• Thursday Plan - South Beach Diet Phase II
    B. coffee with Splenda an 1% milk
    3 wheat thin crackers
    2 Laughing cow light cheese
    Minneola orange
    L. 2 slices of whole grain bread with Becel Light margarine
    sliced tomato & onion with basil leaves
    3/4 cup LF yogurt
    D. experimental casserole of spaghetti squash, tomatoes, peppers, onions and ground up leftover chicken breast from the stash
    a spinach salad
    8 oz. skim milk
  • Plan for today... Friday

oatmeal with blueberries and yogurt
    beans with brown rice and a few chopped onions
    strawberres
    salad wth pulled pork from Thursday
    15 peanuts
  • I'll fill this in as it happens.

B. A smoothie of skim milk, an egg, 1/3 cup Fibre One, gound flax, salba and 1 T of cocoa powder, sweetened with Splenda. 246 calories, 13 g. fiber and 19 g protein. I will glug lots of water this morning.

L. 2 cups mushroom/barley soup, 1 ww roll with light margarine, 6 prunes 80 carbs, 10 6, protein and up to a total of 26 grams of fiber

D. from the freezer stash - small pizza on a ww pita with lots of veggies, minimal pepperoni, a green salad, 2 glasses of wine
  • Today's Plan:

B. Smoothie as yesterday

L. Decided not to shop today. Had three cobs of corn with limited butter, sliced tomatoes and cukes, plus another 6 prunes.

D. meatloaf made with oatmeal, green beans, sliced tomato, spaghetti squash if I get it cooked.
  • Last night enjoyed spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce and salad with blue cheese dressing. Just love that squash. a good sized (155g) serving is low carb, low cal, and yummy.
  • I have decided to do what always worked for me in the past. I'm using the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet... CAD. It fits my lifestyle and while I don't really have to I am counting the calories with it so I know how much I'm eating. I'm also setting a goal. I would like to go to TX to visit family sometime next year and would like to weigh a lot less and be healthier... able to get around better. So I'm setting that as my goal.

B - 1 c coffee w/Stevia and H & H

RM - 2 c salad w/1T Ranch Drsg., 2 home fried chicken legs, 1/2 c beets, 8 oz FF milk and 1/2 grapefruit

CM - Tuna salad

CM snack - 1 Atkins shake

965 calories today... I'm sure it will be more on other days so not worrying about it being so low.
  • Yesterday:

B: 1/2c fiber one with 1/2c unsweetened almond milk
    one sliced cala apple with 2tbs PB2
    Black coffee

L: chilled shrimp
    sliced tomato

S: grilled tillapia
    oven potatoes
    cucumbers
    2 glasses of wine
    S: fiber one with almond milk
  • Today:
    B. ww English muffin, peanut butter and a bit of honey
    L. The dreaded Chinese Buffet but only one trip with the focus on veggies, chicken and shrimp
    D. 2 Baby Bel Cheese, 4 wheat thins, a small tomato and a sliced apple which is what I had planned for lunch!
  • Tuesday:
    B. 2 scrambled eggs, chopped onions, green peppers, 3 stoned wheat thin crackers
    L. Vegetable soup (not diluted) with a bit of parmesan, an apple, 8 oz. skim milk[i]
    D. Leftover cooked chicken, green beans, tomatoes
  • Just not hungry the past few days. Finally ate RM around 3:30pm. Seem to really be hungry for salad at night. FBS was 109 today.

B - coffee with Stevia and splash of FF milk

RM - PB & honey sandwich, 1 protein bar and gl milk

CM - salad topped with shredded mozzerella and mayo
  • For those of you enjoying your spaghetti squash, here is a recipe I got from a cookbook but haven't tried yet. Sounds good, and you could probably use turkey bacon and low fat cheese.

Spaghetti Squash Cheese Bake

1 small to med spaghetti squash
    2 slices bacon
    8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
    salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Place skin side up in a baking dish and add about 1 inch of water. Bake until the skin begins to give, about 40 min. Carefully pour out the water. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, turning several times 8 to 10 min. Drain on paper towel. Crumble

Using a large fork, scoop the squash out of its skin, pulling it into long strands. Place in a large mixing bowl. Combine with the bacon, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.

Return the mixture to the baking dish and bake until the cheese melts. about 5 min.

Serve hot.
  • B - 2 c coffee with Stevia and H&H

RM - Ryan's Chicken, variety of veggies and sl of carrot cake and milk

CM - Salad topped with boiled egg, shredded mozzerella cheese and mayo

Drink - 64 oz water, 1 Diet Rite, a couple glasses of green tea.
  • Monday:
    B: 1/2c fiber one w/ unsweet. almond milk, 1/2 small apple
    L: wonderslim smoothie with light and fit yogurt
    S: hamburger on sandwich thin, a little mayo, cucumbers, oven fries
    evening snack: yogurt
    60+oz water
    Calories 916 carbs 117 fiber 26 protein 58. about 280 cals of exercise
  • Tuesday:
    B: one egg +2egg whites scrambled with onions, zuchini, and tomato, flax and fiber sandwich thin with butter flavor spray
    L:Romain with cucumbers and a little ranch, plain hot dog
    S: stir fry: boneless chx thigh, 1/2 each of water chestnuts, shitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, broccoli, a little sweet chili, a little udon noodles
    evening snack: yogurt
    50+oz water
    Calories 1025 carbs 108 fiber 14 protein 68. about 270 cals of exercise

Lots of veggies today. Yay
  • Wednesday:
    B: one c fiber one with 3/4c almond milk
    L:Romain with cucumbers and a little ranch, plain hot dog, 3 med strawberries
    S: turkey burger patty, romain with a little ranch, honey dew melon pieces
    evening snack: yogurt pudding with wonderslim
    50+oz water
    Calories 1044 carbs 106 fiber 32 protein 68. 330 cals of exercise