100 lb. Club Bios? (Did you know?)

• Did you know that we have bios for our 100 lb. Club members? It's in the "Sticky" area at the top of our forum (or here).

You can learn about your fellow board members or add your own! You can also edit your old ones if things have changed.

I've been going through and reading about you fascinating people!
  • LebenAlles - In the bios I read that you have word tattoos! I am thinking about getting one but I am totally nervous about hating it in ten years!

Does anyone else have word tattoos?
  • Tats
    Hey Goddess Jessica, your hesitation with the tattoo makes sense. It took me a long time to decide on something for my first one...I chose something that was meaningful to me, and made sure it wasn't done for anyone else. The first one is from a quote by the poet Rainer Maria Rilke...it says Leben Alles which means "Living Everything" in german. Basically it was a way to remind myself not to just exist in the world and in life, but to truly live. It's definitely a reminder I think I'll always be greatful to have.

Here's the full Quote:
    Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”

Six years later and I haven't regretted it for a second.