King novel. I have the e-book from our book club organizer, but I think I'm gonna get the physical book from the library (I prefer them) and start on it this weekend as I just finished another book.

Shad - Hope you get the tv going and have a lovely weekend.

Hellos to Patty & Mary!!
    ===
    Nothing much to report. Hair appointment was just fine.

Supposed to be going out with friends on Saturday night, but not feeling very enthused. Not sure the plans have been finalized - it was supposed to be perhaps seeing a band or doing karaoke. I think places are going to be jammed with Halloween partiers - I'd be okay with having a couple drinks and people watching.

Sunday bf and I are going to his mom's place for dinner.

That's about it, so I'll get this posted. C'mon weekend!!
  • Good morning everyone,

Hoping to get a decent post in but I had to fiddle around as I had one of those ads on site here that interfered with typing a post. Just finished a 5 week stint with Mom. The good news is that she did well, looked good and except for a few occasions when she went into 85 year old stubborn, childish old lady mode, we got along great and enjoyed the visit for the most part. The only thing I longed for was occasional peace and quiet, especially if I had a busy day at the store and just wanted a couple of hours of quiet. With her here I felt like I should always be visiting with her. She is healthy, looking good, her numbers are stable and I have proven to myself that with someone working with her, she can stay on the up side of life. She said she will miss both the company and the care when we both go back to regular life. I told her she is welcome any time and for any length of time. My sister and I both feel that she will quickly fall into her old ways - ie. poor diet, getting hyper mad about stupid stuff like her mail not getting delivered properly or getting hang up phone calls from solictors But time will tell... I commiserated a bit with my sister when I could yesterday, she said she goes through the same stuff with my Mom - in fact Sis was laughing when we were at the grocery store and I was almost arguing with my Mom to plan her meals and BUY GROCERIES NOW while we had the car and were able to drive her around and pick up what she needed. She would not be budged. She relied alot on Healthy Choice brand meals because she didn't want to cook and I showed her that is not an option any more because of the high sodium in processed meals. I just hope the fear of having another congestive heart failure episode (they didn not determine an exact cause of the last one) will be enough to keep her on the straight and narrow with her diet.

Our ride home was pretty miserable. Once we got into Wisconsin we hit heavy, heavy rains. It was difficult driving and I'm glad DH is not bothered by this. One frustration is that it's a 2 lane highway and truckers often took up both lanes and would not move over. With the heavy rains, it was worse with all the water the trucks kicked up. Windshield wipers could not keep up and alot of times we were driving blindly. I would have pulled over if it was me. The rain finally let up about 2 hours from home and by the time we headed into town we were seeing little specs of the white stuff in the air. Just flurries, no accumulation. It was nice in Chicago - the last bits of autumn with nice weather. One night DH and I sat on the front stairs in the evening and watched the airplanes fly low over the houses on their way to landing at the airport. I rubbed his back and it reminded me of long, long ago when we were very very young and used to do the same thing when we first met on a nice summer's evening.

I will be glad to get back into my routine again. I haven't watched but an hour of TV in the last 5 weeks - lots of shows backed up on the recorder. We did bring back some Italian Beef and Sausage with us from Portillo's - our favorite. Had a great sandwich last night when we got in. I wanted a pizza but we didn't get the chance to get one and we opted out of picking up some Polish Sausage too as my freezer is pretty full - a lot of what I have in there Mom could not eat for various reasons so I need to plan to use up alot of stuff in the next few weeks. Cold weather is here to stay so some soups and stews are definitely on the agenda. A loaf of fresh baked bread sounds good too.

I'm working the weekend - both days which I wish I wasn't but since I was out most of this week, that's how the schedule worked out. The owner is good about just scheduling me to 3 days a week - I am happy for that although I can see how business really dropped off drastically - at least until hunting season starts which seems to me is there is always something to shoot and kill starting this time of season - grouse, bears, deer, squirrels, wolves, etc. The last 2 week days I worked would have been totally boring if it weren't for talking to owners for a while.

That brings me up to speed. Don't want to lose this post so I will submit this and then go back and catch up on personals.