IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/20/2012

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: I've never heard of cauliflower bread. I always put my tuna in lettuce and roll it up. Usually gets messy at the end though.
    Loco you are so darn cute. You remind me of meg Ryan in when Sally met Harry! Just a thought!
  • Quote: Liz, you are my role model! I've been looking at your weight loss and it is amazing what you have done each week. We have similar start weights and are the same height, so I'm hoping to have at least half the success that you have had. Did you walk or do any other exercise during your journey?
    I did VERY slow, low intensity walking my first 8 weeks of IP, ~2 miles @ ~20-22min/mile pace. Then i stopped walking and did light weightlifting week 8-15, i then increased my intensity (note the stall week 15) and Phase 2 i added in cardio (note the stall Phase 2, most folks lose 3-5lb then), Phase 3 i really started too up the intensity (note also no big drops, I have continued to maintain).

Point being, dont expect high intensity exercise to jumpstart losses, for me when i bumped it up i stalled out. I followed the Phase 1 sheet 100%, that was the key for me, not one cheat, kept my 'extras' to 6 servings or less, drink a lot of water, varied my veggies and protein, and kept my mind open to new foods and recipes.