New to community

• Hello all,

I have been struggling with my weight for the past 8 years. I am no longer obese but I am still overweight. Over the next year I would like to lose another 30 pounds. Ive made a lot of progress gradually but still have a long way to go!
  • I'm also new! I'm trying to understand how the site works...is everyone on a specific diet or any? I'm starting Atkins and am looking for support
  • ditto on the n00b thing... just been lurking around and reading
  • I am also new.... i weigh the most i ever have at 397 i have two kids 5 years and 6 months i work full time and its hectic! Want to do weight watchers have had results from that in the past...thoughts suggestions ideas??
  • New here also
    Hello, I just found this site today. I'm kind of feeling my way around yet.
    I'm still deciding if I want to set a certain number for a goal, or if I want to lose until I feel healthy and comfortable.

I'm retired and buy most of my groceries for the month when I get my retirement and Soc Sec checks. I love most vegetables, ..... except lettuce. I don't mind having it on a sandwich but I have had so many salads in my life that I just cannot stand them anymore.
    Instead, I sometimes steam broccoli, carrots, cauliflower etc and set them in the fridge, then use them cold with low fat dressing on them.

I'm also a diabetic and recently lab tests showed high triglycerides. Tried Niacin at Drs suggestion and had extreme flushing, all over my body so I wont try that anymore. Any suggestions? I thought I might try Red Yeast Rice.

Good luck to all. ..... Carbie
  • Well, Hello to all the newbies... Welcome to 3FC..
  • to all of you newbies
  • I'm new, as well. I've been inspired by all the posts I've read for months now, and finally feel ready to join and be able to comment and get encouragement along the way!
  • Welcome all I'm sure you'll find this as a great utility on your path to weightloss! I've been a long time lurker and decided to join last month. I absolutely love it!
  • Congratulations