September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type

You're on Page 5 of 19
Go to
  • shad....we have a meeting at 3:45.
    it's an emergency meeting for the new building.
    something is amiss. i know the politicians are attending.
    this is what happens when you try to build over blue rock!!!
    so not sure how long it will take.
    if it's long, i will try and call you later to see if you're in.
  • SHAD....I THINK THE MEETING MIGHT BE CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
  • Laura - I'll be driving an SUV, so I'd be happy for us to take my car. As long as you can give directions.
  • I Called 2 X's So Far.
    One Wouldn't Go Thru At All And The Next One Just Kept Ringing??
    I'll Try Again In A Few Mionutes
  • Michelle...my Heart Is Just Broken For You And All You're Going Thru. I Just Hope It Helps To Know We're All Here For You If You Need Us. ((((((hugs))))))
  • Michelle, I think we've worked it out, so it might not be necessary. Thanks!!
  • Arghhhh. I'm so tired. Working more days than I planned. Worked yesterday, worked today and working tomorrow. Working alot next week too. Hopefully after that I can cut back to real part time. Too tired for personals and I have to leave early tomorrow to get in and bag some product as we had a very busy day today. So I might not post until Sunday.

Sending good thoughts to all who need it.

Laura, Annie and Michelle - I hope you have a wonderful time together. I will be there in spirit.

And Michelle sending you some strength and love and support. The cattle prod brigade is ready to defend your honor if needed Just say the word honey Don't worry about the website. I didn't say anything yet due to the recent stuff in your life. We can catch up soon enough.

Goodnight Irene and all the find ladies of the World.
  • Mel - I LOVE your new avatars. Leaves are changing fast here. Even faster I assume as we hit a dip in the temperatures. Supposed to be near freezing tonight but I was too tired to tarp the garden. If that's the end of the produce, so be it. Hope not but we'll see.
  • Laura, I'll still be bringing the SUV, so if you want me to drive us locally, its no problem. Now to try and get a few more hours of sleep. Maybe I should get the zzzzquil.

• I WAS THINKING OF LAURA, ANNIE & MICHELLE WHEN I WOKE.
    SAFE TRAVELS FRIENDS AND LOTS OF HUGS AND GOOD TIMES.

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
    SHAD & I HAVE FIXED ALL THE WRONGS IN THE WORLD,
    LAUGHED TILL I CRIED & GOT RID OF ANGST.

I AM PREPARED TO FACE THE REST OF THE YEAR
    THE MEETING WASN'T UNTIL AFTER 6.

I WAS LATE BUT SO WERE 2 OTHER PEOPLE AFTER ME.
    THEN I WATCHED TV & WENT TO BED. QUIET NIGHT.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

SHAD....ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR THAT VOICE ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE.
    I WAS CHUCKLING RIGHT THRU THE MEETING.
    NO ONE ELSE WAS IN THAT GOOD OF A MOOD....JUST ME.
    WHILE DOING PROJECTS, MAYBE YOU BETTER THINK OF A SMALL RAMP.
    JUST IN CASE I DO CHUCK IT ALL AND RUN AWAY FROM HOME

HAPPY....SENDING A PRAYER OUT TO YOUR MOM YESTERDAY & TODAY.
    HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR HER
    I CAN IMAGINE WHAT YOU ARE FEELING SO FAR AWAY.
    PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ABOUT THIS & THE EYES TO COME.
    HOPE TOO THAT THE JOB GOES SMOOTHLY.
    FUNNY HAVING YOU OFF AND WORKING AGAIN!!.
    IF I WAS HELPING YOU PACKING IT WOULD BE ONE HANDFUL FOR ME
    & ONE FOR THE BAG
    WE WOULD GET NOWHERE FAST.....AND CHATTING.
    AFTER READING YOUR POST, I WAS THINKING OF YOU & AUTUMN.
    SO WHILE I KEPT TRYING TO CALL SHAD,
    I DECIDED TO PASS THE TIME CHANGING INTO AUTUMN "CLOTHES".

CEEJAY....I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.
    YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB OF STICKING UP FOR YOURSELF!
    I AM LIKE YOU...FORGIVING IS ONE THING BUT FORGETTING IS ANOTHER.
    YOU MOTIVATE ME ALL THE MORE TO SAY "NO" MORE OFTEN!!
    GOOD FOR YOU. HOPE YOU FEEL OK TO GET THE HAIR CUT.
    IT'S TIME YOU TOOK GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF TOO.

LAURA....NOT ONLY EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS RIGHT TO JUSTIFY THE COST OF CARPETING AND ADD TO THAT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE RENTALS HAVE BEEN AND BEDBUGS & VIRUSES ARE SWEEPING ACROSS THE NATION.
    THAT ALONE CAUSED ME TO BUY MINE.
    THE HOUSING BOUGHT ONE THAT CLEANS SMALLER AREAS AND NOT UPHOSTERY.
    NOW THEY'RE SORRY THEY DIDN'T GET A BETTER MODEL.
    MINE HAS NO HOSE. JUST A CHEAP UPRIGHT.
    ALSO....HAVE YOU TRIED GOOGLING THE NAME ON THE PHOTOICOPY OF THE DISH?
    YOU MIGHT JUST RECOGNIZE ONE OF THE GOOGLE ANSWERS AND FIND THE BOOK.
    DID I SAY THIS RIGHT?? hope you got the drift. roflmao
  • Good morning ladies,

I still don't know what's the date or even the day of the week without looking at my computer. Guess I have to get a new battery for my watch that has the date on it.

My Mom (God love her) zipped through her medical procedure yesterday and is doing fine. I talked to her last night. She was a bit cranked up because the nurses told her she could go home afterwards but my sister had to remind her (a lot) that the doctor wanted her to stay overnight for observation due to her advanced age. She is in a private room, only issue is that they have a shared bathroom amongst a couple of rooms but the hospital is wonderful and the staff very very attentive. She will get released today and spend a few days with my sister. Her heart got shocked back into rhythm, blood pressure is down and she appears to be doing well. Hope it stays that way Thanks to all who sent up some prayers for her.

I am working today. So tired I went to bed at 10 last night and slept until 6 this morning. Tried to get a bit more sleep in but I guess I had enough so got up, turned the heat on in the house and made some coffee. Just me and the owner today and since yesterday was a very busy day with people leaving town and stocking up on their popcorn, I want to get in a bit early and bag some product just so I don't get caught short and scrambling. I work 5 days next week so that's going to be just as frantic as this week. I'm getting used to it - both my mind and body but I still come home wiped out and not good for much other than eating, sitting in the recliner and then going to bed. This is why I don't want to work more than 3 days a week. Not getting anything done around here. I should be getting to the 3 day schedule soon.

Laura, Michelle and Annie - safe travels today and I hope you have a wonderful day together.

Mel - I like your Autumn "threads" Glad that Shad put some sunshine in your day and that quiet, wry smile one gets when they are feeling good. I can just imagine the conversations that go on. I'd probably laugh myself into coughing fits. You'd be surprised how quickly you get immune to the popcorn. I taste a kernel here and there but it doesn't really tempt me much. I did buy 2 bags for home and have a handful for a snack occasionally. Everyone in the family thinks they are getting popcorn for Christmas gifts Hey, with all those power tools Shad has, she can probably build you a mighty fine ramp herself. And if she's missing something, we already know you don't have to ask twice to get her to the home improvement store

Michelle - my heart goes out to you. I know the feeling. There have been times in our relationship where we were not getting along at all so I know the heavy heart you must feel. I hope he comes to his senses. Besides a loving wife, you also have the better job and the better insurance. And this would be very disruptive to the plans made with his mother. He would be throwing something very precious away. Don't sell yourself short to compromise. Sometimes it's a bump in the road you both need to work out, sometimes you've just become 2 different people that it will never be the same. I pray that you find some peace and the best thing for you. And the ZzzzzQuil does work very well for those restless nights. If not, drive up and I'll put you to work for 8 hours in the shop - that will tucker you for sure

Laura - yes, the steam mop is not good for wood floors. The other thing about it is that since it's just water - you don't get the soap scent / fresh smell of clean that you do with traditional mop and water cleaning. We have a big Bissell upright style carpet cleaner. It's kind of awkward on throw rugs - most of mine I wash and I don't have any runners. I did almost ruin a wool area rug trying to clean that. It was never quite the same afterwards I would advise to get the best you can afford and not cheap out on the cleaner as it will only cheap out on the quality of cleaning. Some things are like that. The pork roast sounded delicious. I have some peach jam that I might try that with. Too bad you don't have a hint on the cookbook. There's only about 2,000 slow cooker books And I have heard of the apricot jam / pork recipe before so I can't even venture a hint. "Gladhand" yep, I don't think I want to know but we can certainly offer some creative suggestions

Ceejay - new SuperWalmart - how exciting! As for your "friend" - glad you recognized ahead of time and decided not to get suckered into being a servant for this woman. I know how hard it is to say no to those people sometimes and then you drive away kicking yourself for being so gullible.

I need to hop in the shower if I'm going to get out of here early. Hellos to Annie and Ellen and Patty and Java.

Enjoy your weekend chicks.
  • This will be a quick one. I've decided to go to Pargould after my uncle called last night. Need to get ready for that.

We got some more rain last night. Some very huge thunderstorms. Lightening was to close for comfort. Happy I thought about you last night. You would have loved this one.

Thought I be sore this morning but guess my body was more in shape than I thought.

Mel
    Good to hear that you and Shad solved all the problems. May you and she could run for president and vice president. lol

Happy
    I know the feeling about the mind and body being tired.

Annie, Michelle and Laura
    have a good week end. pictures please.
  • THE WEATHER HERE IS LOOKING OMINOUS FOR TONITE AND TOMORROW.
    BETTER POST SOMETHING FOR SHELLEY'S BIRTHDAY JUST IN CASE.

MICHELLE....WISHING YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS YOU CAN HANDLE FOR THIS COMING YEAR.
    LET IT BE A WHOLE NEW YEAR AND A NEW YOU!
    HOPE YOUR DAY WITH THE GIRLS WAS A GREAT ONE
  • Morning all,
    and an early morning it is too. 5.15am on a Sunday. But when sleep is not coming back again, then I guess it is time to get up and get cracking. Hence the early morning post.
    The bin project is mostly done, just need to tidy up, hose down the dust, get some decorative pebbles to scatter around and put the bins back. The pebbles won't come until I have done the other side of the driveway and started on that garden that DS2 built the block wall for all that time ago. But my next project will be to put a roof on the pergola at the back of the house. It will help to keep the sun out of the house during the big heat of summer and hopefully the house will then remain cooler. however plans may change because I think DS2 has the big ladder and the big drill around at the other place. There is plenty of other projects to be going on with. A ramp is not one of them. Why would I need one for Mel when the house is flat on the deck on a concrete pad. My biggest problem would be widening the front door. Else she may have to come in around the back and through my bedroom.

Laura, Annie, Michelle - hope the meeting is going along fine and you haven't come to blows or been banished from the coffee shop for making so much noise or being drunk and disorderly. Have a great time

Ceejay - Don't think I could be Pres or Vice Pres over there. Not being born in the country appears to be a good enough reason over there. Damned if I know what we would do with that rule over here or in New Zealand, since there are so many people in Parliament who have Aust or NZ citizenship but were not born here or there.

Mel - as before, no ramp needed, just bring yourself, bumper bars and an ejection seat to get you over the gate in case I am not here when you arrive.

Happy - Good to know you are somewhat enjoying the job. It will certainly get you out of the house and away from those boxes. Still as always there is the catch up to do when you get home. So pleased to hear good news for your Mum. She may yet outlive us. Hope it improves her quality of life greatly and you need to work on getting her into a smaller place -easier to maintain and secure than her present place. Good luck with that. I've been trying to remember how my cousin got her mother to move from the draughtly old barn of a place to a relatively new town unit - boy now there was stubborn personified. If I figure it out, I will let you know.

Hellos to Ellen, Turtle and Patty. Ellen is probably running for her life and kids as usual and the turtle withdrawn to her shell, but where is Patty?

Okay, dawn is breaking over here. Need to get on with the day.
    DS2 has run into the dreaded asbestos in his reno of the rental house. He and g/f are dolled up like white ghosts with facemasks and on the way out again. He's come to borrow my old hose and my old vaccuum cleaner - neither of which I will get back since they may be carrying dust. He is armed with a huge stack of thick black plastic bags and tape to seal them, she is armed with the hose attachments and the hose for spraying him and the asbestos bits down. All we need now is Mike Holmes to do an inspection. Bring him on.

I have run out of coffee bags and need to buy another tarp for the remaining gravel so I had better go and get on with my day. Part way through a purge in my wardrobe. I can do some more of that before the shops open. The cat appears to be considering a move to the other bedroom since she might get tossed with the clothes in mine. I'm coming back as a spoilt madam cat in my next life.
  • And Mel sneaked in on me. I might have known she was there.