On Plan thread 9/10 -9/16

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • We're keeping this the thread to discuss our menus, let's keep the general chatter to the daily thread!
  • Started phase I.5 yesterday, going okay so far! (no grains)

yesterday:
    B: mushroom, sausage omelette
    L: lettuce/turkey/cuke/onion/hummus wrap
    S: cheese stick
    D: ham, sweet potato, cabbage, fresh tomato, apple slices
    D: cashew

today:
    B: ham/mushroom omelette
    S: cheese stick, maybe apple if I run
    L: black bean soup
    D: chicken and portabella, some other veggie side dish (prob squash)
    D: dark chocolate
  • Thanks for starting us off this week, Twynn.

P3

1: cinnamon eggs (3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, vanilla extract, stevia, cinnamon), 4 strawberries, homemade pumpkin spice latte (made with stevia)
    2: spinach, mushroom and feta crustless quiche
    3: apple w/ 1 T. pb or carrots/hummus
    4: asian meatballs in lettuce cups (recipe from P1 recipe section), something else tbd
    5: 1 oz. dark chocolate

exercise: 60 mins. fast/incline walk on the treadmill with a magazine -- feeling so tired today
  • Thanks for starting us off this week!

I had a few iffy meals over the weekend, but didn't let the meals spiral into the whole day/weekend, and kept up with the exercise. So overall I think it went pretty well.

Wt: 169.2

B: Overnight protein oats (Oats, chia, vanilla protein, peanut butter, almond milk, fresh blueberries)
    L: Lunch got provided for us and I had a few Thai dishes. No noodles, and wasn't going to have any rice, until one of the dishes turned out INSANELY HOT. Wound up eating about 1/4 cup coconut rice to cool down my mouth.
    Sn: Babybel & V8.
    S: Brown rice wrap with a turkey meatloaf muffin, hummus, yogurt cheese, spinach, and a little mozza.
    SF: NSA Chocolate pudding.
    Ex: Insanity (Cardio Recovery & Fit Test)
  • Phase 1.5 No grains

B - coffee with us coconut milk. green smoothie.
    L - cauliflower crust pizza with spinach, peppers, and veggie pepperoni. green salad. white tea.
    S - cocoa-roasted nuts (homemade; no corn starch!)
    D - grilled scallops, cucumber/Greek yogurt salad, roasted broccoli
    dessert - nsa hot chocolate
  • Emma, how are you making cocoa roasted nuts. I was so sad to read the ingredient list in the store bought ones. Can anything just be pure anymore?
  • now I'm intrigued. WHAT are cocoa roasted nuts?
  • Wt 169.8
    B: Overnight oats almond butter and blueberries
    L: Healthier general Tso's chicken
    S: Going out to celebrate a friend's bday. Will have soup and salad.
  • P3

1: cinnamon scrambled eggs; whole wheat pumpkin muffin (from the P2 dessert recipe section -- it is a bread recipe, I just made it into muffins and didn't make the orange cream cheese); coffee
    2: tuna salad in lettuce boats
    3: carrots and hummus
    4: chicken cheesesteak saute, roasted zucchini
    5: yogurt and berries?

exercise: oldest has a stomach bug, so hopefully DH will be able to get home early enough for me to hit the gym or go for a run during this fabulous little cool(ish) front we're having.
  • mmmm, cocoa-roasted nuts are GOOD. Probably too good
    I discovered them pre-made (Emerald brand, sweetened with Splenda), and after I devoured pretty much the entire canister (probably 16 servings or so!) I discovered corn starch was an ingredient. Not sure how much, but still I figured I could easily make the same without cornstarch.

I have tried it the easy way (just spray raw nuts with a coating of canola oil and the dust with a cocoa powder/sweetener of choice) and the more difficult, messy way (coat the nuts in an egg white wash first) - although I have never gotten the results just right (a lot of coating doesn't stick), they are still really good!! I toast them in my toaster oven at 350°F for around 7 or 8 minutes. Some will start to crack when they are ready.

Here is one recipe that comes close to what I do (she uses water instead of oil and combines it all in a shake-n-bake method)

I have done this frequently with almonds and with soy nuts (pre-roasted so they don't take very long at all).

Just make sure to divide up into serving sizes so you don't eat the whole shebang in a sitting, as I am prone to doing
  • Phase 1.5?

B - Coffee with us coconut milk. "Cake batter" smoothie
    L - Homemade chili with TVP and multicolored peppers. White tea.
    S - Cucumber-Greek yogurt salad. Roasted seasoned seaweed (YUM! The only ingredients are seaweed, oil and salt - 1.6 g fat - 30 cal and 30% USRDA for Vitamin A and 20% for Vitamin C )
    D - Grilled shrimp on Romaine lettuce salad with flaxseed oil/lemon juice vinaigrette. Broccoli eggwhite "souffle" (more like a quiche/custard).
    dessert - ?

[I added it up: 5-6 cups veggies, depending on how I count the lettuce. 124g protein - wow!]
  • Those sound good! I might just make them one serving at a time. I have no control with nuts and chocolate.
  • P3

1: yogurt w/ frozen berries and chopped almonds
    2: chickpea and avocado spread on cucumbers and spinach
    3: carrots and hummus
    4: baked tilapia, roasted carrots and zucchini

exercise: going for a run this morning, teaching aqua tonight
  • Wt 169.0

B: Overnight oats
    L: Marinated vegetables.
    S: Whole wheat lasagna roll (spinach and ricotta), salad
    Sn: Babybel
    Ex: 40 minutes of Insanity (Cardio Recovery)
  • B: ham and portabella omelette
    S: hummus and celery/cukes
    L: pork and sweet potato leftovers
    D: big ole salad