Did you mess up?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Get the bleep over it! I ran across this blog post, and it not only made me laugh, but it rang true. Wanted to share it because I know SO many of us take it so hard when we have a bad eating day, or miss a workout.
  • Nice. Very nice! I needed this badly three years ago, when I really had it in my head that I could use nasty drill sergeant inner dialogue to get the weight off. GTFOI probably describes my current way of eating. It's a lot slower, but I am a whole lot happier.
  • Love it!!!!
  • I sooo needed this today!
  • Thanks for sharing. There are many days I just need to get over it!
  • Love this! Thanks for sharing!
  • That's the kind of thing I really needed to read right now.
  • That's great, thanks for sharing.

lego too!
  • Quote: That's the kind of thing I really needed to read right now.
    Agreed! I had a bad bad day yesterday, but it's a new day!
  • I love it, thanks for sharing!!!
  • oh wow luv it luv it luv it! how plan simple n to the point!
  • "It isn’t this mistake that matters…It’s the next one."

perfect!
  • I think I'll make GTFOI my daily affirmation. Thanks for the link!
  • It's such a simple truth, but it's also sometimes so difficult to internalize.

Dr. Judith Beck uses the analogy of slip ups to breaking fine china. If a person drops a fancy plate, they wouldn't say "Oh, well, screwed that one up, might as well go and break the rest of the set, too." So it is with our food and fitness choices- we make mistakes, but should never compound them with more mistakes.

Thanks for sharing the blog post.
  • Hahaha! When I saw the title of this thread, I thought How did you know about last night? I went out with friends and ate worse then I could have. Great link very funny and true.