A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 3 of 19
Go to
  • No Smith's or Kroger's in my area. I will see if Wal-Mart has anything. I think I read Dannon just recently came out with a low carb yogurt.

I found a recipe on the website for making pasta using soy flour. I also copy/pasted this::

Soy flour has now been declared 'neutral' by Diane

I read it in one of the postings that soy flour is neutral if the soy flour that you bought has less than 5g of carb per 1/4 cup. I thought that was interesting. Most of the posts seem to favor almond over soy for baking.

I did notice my work pants seemed a little looser this morning around the waist, which even if it is all in my head it still made me feel good..lol. I am trying to avoid getting on the scale. I don't want to fixate on a number and get down or discouraged because I think it should be more of a loss..I think most of us have been there before .
  • Hi Dee, welcome to the discussion
  • WELCOME! Dee!
    So glad some are joining here. I had hoped to find a place to talk about this diet and share things.

Right now I don't have to funds to join miricleville, which is unfortunate since that is the only place she does updates...

Quote: The Ole tortillas are not to be used as the label is not correct.
    How can a person know that the label is not correct? Just wondering since in the MM book she constantly tells us to read the back label......hmmmm I did and it is 5 grams when calculated by the formula she uses.

gotta run for now, it is fun having others on the diet with me.
    I am on the end of week 6 of Step 1
  • I found the Ole information on line which is the same as on the back of the package
    Total carbs 14 - fiber 9 = 5 grams carb

This is actually acceptable for a 5x5 carb, so there may be other Ole tortillas that are not acceptable, but this one is, and it is good.

see the info here:
    http://www.olemexicanfoods.com/high-...-carb-8-wraps/
  • Quote: I found the Ole information on line which is the same as on the back of the package
    Total carbs 14 - fiber 9 = 5 grams carb

This is actually acceptable for a 5x5 carb, so there may be other Ole tortillas that are not acceptable, but this one is, and it is good.

see the info here:
    http://www.olemexicanfoods.com/high-...-carb-8-wraps/
    That is what we were using and she said the nutrition info is incorrect, and they had a court case about it. Supposed to be right now but she doesn't trust them. Hey if they don't slow you down or spike you go for it as they are cheap at sams and they ones she says we can use are pricey..
    Thanks for the welcome, I was here for a while on WW but too many carbs. i am starting back on mon so sitting here with a box of raspberries mmmmm.

Interesting on the soy flour, i don't like soy anything I wonder how fish would be baked with it as a coating?
  • Ok so I want to understand something here.

So we have the 5x5, that I understand.

What about snacks between the 5x5. Is that anything on the yes list? I just wonder because Sunflower seeds have carbs as do most nuts.
  • Well no yogurt in my shopping today, no almond flour. I did get flax and I did buy some dry roasted edamame which are neutral, I checked the website when I got home. I got some Torani sf flavoring too.

Like an idiot I bought the low carb La Banderita tortillas and while the pkg info seems legal I did double check on the website and Diane says NO NO NO. I , of course, see now it is in the topics here too...lol.

"It's questionable because the ingredients don't match nutrition facts. A low carb wrap doesn't have whole wheat flour as ingredient #1"

I guess they won't be a total loss my parrot will eat them if I can't The Mission tortillas were there as well but they were twice the price. So I guess atleast I didn't eat them yet.

Had lunch out with a friend and had an awesome salad with grilled chicken. I didn't wish I was eating her big burger and onion rings even though they looked very good. So I thought that was a good sign craving wise.
  • Sunflower seeds are a neutral.

You don't have to count carbs of foods on the "approved yes" list unless they are ** starred ** . Starred items need to be counted in the 5x5 allowance
  • Quote: That is what we were using and she said the nutrition info is incorrect, and they had a court case about it. Supposed to be right now but she doesn't trust them. Hey if they don't slow you down or spike you go for it as they are cheap at sams and they ones she says we can use are pricey..
    Thanks for the welcome, I was here for a while on WW but too many carbs. i am starting back on mon so sitting here with a box of raspberries mmmmm.

Interesting on the soy flour, i don't like soy anything I wonder how fish would be baked with it as a coating?
    I see many folks apparently are recommending crushed pork rinds for coating fish and chicken. I've never tried it but while it sounds odd, it sounds more appetizing than soy flour...lol
  • this morning we had Crustless miracle quiche it was good

And for lunch we are having low carb totrilla grilled cheese with pepperoni and Cauliflower. I sauted the cauliflower in salt, pepper, olive oil and Garlic.

Delish.

My husband thinks I am starving him but I wasn't really hungry at all between breakfast and lunch.

oh one more question. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.. What about Beef Jerky? I LOVE beef Jerky and make it with as little fat as possible. since it is just beef and salt I would imagine it would be ok.
  • I checked on MM website and jerky is neutral for step 1 if the ingredients are safe... no sugar, honey , brown sugar. So your homemade should be fine.
  • SWEET Awesome. That makes things so much better!

Thanks for checking that out.

I will have an update on my blood tests on Monday.
  • Your welcome Kandie!

I'm going to mix fresh avocado with tuna and a little mayo today and see what I think . It is raved about on the other board so I will try.

I'm pretty neutral on avocados myself, typically I can take them or leave them. Although I bought a couple shopping yesterday because there were raves about avocado fries, rolled in crushed pork rinds. I didn't get the pork rinds...lol.

Hope everyone has a great day OP
  • Quote: Like an idiot I bought the low carb La Banderita tortillas and while the pkg info seems legal I did double check on the website and Diane says NO NO NO. I , of course, see now it is in the topics here too...lol.

"It's questionable because the ingredients don't match nutrition facts. A low carb wrap doesn't have whole wheat flour as ingredient #1"
    I guess I am not going to stress over the tortilla thing. I have been blissfully eating a low-carb tortilla as recommended in the book. She did NOT say "look at the label, subtract fiber from carbs, BUT if there is whole wheat listed first in the ingred. list, then doubt that they are telling the truth and buy something else"

I DID however, find alot of web sites with the Ole tortilla nutrition info that was different than what was on package and on the Ole official web site for the tortillas I bought, so I do expect they have changed it which would lend itself to the fact that Diane is correct in something about that, although, to continue to doubt them after they changed it? who knows? . Diane undoubtedly knows way more than me about this, but since she refuses to offer diet changes to the public for free(which she could easily do apart from her paid forum), I have reason to doubt she is more interested in helping people than making money.... So I will be simple about following her book.

I have been fine eating these Ole tortillas and I'm not going to sweat it I have been eating them for about 3 weeks and I am going to keep eating my tortillas, and if I want to make a change, I will do it next time I purchase some.

I think you should go ahead and eat your tortillas you bought or at very least, cut off a portion, like a 1/6 or something before eating, if Diane says NO, then she should also say how many carbs that they have so you can reduce the serving size to make them acceptable, which she can't do since she doesn't have amounts of ingreds only what the ingreds are, she can't know for certain what the nutrition information is.

I do have the La Tortialla ones and I looked at the ingred list and it does start with Oat Flour, but the next ingred is whole wheat flour, but I don't like the taste of them and I have to cut off 1/6 since they have 6 grams of carbs.

I have one other brand I had been using, and I only got the Ole ones when they were out one week and I liked them better so got them again even when the others were there. They are a local company Mama Lupes, so you all won't see those I'm sure, but they are smaller and have just 4 grams carbs. I will probably go back to those after these are gone. just to be on the safe side
  • Quote: Ok so I want to understand something here.

So we have the 5x5, that I understand.

What about snacks between the 5x5. Is that anything on the yes list? I just wonder because Sunflower seeds have carbs as do most nuts.
    The way it works is you can have the 5 grams of carbs every 5 hours. If you want to eat them with your meals, they have to be 5 hours apart, if your meals are not 5 hours apart, then you just count the hours between carbs that you eat.

Any time 5 hours has not gone by, you can not have carbs, whether for a snack or a meal. You can skip having them at any time and have them farther apart if you want so it falls at meal time. (this is for Step 1 only)

In between, you can have anything on the Yes lists...as Jab said (and I'm repeating what she said here) If it is starred in the book, you have to count the carbs....and no closer than 5 hours for starred items as a 5x5 carb food.