IP Weekend Chat - Saturday 9/15-Sunday 9/16

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Today was weigh-in day and I am down another 2.1 pounds. I can't go to the clinic next week, so I am hoping for a big loss in two weeks. I have had a hard time with cravings this past week. I want them to go away! I want to lose more that 14 pounds by November 17, so 14 pounds in 9 weeks, still seems doable. My total weight loss so far is 50.5 pounds.
    You can absolutely hit 14 pounds in 9 weeks! That is only 1.5 pounds per week, and your averages look quite a bit higher than that Great job so far, keep it up!
  • Good evening All. IP43 congrats on the jeans. I was at the fair today with my twin 3yr olds. What a laugh. Great fun. I managed to stay away from the donut van, candy floss and the chip van. We brought home 5 oversized balls!!! The kids won them fishing ducks from a pool, all they wanted were the balls. Have a good weekend.
  • Quote: Hello everyone!

Life in IP land is going good. Today i've been on IP for 100 days!!!
    I'm not sure exactly when i'll start phasing off. Our IP sheets still say phase off when you reach 90% of goal weight.
    It's amazing all the different "IP sheets" out there.
    Our clinic is a "Diamond IP clinic." I keep getting told this but I really don't know what that means. All I know, is that the weight is falling off, my health has improved dramatically and my head is not in a fog.
    I was very skeptical about "no exercise." I actually enjoy exercising while losing weight. I become very aware of the different ways my body moves while i'm working out and I find that very empowering.
    I have found a benefit to not exercising right now...I have to face my demons. Yup, never really thought I had any REAL issues - but, I do. I have used exercise in the past to block out what I was feeling. I thought I was "working through my feelings" by doing cardio and sweating like a mad woman...I guess it doesn't work that way.
    I have joined a woman's group & I think this will help me to keep the weight off. Why is it when I think about sharing my feelings I want to "roll my eyes?" Don't get me wrong I think therapy can be a wonderful tool and it helps so many people. I guess i've read so many self help books over the years I tend to be a bit of a know-it-all this is not a quality that I am proud of.
    I also need to say thank you for the wonderful postings and advice I have received through this forum. I don't know if I could've made it through the first week without you. Oh man, I sure did suffer major withdrawls the first week from carbs and coffee....but you, my IP friends, made it so much better and I felt encouraged to carry on.
    I think the new sheet says to stay on Phase 1 until you reach 100% of your goal weight.
  • Quote: Good evening All. IP43 congrats on the jeans. I was at the fair today with my twin 3yr olds. What a laugh. Great fun. I managed to stay away from the donut van, candy floss and the chip van. We brought home 5 oversized balls!!! The kids won them fishing ducks from a pool, all they wanted were the balls. Have a good weekend.
    Just be thankful for the balls... my son won one of those HUGE useless stuffies that leaks the white little balls inside it all over everytime you touch it. That stupid dog has been the bane of my vacuuming existence for 3 years. My solution? I gave up vacuuming! LOL
  • Quote: Hello everyone!

Life in IP land is going good. Today i've been on IP for 100 days!!!
    I'm not sure exactly when i'll start phasing off. Our IP sheets still say phase off when you reach 90% of goal weight.
    It's amazing all the different "IP sheets" out there.
    Our clinic is a "Diamond IP clinic." I keep getting told this but I really don't know what that means. All I know, is that the weight is falling off, my health has improved dramatically and my head is not in a fog.
    I was very skeptical about "no exercise." I actually enjoy exercising while losing weight. I become very aware of the different ways my body moves while i'm working out and I find that very empowering.
    I have found a benefit to not exercising right now...I have to face my demons. Yup, never really thought I had any REAL issues - but, I do. I have used exercise in the past to block out what I was feeling. I thought I was "working through my feelings" by doing cardio and sweating like a mad woman...I guess it doesn't work that way.
    I have joined a woman's group & I think this will help me to keep the weight off. Why is it when I think about sharing my feelings I want to "roll my eyes?" Don't get me wrong I think therapy can be a wonderful tool and it helps so many people. I guess i've read so many self help books over the years I tend to be a bit of a know-it-all this is not a quality that I am proud of.
    I also need to say thank you for the wonderful postings and advice I have received through this forum. I don't know if I could've made it through the first week without you. Oh man, I sure did suffer major withdrawls the first week from carbs and coffee....but you, my IP friends, made it so much better and I felt encouraged to carry on.
    Congrats on the 100 days!!! Sounds like body and mind have undergone a transformation for you Keep it up!
    Re: the "different" IP sheets - the one that says 90% to goal is actually outdated, not different. A new one was released in May of this year, Wuv posted it in the Newbies sticky here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post9.html

My clinic has been using outdated material too - my coach didn't even know there was a revision!

Quote: NSV -- I went and CRAMMED MY A$$ into a pair of 11/12 pants. The cramming is not good, but the fact I could even do them up made me do a happy dance (without splitting them! . I found a few pair (used store) that were of stretchier material and more comfortable, so those are the ones I bought, not the "crammers". The main thing is I came home with 3 pair of "new to me" size 11/12 pants, and I don't care if I need a shoe horn to put those babies on! Haven't worn that size since I WAS 11/12 YEARS OLD myself! WOooot Wooot!!!
    ROFLMAO that is AWESOME!!! Grab the baby oil and wear those 11/12's like you mean it!
  • Quote: Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Day 3 for me and it has started out with NO headache which I hope continues throughout the day. Yesterday, I had a terrible headache. I feel good today!!!
    good! It gets better from here!
  • Looking for encouragement
    Hi IPeeps. Having a bit of a tough time. TOM is looming - I'm so hungry and craving everything! I've been working like crazy and I'm just so ready to move on to phase 2 but I know I should stay on phase 1 longer - it's just the hormones screaming (lol) - just looking for encouragement
  • Quote:

So I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to stay 100% OP. I know I made the right choice this morning to go back to bed and not let waking up in a bad mood impact my diet!!! Just another step in the right direction for me.
    Good to have some positive thinking.

When we start to change our lifestyles, we also change our emotional outlets. So if one is an emotional eater, or uses food to either express or hide behind emotions, and then STOPS that type of response, the emotions come out in more natural ways.
    So perhaps you were feeling crappy and in a bad mood as a reaction to the changes in how you express your emotions.

What you did was really an excellent response to a bad mood. You re-framed your thinking, and your attitude changed. You changed your mind about it, in other words.

The really good thing about that, is that you will know how to do that next time you have a similar "attitude" or situation.

Not only are we changing our eating habits, but our learning how to more appropriately express and deal with our day to day emotions.

Quote:
    Hoping to get back on the meal planning bandwagon this weekend, I used to be SO good about making my cooking plan ahead of time, but I've fallen way off with that. Just when I need it most, too! I've been going through my recipes to see which ones are already Phase 1 friendly and which can be modified. One of the menu planning mailers I get has a Paleo option that will be handy in Maintenance, but not always phase 1 friendly

If you get in the habit now, it will pay off in phase 3.
    I am having to get used to planning and tracking everything on Myfatsecret.com. Similar to yours. I like it since it has IP products in the database.

I have struggled with the tracking in phase 3, and the sheets my coach gave me are confusing and contradictory. I will point it out to her when I go back. In phase 3, I skip a WI week. I wonder if that is typical. I feel a little alone, except for all the great P3 advice I have gotten here. LizzR got my on track right away!!!! Thanks to her, I am doing much better.
    I like the breakfasts, and am never hungry, but I am trying to make sure I am 100% accurate in my tracking.

So...long response to you!
    Glad you are tracking now, since it will be awesome for you in phase 3!

Quote: Today was weigh-in day and I am down another 2.1 pounds. I can't go to the clinic next week, so I am hoping for a big loss in two weeks. I have had a hard time with cravings this past week. I want them to go away! I want to lose more that 14 pounds by November 17, so 14 pounds in 9 weeks, still seems doable. My total weight loss so far is 50.5 pounds.

You have lost almost as much as a small gymnast!
  • Quote: Hi IPeeps. Having a bit of a tough time. TOM is looming - I'm so hungry and craving everything! I've been working like crazy and I'm just so ready to move on to phase 2 but I know I should stay on phase 1 longer - it's just the hormones screaming (lol) - just looking for encouragement
    I am really glad I stayed on P1 until I lost everything I wanted.
    When you get over this craving cycle, you will have a lot more confidence.

I never had cravings like you, so I cannot give you real good advice. But perhaps you should try some things (if you have not already) such as having your restricted early in the day, or eliminating it for a week or so.
    Or make sure your higher carbs are at lunch not dinner, or eliminate the higher carb veggies all together for a time.

When my losses slowed down, I went to low carb veggies such as spinach and celery.

And OH! I remember people saying that when you have those cravings you probably have a big loss coming!

Get through this next week, with TOM, and I bet you will see the sun on the other side.
  • Quote: Hi IPeeps. Having a bit of a tough time. TOM is looming - I'm so hungry and craving everything! I've been working like crazy and I'm just so ready to move on to phase 2 but I know I should stay on phase 1 longer - it's just the hormones screaming (lol) - just looking for encouragement
    WOW, look at how far you've come...incredible and you should be so proud!
    Cravings are certainly normal, so cave in for a moment...but do it OP.
    If you crave sweets, try Rainbows Cinnamon Jicama chips...they are OMG good. Completely satisfy my sweet tooth..(and that's not easy to do)

Salty, crunchy, grab a pack of the IP white cheddar ridges. I find those to be really salty.

Look at a picture of yourself before you started.
    Drink a lot of hot herbal tea.

I'm sure by this point you know all the tricks.... The trick right now to find a way to stay OP...your SO close to your goal....YOU CAN DO IT.
    And when that delightful TOM passes, you will be so glad you plowed thru it.
    The bright side: at least your young enough to still have a TOM...lol

My Mom used to say to me " your patience is just getting a little exercise today "

• Quote:
    When my losses slowed down, I went to low carb veggies such as spinach and celery.

And OH! I remember people saying that when you have those cravings you probably have a big loss coming!

Get through this next week, with TOM, and I bet you will see the sun on the other side.
    Thanks so much - good idea with the lower carb veggies - I hadn't thought of that -

Quote: WOW, look at how far you've come...incredible and you should be so proud!
    Cravings are certainly normal, so cave in for a moment...but do it OP.
    If you crave sweets, try Rainbows Cinnamon Jicama chips...they are OMG good. Completely satisfy my sweet tooth..(and that's not easy to do)

Salty, crunchy, grab a pack of the IP white cheddar ridges. I find those to be really salty.

Look at a picture of yourself before you started.
    Drink a lot of hot herbal tea.

I'm sure by this point you know all the tricks.... The trick right now to find a way to stay OP...your SO close to your goal....YOU CAN DO IT.
    And when that delightful TOM passes, you will be so glad you plowed thru it.
    The bright side: at least your young enough to still have a TOM...lol

My Mom used to say to me " your patience is just getting a little exercise today "

Thanks for the help!
    I'll have to look for those jicama chips - do I need a dehydrator for them?
  • Quote: Thanks so much - good idea with the lower carb veggies - I hadn't thought of that -

Thanks for the help!
    I'll have to look for those jicama chips - do I need a dehydrator for them?
    No, it's all done on the stove top.
    Look in the Mixin in the Kitchen thread by RainbowSmiles. Jicama is a root vegetable that you peel and slice. I found it at Whole foods.
    They are topped with Spleda and Cinnamon..so yummy. Everyone in my family loves them
    Good luck
  • Quote: Hoping to get back on the meal planning bandwagon this weekend, I used to be SO good about making my cooking plan ahead of time, but I've fallen way off with that. Just when I need it most, too! I've been going through my recipes to see which ones are already Phase 1 friendly and which can be modified. One of the menu planning mailers I get has a Paleo option that will be handy in Maintenance, but not always phase 1 friendly
    Not sure if I can link this, but I'll try... I use a meal planning/shopping list combo so that meal planning happens before grocery shopping by default. Since I'm trying to maintain typical family eating while on IP I have been using this printable faithfully.

http://www.lifeinyellow.com/2012/03/...free-download/

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies!!!
  • Afternoon all. I hope you are all having an easier time than me staying OP. I've been to the Harvest Fest church picnic with the grand kids and there was so much good smelling food. The kids came home with me to stay all night and they brought third fruit loops and gold fish crackers with them. And then DH brought home jelly filled long johns. This is killing me. Oh please give me strength!!!!
  • Warning this maybe TMI!

Okay so I have been having TOM for 15 days now. What the heck? I am usually a 7 day cycle person. I have read through numerous threads and it seems that some people get TOM early or late but I haven't read anywhere of someone getting it for longer. This is my second cycle on IP the first was normal. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sassy