A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 15 of 19
Go to
  • Welcome Ally! I have to find the list of "symptoms" of the metabolism B which this diet address. I'll post them here since I can copy and paste them from a place I typed them in before.

If this IS you, do try and do it. Really, I have NEVER felt like I do now. I eat, and then I am satisfied. I am supposed to have a snack, and I"m like "hmmm... not hungry" It really does change things. The small amount of carbs we get on Step 1, will not cause cravings.

I WAS on Step 2, Diane told me to go back on Step 1 to "clean up" ... I don't have time to work on Step 2 this week, so will continue on Step 1 a bit longer. I am loosing and I hate to move on when things are going better.

Gotta run right now, will post the list and Ally, look at this list carefully and see if this diet might help you! We welcome you and trying won't hurt, we will help you!
  • I have been working a heck of a temp job. 9-10 hour days up at 5:3oam and down at 10:00pm

Needless to say I am fully off the wagon and it's about 50 miles up the road by now. -sigh-

I am gonna try and get my rear end caught up with the wagon and get back on.
  • Quote: I have been working a heck of a temp job. 9-10 hour days up at 5:3oam and down at 10:00pm

Needless to say I am fully off the wagon and it's about 50 miles up the road by now. -sigh-

I am gonna try and get my rear end caught up with the wagon and get back on.
    Best of luck ksquared, it is hard when life gets so crazy. All you can do is the best you can. I have written to Diane on several occasions about my hubby's weird schedule and food on ship, she thinks you can do this where ever you are. Not true, so just do the best you can. Congrats on the temp job!
  • Thanks,

It has been pretty crazy.
  • Hi Guys,
    So I am starting the diet today. I had a low carb wrap with peanut butter for breakfast. I tried to find low carb bread at the grocery store last night. I could not find anything as low as 5 carbs a slice. So I went online. There was a site called Julian bakery that actually had a no carb bread for 7.99 a loaf,. Has any of you tried that? or do any of you know of a brand of bread that is good?
    - Thanks
  • Wonderbread has the Smart Bread it's 5 carbs a slice (After you take away the dietary Fiber)

Sara Lee has the Healthy bread as well that is 5 carbs. a slice.

There are some tortillas that are 5 carbs as well.

Good Luck
  • good for you Ally, yes, I use the Sara Lee as well, just subract the total carbs for 1 slice minus the fiber, and there is one that is 5 carb....
    I have never tried that bread, but sounds expensive.

Been really busy here, stayed on Step 1 this week because I didn't have time to move to Step 2 with a plan. So I'll work on that for maybe the first of November.

However, things are going better now that I am walking mostly 30 mins 5 days a week, and cut out nuts, (just way too many calories, I over eat them)... I have dropped a few more pounds past where I started gaining near the end of Step 1 last time.
  • Hi Ally, welcome some of the Julians labeling is not true as far as carbs and also goes for Josphes Lavash, Ole mexican wraps and a couple of others. As the others have said they are in the grocery store you just have to hunt sometimes. Glad you are giving this whirl. The Mission carb balance ones walmart usually has along with Merita and Sara lee breads if you have one close.

Nelly, I think I have the same problem I am not losing as much as the charts say but also not exercising much either. Health problems are getting in my way. I had been riding my bike and kind of got off the wagon with that too. I am doing much more around the house. So who knows. I quit buying cashews because I would not eat just a handful, well I did several times a day! Hubby and me are just gong to stay in step 1 for a while longer as he is getting the hang of it. I hope it will be easier for him to move up when he understands it but he still won't read the book, grrrrrrr.
  • I am on Step 1 now until I can get a plan for Step 2. I am thinking first of November I might make the switch.

As far as meals away from home, that would be tough. I wonder if canned tuna and chicken with mayo might work? It has to be a chore. So many items that are easy to eat when not at home are carbs.

I take a muffin (made from a MM recipe) or nuts. Celery and cream cheese is good if one likes celery, which I do not.

As far as you husband reading the book.....well make it easy for him. Just copy a few key pages, like the arrow charts and maybe a list she has in there of the "rules" for the step you are on, and give them to him. Guys are more likely to stick to the over all "head lines" and don't care so much about the details.
  • Yeah, I have done all of that he say's he still doesn't understand. I think it is more does not want to understand. then he says he gets it and goes and eats half a big sams can of nuts Or has a beer with 16 carbs.
    Oh well, got to worry about me. What did Diane tell you that may be of help to lose more weight? I am trying to keep fats down but find I am eating more of the higher end carbs even though they are neutral. not sure what else to do but exercise more. Glad you are doing well.
  • When I gave Diane my information, she said that exercise was 1/2 the diet. So if you aren't you aren't doing 1/2 the plan. Really what she expects isn't alot and is doable. 30 mins and not even every day only 5 a week, and if you read the book, it can be most anything, from cleaning to walking to gardening.

Fats was a big one for me, and if you are consistently eating more than 5 grams of carbs at a time, you aren't going to benefit from what the diet is trying to do, change your Met. B. She told me to go back on Step 1 because the tortillas I had been eating were too many carbs and that messed up my Step 1 just enough it didn't work.

When you say "higher end carbs" what do you mean?
  • Using vegs from the list but more brussel sprouts, spag squash cheese on salads full fat blue cheese. Nothing that really is not on plan but tend to higher carb counts if they were being counted. You know like having a salad and not having to count the lettuce,tom,etc individually.

My exercise is small amount as they are trying to determine where I am bleeding inside. They know small bowel, just not what or where and I am anemic from that. So I do what i can without wearing myself out and under a lot of stress trying to find out what is going on. So maybe all of that is slowing me.I am in the 3-5 range and have lost 4 so maybe doing ok. I don't have many counters at all.

Glad you are getting the right advice and moving forward.
  • I've been down and out with a bout of diverticulitis It has been months since I had an episode so I was depressed that it would start again. On antibiotics and meds and am starting to feel a bit better. Haven't missed any work thankfully, and it is not as bad as my last bout earlier in the year, but I am now completely off plan.

I got the big lecture about nuts and seeds but personally I feel that is an old school theory. I have a family history and my brother had to have a bag last year after being in ICU for almost 2 weeks with his diverticulitis, I can't let mine get that bad. Thankfully my doctor keeps me supplied with prescriptions to deal with attacks.

Anyway until I am "normal" again I won't be following any plan to the letter.

Hope everyone is well and have a GREAT day !!
  • Quote: I've been down and out with a bout of diverticulitis It has been months since I had an episode so I was depressed that it would start again. On antibiotics and meds and am starting to feel a bit better. Haven't missed any work thankfully, and it is not as bad as my last bout earlier in the year, but I am now completely off plan.

I got the big lecture about nuts and seeds but personally I feel that is an old school theory. I have a family history and my brother had to have a bag last year after being in ICU for almost 2 weeks with his diverticulitis, I can't let mine get that bad. Thankfully my doctor keeps me supplied with prescriptions to deal with attacks.

Anyway until I am "normal" again I won't be following any plan to the letter.

Hope everyone is well and have a GREAT day !!
    So sorry Jab, been there too and had a bowel resection due to it. i agree the nuts and seeds are old school but I guess they are more prone to get into the little sacs and infect. Take care of your health first I am in the same boat, had another CT yesterday fro bowel issues. So off plan too but trying as much as i can. Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • I'm sorry for both of you. That can't make things any easier for you all.

Do the best you can with what you can, I don't know anything about seeds and nuts, but I would guess if they seem to make a difference then cut back on them.

I haven't had much time to do much, still coasting on Step 1 and needing to move on to Step 2 but need to get a plan together first. Gotta run!

Keep us posted on your tests, Dee. Hope they figure it all out soon!