Fun with Veggie Purees!

You're on Page 10 of 15
Go to
  • I just made the Braised Celery, Mushroom, & Garlic Puree to use as a gravy. I added fresh sage and rosemary to it, and it is wonderful. Thanks, Liz!
  • Omg, finally something I can incorporate the veggies into my day. I too was getting sick and tired of them and I'm only on my 2nd week. Will definitely try this one out. Thanks!
  • Bump! We have to make sure everyone sees this thread!! I just discovered it today. Thanks LizzRR!
  • Agreed Minch! Also, check out FinnSteven's recipes. He doesn't post here now but there are some great recipes. He is on Facebook and there is a link within his recipes.
  • More great recipes Lizr. Thanks.
  • Since reading this thread a couple of hours ago, I went out and purchased the Ninja Pulse at Canadian Tire. They're on for $49.99 from $79.99 for any Canucks out there who are interested.

I immediately came home and made the Spinach Mocha Latte from LizRR's recipe and it's AMAZING! (I'm enjoying it as I type this!)

Thanks so much for introducing me to this! I'm forever indebted!
  • bump!
  • Puree has made all the difference!
    LizRR, thank you so much for this. I have made the cauliflower, celery, and garlic purée and a broccoli, celery, and garlic purée, and I am in love. I made everyone at work taste them, as they are so good to eat plain! One lady told her mom later on the phone about them (she doesn't eat veggies!) and she said it was so good she could drink it with a straw! I put the cauliflower one in the broccoli cheese soup, and I put both in the tomato basil soup. I absolutely love them! And the idea to roast the veggies instead of steam... I'll never steam another vegetable again! Thanks again!
  • Bump!
  • which would be the best puree to use for the chicken ala king packet?
  • Quote: which would be the best puree to use for the chicken ala king packet?
    I'll bet the caulif/celery/garlic one!
  • Thanks RN2b4me!!!!!

Quote: I'll bet the caulif/celery/garlic one!
  • Bumping up for the T-giving holiday!
  • I read all 10 pages of posts this a.m. and promptly made some puree here too! I roasted cauliflower, celery,1 garlic clove and red bell peppers, sooooo fabulous. Thank you LizRR!!! Someone mentioned earlier a recipe book may be in your future, and I agree.

Happy Thanksgiving to you in the USA, enjoy your many blessings this day and always! It is snowing to beat the band at my house, so I will be singing, "it's beginning to look alot like Christmas!" lol
  • I also am so thankful for this post! The purees add so much flavor and variety to this plan. They are so delicious!