Steel Magnolias #25

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning, ladies! It was a chilly 58 degrees when I got up this morning so a nice cool day in store for us today just in the low 70s.

This is from the Hungry Girl daily email.
    *New info is here on what works best for weight loss and weight management in postmenopausal women. A recent study compared the effectiveness of different weight-loss methods in the short term and long term. While limiting desserts, restaurant dining, sugar-sweetened drinks, and fried foods helped with short-term success, only the reductions of desserts and sugary beverages were associated with long-term success. Habits that didn't show up as effective until the long-term results were evaluated? Eating more fruits and veggies and less meat and cheese. Veeeeery interesting! ***

Makes me glad I learned to desserts only 2-3 times a month. I would have posted the whole article but when I clicked on it is a medical jargon research paper. You can click on click here above and read it if you want. It did say that learning to eat more fruits and vegetables did contribute to long term maintenance. Sugar just isn't good for anyone and artifical sweeteners are suspect too. I've switched to Stevia for the most part.

Faye, the points will depend on what cake mix you use. There are low sugar and sugar free and even gluten free mixes available and then different flavors have different calories and so do different brands. Won't be long until that cruise now! I had my whole interior painted white because it was too dark. I'm going to add some color again but it will be very light. I got rid of curtains and drapes long ago because they catch dust and affect my asthma. I do have valances and plantation blinds.

Hello Jean and Maggie.

Have a great day!

• Closed For Business

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Please go the new thread to post. See you there.