New here! Going from Ideal Protein to Atkins

• Hello everyone!

I've lost about 30lbs on Ideal Protein, but am finding now that I'm in maintenance I'm having a hard time actually maintaining. I think its due to not enough fat in the diet, so I'm going to try Atkins.

Has anyone else gone from maintenance in IP to Atkins? If so, what phase do you use? I'd like to lose another 10lbs, so I see the OWL is recommended, but I haven't ever had that much fat so I wanted to see what others recommend.
  • Have you read the ATkins book? Are you still in ketosis from IP? Since you're within 10 pounds of goal I would think that you would start in Pre-maintenance but since you never worked through the carb ladder maybe work through the carb ladder for 5 pounds then go into pre-maintenance? Jerseygirl might have some better advice.
  • Quote: Have you read the ATkins book? Are you still in ketosis from IP? Since you're within 10 pounds of goal I would think that you would start in Pre-maintenance but since you never worked through the carb ladder maybe work through the carb ladder for 5 pounds then go into pre-maintenance? Jerseygirl might have some better advice.
    I have not ready the book yet, but plan on it. We're going out of town tomorrow and I'm planning on picking it up on our way out.

I guess I should start by figuring out how many carbs I'm currently consuming and then I can see where to start on Atkins.

I'm on a re-start after a two day bad eating, so I'm not in kitosis.
  • Hm, since you had some carby foods starting on induction may help but I am not really sure. I hope you find the answer in the book