Dark Chocolate?

• Hey ladies (and gents),
    I was curious if anyone around here had any advice on dark chocolate added into diets? I have read several articles that say it helps with weight loss but I've read a few that say it doesn't and it's all a placebo effect. Any ideas, you guys? I was just curious because I got a bar of 90% cocoa as a gift and it's awesome (I can't stand sweets of any kind, really. My vice is salty snacks, anyway. This dark stuff is great). I was hoping there would be some truth to the weight loss claims. Anyway, just curious! Hope you're all having a great Sunday! (Or Monday, depending on where you are.)
  • I prefer dark chocolate too. I don't know that it aids in weight loss, other than to curb cravings because it's so much richer, and a little goes a long way. As long as I have the calories for it, I enjoy it often.
  • you could just eat it as is, a bit a day. I like to keep some in the freezer and have a square every so often. I also recommend grating it down and mixing it with oatmeal or greek yogurt. Yum!
  • This was out of my university. This study very deliberately did not specify the type of chocolate (dark or otherwise).

http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressreleas.../#.UCAtukL_TA4

(Totally being a lurker here! Ha!)
  • I have a bar of dark chocolate in my freezer, it has bits of sea salt in it. I usually take 2 squares and suck on them bit by bit. That way each square lasts longer and you really get the taste. PLUS the sea salt just makes it perfect
  • I keep dark chocolate bars in the freezer. (I buy them when my school sells them). I'll have one block off the bar at a time. It's tasty, and they say it's actually good for you in small amounts!
  • Thanks for all the replies! The sea-salt sounds amazing, I'll have to find some. I keep my bar in the freezer as well, and have a block now and then. I'm glad to hear it's not a terrible mistake, haha.