August chat thread.

You're on Page 10 of 15
Go to
  • Katbot! Welcome back - was vegas a lot of fun? Congrats on no gain... and good luck on the pre-wedding dress weight loss!
  • Hey girls, I'm back from Poland. Oh it was great, absolutely fantastic. The food there was great and I am so happy that I did not gain because their sweets and chocolates were to die for. I think I spent half of my trip admiring buildings and the other half admiring sweets and resisting temptation to eat them.
  • QuietBallerina: I know I am better off without him. But it's kind of like I think of the good things and forget the bad and I am really trying to make and effort to remember the bad, because the bad is why we broke up and the bad is why we aren't together. I'm not afraid of being single. I'm bored, because he was my only friend down here but definitely not afraid lol. Right now, I'm not sure I want children of my own, so I'm not really worried about it lol. Who know what I'll want tomorrow though. Cincinnati is not one for dating either haha.

1yr: Good luck with your flight and the trip! Have fun seeing family!!

KatBot and Serenity: Congrats on the non-gain!! And glad your trips were great! They both sound fun
    ------------

Today, after almost 2 weeks of not checking my weight, I weighed in. I was really nervous about it because I haven't been working out, just doing things to move my grandparents. But I was ready for the damage control! I checked and at first it gave me 244 and I was like wtf?!! (That's a 9 pound drop) and so I rechecked and it gave me 254.5/247/253 So, I am confused. Now, I am off to the gym. I'm really excited to be back to the gym and back to routine!! And to use the real scale! Hope everyone's weeks are starting off great!
  • Hello, Everyone

Im not new to the August chat, not new to 3fc. I do see a few Quiet Ballerina, Katbot24, Hotaruchan , I know form July the last time I was active on the site. Those people may remember mw telling them, I was in the process of moving into a new apartment ( about to vent) which turned a week ordeal in to a entire month of trouble. I was scheduled to move a apartment on the 1st. I was so exicited, because the model apartment was soooo georgeous! Nice floors, countertops, new appliances. Long story short, paid my deposit, rent and all ready to moving AND , the apartment given to me was NOTHING like the model! ANDDDDDD it was infested with roaches. OH H$LL NO! ( excuse my french) but I was highly upset. Needless to say I didnt move in ,requested a full refund . I had to find a new place. Which I did and me and my little one are back into our own place. And NOW Im ready to get back on track!

Before my interuption. I was doing Turbo Fire, which I will continue because ITS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in a downstairs apartment so I dont have to find a place to do the workout without disturbing anyone. As for as my icebox, its looking good, but I do need to add some vegetables. I also still need to buy a new scale.

preetyladyserenity & Katbot24 - YAY for no gain!

namaste984
    - Good luck at the new school. I plan to get my masters in HIT, there is a school here in Shreveport that offers a 100% online progam.
  • 1yr2mkovr I know...but my problem is that so many of the dates are ridiculously bad, which discourages me from dating. I don't want to waste my limited time and money on bad dates (because yes, the guys almost always make me pay for my own food, even when I order a salad). I'd rather stay in and cook a healthy, delicious meal for myself that will give me lunch for 2 days then pick at a "meh" salad with a guy who just isn't into me.

4lbs? Awesome! good luck on your trip. Drink lots of water! Especially when traveling. I think it dehydrates you?

beahawkins: yeah, remembering the bad stuff can be hard.
    That's so weird about your scale. Does it need new batteries? Were you weighing in barefoot? (socks mess it up sometimes). On a level floor?

lisa My jaw dropped when I read the cockroaches part! Ohmygosh that would make me flip out. I am normally a pretty level headed person, but if I walked into that apartment...oh man. That's great that you found a new place!

I joined pinterest! Spent a lot of my 'relaxing' time last night (ok, part of class time too) looking up recipes to try out. Yum! So many things! So very exciting. But then I started getting hungry so I had to stop.
  • Bea: my scale does that to me too, I tend to keep getting on and off until I find a general area that I can assume is where I am.

Lisa: Good to see you back, beb! Looking for new homes sucks, my SIL had a similar experience, the show home was awesome but the one they got stunk of cat pee, that had to live with my MIL for two weeks while the carpet was being ripped up.

QB: I REFUSE to join pintrest because I'm afraid of getting sucked in and/or being tempted to go over-budget on our wedding.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! Wedding news!!

Number 1: my mom told me last night that she has squirreled away $1500 for my dress, I'm overwhelmed since I told her a while ago that I wouldn't take her shopping for it with me and she still saved up money! I told her I was going to take her because I didn't want her to miss out and it wouldn't be the same, even if we end up arguing over the dress. It was only after I told her that that she told me she had saved up the money. Things are on the mend with my folks I think.

Number 2: Our venue is going to be FAR more reasonably priced than I had feared. Our guest number is small, only 75 or so, but the hotel has agreed to give us the biggest ballroom (meant for 300 people) for a fee of only $1200 (plus catering and other charges, but the room itself is only $1200 to rent!) At $45 a plate and another $2k for music the biggest expense of the wedding will only be $7k, which is covered by what our parents from both sides have contributed to us! Attached are some pics of the ballroom.

Number 3: We got "officially" engaged in Las Vegas this past week, we were engaged before but only you ladies on 3FCs and some close friends knew, we didn't want to be official until we had a ring which he could propose with properly. Anyway, we were at the Hard Rock Hotel, so we've decided to stay at the Hard Rock Cancun for our honeymoon. What's awesome about the HRH Cancun is they have a HONEYMOON REGISTRY. That's right, instead of registering for mountains of houseware, we're going to get our guests to help pay for our honeymoon. Guests can choose to pay for part of the room charges, or buy us dinner or buy us a trip to go see something nearby (they do tours to Chichen Itza, we're definitely registering for that). The hotel is all-inclusive, so anything our guests pay, we don't have to. Even if each of the 75 guests give $50 towards our registry, that's $3750 out of the $5600 we'd be looking at for a 10 day stay! Cha-ching. Oh, and for those wondering....I've attached a picture of my new shiney engagement ring.

Sorry for the novel...lots of exciting news to share and this is my first day back at the office so procrastination level is high.

• Katbot

That's so sweet of your mom to save up dress money for you! How exciting. I hope that it all goes well... dress shopping can be stressful. I took too many people the first time I went and it just made it really overwhelming! Choose wisely who is invited.

Thats a great deal for that ballroom! It looks like a gorgeous venue. $45 pp is really great, too! What are they serving? Amazing that all the parents are chipping in to cover that, it's always the most expensive!!

Amaaaazing idea for the honeymoon! I googled the place and it looks like it'll be awesome. Have you two been living together? It's always easier to not have to worry about household stuff on a registry when you've been living together already. ...Getting people to pitch in for the honeymoon is a great idea.

Your ring is really pretty, too. Congrats on "officially" being engaged!!

I could talk about weddings all day.......lol
  • Katie: Yes we've been living together a year now, so we don't really need housewares. And we're serving a buffet which has a whole bunch of bread and cheese and salads, and then 3 entrees: a chicken dish, a vegetarian dish and we're getting a roast beef carving service.
  • Bea I just read about your break-up and I just want to say that if you need to vent just don't hesitate. Men can be so full of surprises (bad and good) so don't get discouraged. Maybe your ex wasn't what you wanted but the next will most probably will be. Also to where weight is regarded, I have noticed that when things are stressing it fluctuates like a yo-yo within minutes. I think this has to do with posture as well when you weigh so maybe when we are nervous we tend to stand heavier.

Katbot Congrats on getting officially engaged. This is so sweet! I have vowed to not allow my mother get involved when I get married. She tends to be the kind of a person that insists on getting things done her way and we both view things differently. I will probably end up with a dress I don't like or with her not talking to me.
  • Lisa: The apartment thing sucks but I'm glad you stuck with it and got a better one. Last year my roommates and I were promised this beautiful townhouse on move in day they switched our address and we had to move because one of the girls was basically homeless and school was starting soon. ugh. The place was horrible.

QuietBallerina: I may sound ridiculous but I really can't believe they make you pay for your dinner. Even when we weren't actually dating he paid for food and just about everything else. Barefoot: yes. Level floor: probably not.. it was resting on a heat vent.

Katbot: the venue and your ring are gorgeous!!
    I'm still confused about my scale. I checked again a little later at my gym but I'm not sure if that was right, because I had already had a water and a granola bar.

Serenity: Thanks, I hope the next one, if it doesn't work, at least I can be smarter about it and see what's going on. I know he doesn't respect me (even though he swears he does, "if I didn't respect you I wouldn't have told you" Thank you very much, Chris. EVERYTHING is clear now. (sarcasm, sorry, it's sometimes hard to read lol) But how can I expect someone to respect me when I don't respect myself? sigh. Weigh in's are crazy though!!
    ----------------

In order to catch up on my missed work outs I did 3x my normal cardio. I am exhausted but I feel so good. And I started my new thyroid hormone today so along with my phentermine I should be losing like a normal person! So so very excited!
  • Kat- Ooh congrats! Hope to see pictures of your ring if you haven't posted them already. Congratulations on the $1500 and the inexpensive venues, that's always good when you get more than you pay for.

Lisa- Roaches??? Ewww I would have freaked out. I am not a fan of bugs in general but I especially hate roaches. Glad you found a new place and you're safely moved in.

Bea- Glad you're catching up on the workouts! I did some working out today after taking a day off for the first day of school. It sure did feel good!

----
    Well, I have settled into the routine of school. For the most part, anyhoo. Getting up at 5:30 to get ready for my class on Mondays and Wednesdays is a pain and a half, but I'm making it. Still, I took a couple of days off program just so I could eat what was at the cafeteria (which incidentally is all healthy food except for a few things) and actually saw a number other than 221, which has repeated with a few deviations up for the past few days.

The plateaus are so frustrating but I've kind of been stuck in a rut lately so maybe getting out of it for a few days will bring the scale back in order. One thing's for sure though, I want to see the two-teens and beyond someday!

I actually tacked an extra set onto C25K today! I am notoriously bad at keeping track of intervals and by the time I got close to twenty minutes I was ending a minute early. So I added an extra three minutes to the workout and ran the last interval at 3.6 mph, a new record for me. So, it's been an awesome workout day for me! I will do strength training and swimming tomorow.

That's about all for me. Have a great day/evening.
  • bea Just commenting on the whole paying for your food thing... I never had a first date where I didn't share the bill. Hmm sometimes I wonder whether they think I'm a feminist due to strong personality and they are afraid to pay the bill. They do pay the bill on the second date though.

namaste Oh plateaus are the most annoying thing. I just budged from one I was stuck into for 3 months now.

-------

I'm back to work and I'm slightly frustrated. I'm away for 10 days and things just go to the pixies. I have spent the last 2 days fixing people's faults though I had strictly told them just to take notes and let me deal with things when I come back myself. Seriously why do people that have nothing to do with a job stick their nose and ruin everything?

Also I went back to my normal routine exercise today. I felt kind of weird... I wasn't tired but a part of me felt like she was dragging her feet. Another part of me kept nagging me that I wasn't trying enough. I think I kind of sucked today where exercise is involved. I'm totally not happy with myself.
  • howdy
    Hello Everyone!
    I'm new! I'm hoping to lose quite a bit of weight for my cousins wedding the first weekend of December. She and all her bridesmaids (excluding me) are barbies and I cant bear the idea of getting up there with all of those skinny girls in my current state. Hope the rest of everyone's day is spectacular!
  • Kendal- Hope you enjoy the board!

---
    Think I finally broke my plateau. I'll weigh again tomorrow to make sure.
  • Namaste: I'm glad your first day and work out went well!! Yay for plateau breaking!!! And if it is up again tomorrow, at least you were down today so it might just take a couple more days.

Serenity: Lol.. well my dating experiance is VERY limited.. I was off and on dating the same guy for 4 years. (not the same guy from my most recent breakup) and well... the other two: one was the very definition of a TLC's scrub (his Mom made dinner on the first date. and the one day we actually really went out, I paid the bill. that relationship did not last long.) and the other was the most recent. I let him pay for dinner because he reached for it so fast and I drove almost an hour to get there and he makes almost 50k a year and I am a sad little student. (He had had the job for maybe a month at that point and was all about showing off the cash. I miss those times. errrg. I can't think about the fun times. no. man.)
    But I can understand paying for it. My mom online dates A LOT and she normally pays for her dinner.
    That sucks about your job. They probably doubled your work by trying to do it. and it's ok to have an off day now and then especially when you are coming off a break of routine! You'll get back into the swing of it.

Kendal: : ) Welcome!! Do you have any plans on how much you are wanting to lose or how you are going to do it? Good luck!!
    -----------
    It is sad that most of my social time is you guys! only 5 days until school starts!! yay!!!! haha. Saw 252! on the scale today, but it was a different scale than normal so I'm not banking on it. But tomorrow I have a dr's appt. so I will know the one that really counts. Man that's a long post!