Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st, 2017

Starting Weight: 125

Present Weight:109

Goal Weight:105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control

Following any specific plan: heck yes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a trainer

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want a six pack.
  • First name: Shannon

Geographical location: New York (not city)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Unemployed but working on becoming a pharmacy technician

Pets: Dog, cat, and rabbit (my dog is my baby)

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, cross stitch, reading, listening to podcasts, lots of netflix

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/6/2016

Starting Weight: 246.5

Present Weight: 187.6

Goal Weight: 125?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love affair with carbs and anything covered with melted cheese

Following any specific plan: I lost the first 50lbs just by counting calories (CICO), and I just started the Ideal Protein program.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Dedication, wanting to lose weight for the right reasons.

Anything else you would like to share: I used to play rugby but I tore my ACL and I miss it a lot.
  • First name: Rachel

Geographical location: London

Age: 18 (I understand why there's no 'below 20s' category dw)

Marital Status: lmao

Children/Ages: Nope

Occupation: Just finished sixth form, want to trim up for uni in 9 weeks

Pets: 2 beautiful cats!! British blue and a black tabby

Hobbies/Interests: Reading biographies, languages, baking

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/caramel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 21/07/17

Starting Weight: 96kg (211bs)

Present Weight: 91kg (200lbs)

Goal Weight: 77kg (169 lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: bingeing and learning so say no when food is near, and knowing to stop when full

Following any specific plan: atkins 20-25, gym 3x a week, weights 3x a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really badly want to feel comfy at uni and feel good. Being so tall I'm a naturally 'big' person and I stood out at school bc of this, so uni will be different and I'll enjoy myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: Results day is 17th August so I'll know if I've got into uni then. This plan gives me something other than waiting for results to focus on!! My overall goal is around 70-75kg, but patience will see
  • Kristin
    First name: Kristin

Geographical location: Utah

Children/Ages: None yet

Occupationeacher

Pets: Horses, 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Theatre, music, volleyball

Height:5' 9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7/14/2017

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight:239.2

Goal Weight:148

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I've been big my entire life, so it's definitely getting over that mentality. Not self-defeating myself.

Following any specific plan: Working with a nutritionalist

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am determined. I am making life changing decisions and I'm never looking back. Enough is enough.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    First name: Aubrey

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status: Widowed

Children/Ages: 2 girls, ages 5 and almost 2

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Makeup, Nails, Hair

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde Hair (currently), Blue Eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About a year and a half ago.

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 150-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making healthy choices, and exercising.

Following any specific plan: Trying to make healthier choices and exercise more lol

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well this time around I haven't been successful in losing weight (I had lost quite a bit, and then got pregnant and gained a bunch with my second baby). But I think that's because I don't have anyone constantly cheering me on and pushing me to succeed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be here, and I am ready to get this weight off of me.
  • First name: Martina

Geographical location: Abu dhabi

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:none

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:music, ellen and the tonight show with jimmy fallon, baking, reading

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color:dark brown, black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:august 2016

Starting Weight: 242

Present Weight:187

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overeating main course meals , fitting in a steady workout with my schedule

Following any specific plan: 1200kcal a day + morning brisk walks for 45mins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: fixed a time for my workout which should work and boost my day (fingers crossed)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Well, my parents have always been and continue to be feeders, i have always been overweight since my childhood and it wasnt an issue till i had gone to college, where i realised a lot of the "facts" said at home weren't true and i started noticing my eating patterns and my energy levels, even so with the amount of pressure from my med school routine i had never really taken a hard effort about my weight, when i was in my last 2 years of college i started getting conscious (late realization but better late than never i guess) and had started strenuous efforts since last year started eating healthy,tried to workout out when i could, i have lost 50 pounds but my weight loss has been stagnant since April this year, i have stuck to a healthy home cooked foods but not the quantity of it and the workout bit hasn't really been worked out on, i have already dug 8ft deep and wanna achieve the last 2ft. Was so ecstatic when i found this site. :-):-) Hope to be a healthier me by the end of this year, never to late to start right
    ALL THE VERY BEST EVERYONE!!!
    First name: Casey

Geographical location: Central PA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 boy, 2014 & 2017

Pets: German Shepard/Lab mix, 5yrs old

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, Gardening, Outdoors, Hunting, Fishing

Height:5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown & Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/12/17

Starting Weight:219

Present Weight:217

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating

Following any specific plan: not presently, but plan on giving keto a try

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have free gym access, a treadmill & weights at home and I'm in a good beachbody accountability group

Anything else you would like to share with us: My biggest issue is just sticing with working out and with not getting food on the go.
  • First name: Charlie

Geographical location: FL

Hobbies/Interests: Journaling and cooking

Height:5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct '17

Starting Weight: 193

Present Weight: 191

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Foods in the house and Overeating/Binge eating.

Following any specific plan: Vegan lifestyle and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My vegan journey.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I decided to go vegan because of the purposeful mystification from food corporations and the treatment of animals, but I hope the healthy benefits are helpful in this attempt to reach my goal weight.
  • First name: Brenna

Geographical location: Atlanta, GA

Children/Ages: None, but an 18 year old brother that's also like a son

Occupation: Aerospace Engineer, maintenance support and fleet projects for an airline

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, flying (private pilot), quilling and painting, playing music.

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 27-FEB-2018 (if we don't count the obsessive yet failed attempts for the last 12 years, let's just forget all that)

Starting Weight: 278 lbs

Present Weight: 265 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with eating well. I always feel hungry and get cravings.

Following any specific plan: paleo/keto.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've made a breakthrough on depression and self esteem issues that I've always used to excuse myself from making any effort, and still occasionally feel that I'm not worth the trouble. Haven't really had a break since constant schoolwork and then 3 years of rotating shiftwork that has left me permanently exhausted, but I'm starting a new job in a couple weeks that will be normal hours and I hope that all my efforts will translate into success once I get into a routine.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't have any friends I talk to really, other than coworkers and my youngest brother (aforementioned 18 year old), but would love someone to be an accountability buddy with that likes a lot of contact, virtually or in person.
  • New here
    First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Nebraska

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: two cats and a Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Love to read fiction, lifelong learner, hanging out wtih mu husband and friends

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, strawberry blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/5/18

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight:270

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I struggle with anxiety and depression and I also binge eat because of it of it. I also have a busy life with a crazy work and school schedule, since I am in college to complete my BSN now.

Following any specific plan: No specific plan right now. I am trying to eat fewer carbs and track everything on myfitnesspal.
  • New!
    First name: Meg

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: one doggo

Hobbies/Interests: hiking, rock climbing, camping, fishing, cooking, baking, sports, concerts

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: brown/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 25th

Starting Weight: 205 :/

Present Weight: first weigh in tomorrow!

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Focusing too much on how fast (or slow) I progress through this. This is a process that doesn't just happen overnight!

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past, I was very focused on quick fixes and feeling better about how I looked. While I do still want to feel more comfortable in my own skin, I really want to do this to create better eating habits for my future and get overall healthier.

Anything else you would like to share with us: About 3 months ago, I started getting in to working out and focusing on my nutrition which was needed because I have gained weight over the last few years. About a month into that, I ended up breaking my ankle/leg and have been very inactive and discouraged since then. I decided to start IP to help me continue that weight loss journey and to make sure I don't lose anymore muscle mass than I already have.
  • First name: Gilberte

Geographical location: Kent (England)

Marital Status: Living with partner

Pets: none sadly :-(

Hobbies/Interests: I love history, especially medieval history, old movies, cooking, murder mysteries like Poirot

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brunette (Going a bit grey on top though)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2018

Starting Weight: 182lbs

Present Weight: 182lbs

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: relationship with food and doing the right thing health wise. I could eat carbs, fat and sugar all day and every day. Staying motivated with both diet and exercise.

Following any specific plan: I think I have to still work this out. What things I need to straight out avoid and what things I need to add in to my diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Couple of things, I am aware of the fact that as I get older my metabolism slows right down and I do not want to be in a place where it is impossible to lose the weight because of that. Also on a more mundane note, I have too many clothes that I cannot fit into which I refuse to throw away because I have spent too much on them.

Anything else you would like to share: I am really socially anxious person and I really help this journey with all you lovely people will make me happier and more confident as a human bean :-D !
    First name: Maddy (Hi everyone!)

Geographical location: Pennsylvania, USA

Children/Ages: 0 kids

Pets: I have shared custody of my childhood dog with my mother. In that when I’m not busy and miss him I have her drop him off for a sleepover lol.

Hobbies/Interests: Broadway, Concerts, Sports, Entertaining, Traveking

Height: 5’7”

Eye/Hair Color: Brown & Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime in 2017

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight-loss: Have you guys tried this thing called cheese? I love going out to eat with friends, the social aspect of eating always gets me.

Following any specific plan: Trying to go to the gym 4 times a week and stay under 1400 calories a day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i’m actually trying. I always said I would do it but with no action. Up until a few months ago I had a personal trainer. I recently bought a house and switched jobs so in the craziness of that I had to let that go. Now I’m trying to get back in my routine myself.
  • First name: Mary

Geographical location: Middle Tennessee

Pets: a sweet little dog name Baby Girl, a dachshund and min pinscher mix

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, hiking, kayaking. Anything new and adventurous in my life.

Height:5'09

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most of my life? lol but most recently March of 2018

Starting Weight: 310

Present Weight: 285

Goal Weight: 235(short term goal) 175(long term goal)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Dealing with diabetes and PCOS.

Following any specific plan: Not specifically. Trying to find low carb options.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being diagnosed with diabetes has changed my "why" so to speak. I feel more motivated to change that diagnosis.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so glad to be back after all the time away!
  • hi
    Hi from Argentina