Maintaining! (WOWZA!)

• Hi!

I introduced myself in another part of the forum but I'm now in maintaining mode so here goes! My name is Elyssa, I lost 100 pounds within about a year, using the myfitnesspal app to count and track my calories and exercise, which I'm still using to maintain. I've been able to maintain my weight of 110 pounds overall but am still using trial and error to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. Sort of feels like a balancing act at the moment! This is my second time down the 'losing a whole heck of weight' road, but first time actively learning to maintain. Apparently it doesn't magically stay off after you get to your goal! LOL. I will definitely post pictures once I get settled into this lovely little forum. :-D
  • Welcome Elyssa. This is the place to be! Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Welcome Elyssa! Congrats on your loss! Funny I just posted how I've started using the myfitnesspal app since I recently got an ipad. I used to log in a paper journal. I like the extensive food database but found the rate of loss it projected for me was waaaay off, so I turned that feature off. Still a good tool to have your food log at your fingertips. Welcome to the forum!
  • Welcome, Elyssa, I did see your other post and will repeat , more or less what I said, there is a lot of trial and error in maintaining or as you say a balancing act.
    You have had a great loss, congratulations !.
  • Welcome!
  • Got to my goal Aug. 2014
    As of today I have maintained my weight of 150. I lost 5 more lbs. So my lee way is 145- 150. When I get above 150 I start on phase 1 until I've lost down to 145. I did go on vacation and gained 8 lbs. Went on phase 1 right away and lost 10 lbs. Now I'm at 146. Eating healthy snacks such as almonds, hummus, granola mix from scratch, cheese sticks.