A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 5 of 19
Go to
  • Kandie
    I use Sara Lee 45 calories & Delightful 100% whole wheat bread. It has 5 grams carbs in 1 slice. I keep it in the freezer and take out one slice at a time so the loaf lasts a long time.

I also use Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, it has no sugar only peanuts and salt, so I can have peanut butter on my slice of bread because I don't have to count carbs for this particular peanut butter.
    Maybe when your jar is gone, you can get a different kind

Jab Yes! the cauliflower crust pizza is wonderful, although some what time consuming squeezing out the water. You WILL enjoy it.
    I use 1 TBSP of Ragu pizza sauce since it doesn't have sugar added. That is about....1 gram?? carbs?? I can't remember, but since the pizza is neutral(as long as you add neutral toppings), you could add some sauce and count the carbs.
  • That is what I got, the Sara Lee 45 calories & Delightful 100% whole wheat bread.

I made my hubby half a sandwich from it for his drive home from work. The poor guy thinks I am starving him, but he ate a good breakfast this morning with just the carb cutter tortilla a couple eggs, ham, cheese and green chile. For lunch he has a tomato stuffed with Chicken salad (3 carbs) some sugar free jello and some cheese sticks.

I had a small bowl of cherrios and the left over ham and went back to bed LOL. I am going to have a grilled cheese sandwich with pepperoni in it with the tortilla.

We did have a little mishap yesterday, which is ok, we will just start from today. We had some Chinese yesterday and just had chicken and a lean steak with no fat, however we were afraid that because of the sauces they would have carbs. So we called lunch a wash and started again with Breakfast. So we will start officially today.
  • Sounds like you are doing a great job ! If your DH thinks he is being starved, maybe give him an extra serving of the foods on the yes list....like for his half sandwich, use extra meat and cheese inside, for example. Those men do need more food than we do usually. Then give him a side of some other yes foods, like celery with LF cream cheese. or cucumber slices or something for munching if he likes it. I don't like alot of veggies, so I can relate if he isn't happy with what I just suggested

Or along with the "normal" sandwich, you can make a lettuce wrap one...use a large lettuce leaf, spread with LF mayo, add the meat, cheese and even long and thin tomato slices and roll up... low carb sandwich for extra protein he might need
  • Just remembered something we like here

tortilla, spread with cream cheese, add the green onions if you like those, layer thin sliced LF meats and cheese, roll up and eat, or slice for a pinwheel look.
  • The lunch he has is a pretty beefy tomato and I gave him some cheese sticks and I told him he could continue to eat his sunflower seeds. He will be ok, His BS is dropping into normal levels and he is a little extra cranky.

He sure saw the effect of the Chinese we had yesterday though his BS jumped up from 120 to 170 this morning. So we know that was a bad move.
  • Kandie glad you can see your husbands blood sugar responding to a new eating plan. That is great! I understand "cranky" when dealing with blood sugar issues.....I have been cranky too when I have to wait to eat. I fix food for the family and then for me. One of my boys said "watch out, mom hasn't eaten yet!" lol ! yep, I understand cranky

Dee That is great you are starting again. I am glad our group is enlarging, kind of a funny title to the thread, but it works for ME!

I wondered about changes, because someone here reported reading there were some allowed fruits on phase 1. That was a couple pages ago, but she had read it on the Miricleville forum, so I expected it was correct. Maybe not? I didn't add any of those in yet, but was wondering.
  • Someone ate my lunch at work today. Not all of it but they ate half the cheese, half the cherry tomatoes and then moved the turkey slices from the bottom to the top ...probably as they rifled through my little lunch container.

So I threw the rest out and did without. I am very upset, not to mention I was starving by the time I got home .
  • Yeah, glad to see a group getting active. Aunt Nelly you may wish to check the bread next time you buy it, it went up in carbs, now believe it or not the honey wheat in the same brand is 5 carbs for 1 slice.

Yes you can have fruit or anything you want as long as it fits the 5 carbs or less. Ice cream a nice taste, blueberries 1/4 cup etc you just have to decide how to spend your 5 I have 2 Hershey's kisses for a choc jones, but buy in very small amounts and freeze.
    I am sure it is preferable to have a slow carb, but hey life is short! Been easing into it today, lots going on tomorrow too. I want to have a day to cook up a quiche, muffins and get my groc together but that may not happen so will do the best I can.
    jab,who the **** eats someones lunch???? Moochers, can't stand them. I am sure if they would have asked you probably would have shared, geez I don't get folks anymore.

You guys should really join the site for at least a month it is not that much and you will be in the loop, lots of good info there.
  • Oh no that is terrible! I would have gone down to the closest store and picked up some goldfish crackers, or something jsut to get your 5x5 in!

For Lunch I had my tortilla with cheese and pepperoni. Then for my dinner I had a slice of bread with the crusts cut off, cheese and pepperoni on top toasted. Oh it was SO yummy! Now I am having a nice grilled Pork Chop to round off my meal.

I am finding this pretty easy with the Yes List and the freedom to snack on things on the yes list (That aren't marked with a * ) Though I am having a hard time with 64 ounces of water, my goodness I would drown! I usually end up with 30-40 ounces. Unless you include the bottle of water I have for drinking through out the night. But that would only bring it up to 56. Someone once told me to count the Ice I put in my drinks too. Not sure how that works.. So maybe I do get 64 ounces of water in if you add up all the ice and water I drink in a 24 hour period.

No results yet on the blood work. UGH I hate waiting!
  • I would join, but I don't do Pay Pal.
  • Yes, I actually do have the "honey wheat" which is 5 grams a slice.

That is awful someone would eat your lunch?? OH who would be so mean? Especially since it was so healthy!

I guess there are low and high impact carbs, I need to go back and re-read some of the book, but maybe that doesn't come into effect until Step 2.

I have a hard time with water too, but I started adding that water flavoring stuff, and it helps alot. I don't do the name brand, but a store brand from walmart:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Valu...62-oz/19802860

Pay Pal has always worked fine for me, sorry you have had issues. I would join if we were not scraping the bottom right now. I did buy 2 of the lists for $3 each a month apart, and I bought the book. Quite the splurge of spending ...not really, but being self employed has low and high times of income.
  • Quote: I would join, but I don't do Pay Pal.
    Sorry, did not realize it was the only way to join. I hated to do it at first thought it was more about money. But I have to admit it has clarified many of the finer points of the program and watching some of the videos have really helped understand why the timing and fat loss and A1C and how they all relate. I am a nurse and did not get all that info in school! Not to mention the great ideas others on the plan have added for foods and recipes. Now that I am pre diabetic lots to learn.
  • Well I am taking 2 separate lunches today. One that will go in my tiny locker and be safe, and one that will be in the refrigerator in the breakroom. The one in the breakroom will be for that special someone.

I used gentian violet to lace some brownies, therefore if someone gets into my fake lunch they will be dyed purple. The brownies bites are on plastic wrap on top of the tomatoes and cheese. So if they just want tomatoes or cheese they will have to move the brownies to get to them. I have a list of suspects and I will be checking fingertips and lips during the day.

Management did offer to give me a voucher to go to the cafe, like I am going to find something in deep fry heaven I can eat. I am really ticked off. The dept I work in is understaffed and over worked. I don't get to take my 15 min breaks I only get my lunch to sit down and eat something. My "snacks" have to be something that will fit in my pocket and hide , therefore it is an extra small baggie of nuts which trust me didn't go far for 2 snacks and lunch yesterday.

Not to mention it makes me wonder how long someone has been partaking of my lunch and I did not realize it. I imagine dirty fingers touching my food and who knows what germs have been crawling around in my food container. This person didn't just pick off the top they re-arranged the bowl as they dug around in there.
  • Quote: Well I am taking 2 separate lunches today. One that will go in my tiny locker and be safe, and one that will be in the refrigerator in the breakroom. The one in the breakroom will be for that special someone.

I used gentian violet to lace some brownies, therefore if someone gets into my fake lunch they will be dyed purple. The brownies bites are on plastic wrap on top of the tomatoes and cheese. So if they just want tomatoes or cheese they will have to move the brownies to get to them. I have a list of suspects and I will be checking fingertips and lips during the day.

Management did offer to give me a voucher to go to the cafe, like I am going to find something in deep fry heaven I can eat. I am really ticked off. The dept I work in is understaffed and over worked. I don't get to take my 15 min breaks I only get my lunch to sit down and eat something. My "snacks" have to be something that will fit in my pocket and hide , therefore it is an extra small baggie of nuts which trust me didn't go far for 2 snacks and lunch yesterday.

Not to mention it makes me wonder how long someone has been partaking of my lunch and I did not realize it. I imagine dirty fingers touching my food and who knows what germs have been crawling around in my food container. This person didn't just pick off the top they re-arranged the bowl as they dug around in there.
    Love it, hope you catch the thief!
  • Wow you go girl!

This is my official Day 2. Let's see how it goes.

So for Breakfast I am having 2 eggs, a green chile and half a slice of bread with 1 tsp of preserves. I realized that I could have gone for the whole piece with out the crust and the tsp of preserves as the tsp is only 1 carb!

Ah well I already ate my half. 1 tsp was a pretty good amount of jelly too.

Not sure what I am doing for lunch yet.. I might be out with a friend. so I may grab my 16 pieces of goldfish and eat something yes list for lunch.

I hope you all don't mind my daily check ins. You don't have to respond, just keeping me accountable and moving along.

Edited to add:

My fasting BS today is 82! Down 11 points. Hubbies was the lowest it has been at 117 last evening. He is taking medication though, but I hope we can get it into the normal range with the help of the medication and perhaps his Dr. will take him off it all and see if this diet will help him, or at least have one medication to take, not 4.