When is soy flour allowed?

• I am just wondering at what stage can we use soy flour? I was thinking it was legal since tofu is legal but I am having trouble finding info on it. Does anyone know? I made some pumpkin flax cookies (from my own recipe) last night and ended up adding a little soy flour to balance everything out, I'll be freezing most of them because 1-2 cookies and my belly is full! I decided to make them since school starts monday and they will be a grab and go snack for school days.
  • Soy flour would not be permitted until Rung 6 of OWL since soy beans are a legume.
  • Oh snapperdoodle. I shoulda known!! Welp, good thing I can freeze the majority of the cookies for later! Thanks jerseygirl.
  • Quote: Oh snapperdoodle. I shoulda known!! Welp, good thing I can freeze the majority of the cookies for later! Thanks jerseygirl.
    How about trying almond flour? Almonds are nuts, and are on rung 3
  • I am still on rung 2 and thought I was being good lol. I will definitely be loving some almond meal/flour when I get to rung 3. I should have left out the soy and used extra flax and protein powder. Oh well, I am going to use press and seal to freeze them individually for when I am ready. My family ate some of them Thanks serenity.
  • I'm on rung 4 right now. I made almond flour cupcakes and a coconut flour red velvet cake recently. Yummy.
  • Quote: I'm on rung 4 right now. I made almond flour cupcakes and a coconut flour red velvet cake recently. Yummy.
    I couldn't trust myself with that stuff, I'd eat the entire batch. Sad but true.
  • Kierra-those sound yummy! Mind sharing the recipe?