Weight Loss Buddies X

You're on Page 14 of 38
Go to
  • Nessa - congrats on your will power and weight loss! I plan on weighing myself this weekend, so I will report what the scale says on Monday. How many days a week do you workout? Ok...crazy question but is your hubby in shape? I notice when the guy is in okshape, they care less about your weight loss battles (ie: making a quick decision). Which I dont get?

Dance - I would just sit back and wait on the salsa classes. You will know as it gets closer if its the right move. Hopefully by then you will be down quite a bit in weight too so maybe it would be beneficial to see him then. I would also not make yourself AS available. IE: give a "we'll see" response instead of a "yea, we can do that". Relationships shouldnt be a chess match but a lot of times, they are. Congrats on your continued loss, keep this as motivation and keep focusing on you.

So, does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? We are doing family photos tonight, tomorrow I have my admissions test for college in January and then its a Walking Dead Marathon the rest of the weekendc lol.
  • Nessa - way to go!!! You're going to nail that thanksgiving goal!

Lindy - good plan on the wait and see. I'm not going to get in touch with him other than to send some photos that I promised to send via email and I'll do that on Sunday (after he starts his drive to California to see his dad). If/when he gets in touch when he gets back, we'll see what happens. You are right - I need to make sure I get busy. I've made a list of guys that I think I could get in touch with on match.com (I don't like showing my profile so I keep it hidden and just write them an email with my info). I need a little more time before I want to go on a date as I'm having a small scar on my chin treated by a plastic surgeon this afternoon and I don't want to go out with a scab on my chin I think I should be healed up by the first week in December. I'm also hoping to be 180 before I go on a date so I feel better about myself.

Going for a run in a bit and then doing a little shopping before my dr's appt. Have a great day ladies!
  • Ok. I have an odd question/statement. And you will find none of my questions are normal!!!lol

but have any of you ladies noticed how easy and awesome it feels to cross your legs once you've lost weight??? Lol i just realized this a few minutes ago......it feels nice for you legs to touch and point towards the floor instead of stright out!!!!! Lol
  • Lindy.... You always give such good advice!!!!! Ur so smart!! Now to your questions...... So far because of being sick i have done 4 days a week but the goal is 5 once the holidays are over! Cause next week i will only be at work 3 days. And my gym is an hour from where i livd. and lord no on the hubby being in shape. He has gainex WELL over 100 pds since we have been married. He had lost a ton after his divorce and kept it off for a few years. He met me at 180 and i honestly dont know what he weighs now but its over 300 i know. He wears a 46 in jeans and thats under his stomach!! So hes just insecure im sure.
  • Lindy - I just reread your post and realized that I blew by your comment about college - wow!!! Tell me more - I'm assuming you'll go part time and keep working, right? What do you want to study?
    Nessa - you are so right - being able to cross your legs attractively is super fun!!
    Burgundy - hope you managed to beat that cold.

Got in a run and a walk today so all is good on the exercise front. Had that thing done at the doctors and now look kind of strange with a huge bandwidth on my chin but it should heal quickly and it's all part of my master plan for major self-improvement so that I can drive the ex crazy with jealousy as well as focusing on me for a change.

Good night girls - have a great weekend!
  • Lindy-you must really be kicking some butt at the gym. Don't hurt yourself. I feel OK now, but I am loading up on vitamins. No fun plans this weekend. I have a turkey to cook on Sunday for church. Gotta find a birthday present for a friend's daughter tomorrow. Get caught up in the walking dead. When you get caught up you should watch the talking dead, its on right after the walking dead. What are you going to college for? I have wanted to go back to school for years but haven't gotten off my butt to do it yet. I really want to go into nursing.

Neesa-you are rocking it in the scale. Glad you are feeling better. I do zumba on the wii. I try to do a full class everyday(didn't happen today). I just go by the calories it says I burn but I dont know if its accurate or not. I really hope it is good job with the food. I did that all weekend, of course we had to eat out so I only at half or less and brought the rest home. Made good lunches this week. Girl, you need to change that ticker.

Dance-youre gonna be 180 by thanksgiving if you keep losing at this rate. Woohoo for no longer being obese! I'm sure the bandage isn't as bad as you think.

Today was kind of a lazy day. I did clean my house a little and rearranged the .living room and dining room. I only did a short class on zumba 2 and a few songs on zumba core. We had a late dinner and I wasn't feeling working out with a full belly.
  • Welp....190.0 on the scales this morning! but i didnt eat bad or anything so.im guessing water weight. But we are going to my family's farm today so i wont be eating much of anything and we are going to see my grandfather who is in the nursing home...... :*( so sad and.it will be an emotional day!

Burgundy- it took me forever to figure out how!! Lol but its done now!!

Lindy- i wish i could force nyself to go back to school!!! What are you going for?

Hope yall have a great saturday!!!
  • I hope yall are having a good weekend!!

I had a very trying day yesterday. My papo was very emotional and kept me crying pretty much the whole 2.5 hours we were there!!! I wish he could go home!

Anyway...... I didnt eat all day long and on the way home the hubbs run thru taco bell. I know horrible fast food!! But i was starving! But i did good. I stayed in my point range so that was good. anway the scales said 189.4 this morning......so maybe i am out of the 190's for good!!

Hope yall have a good rest of the weekend!!!!
  • Good morning chickadees!

Welp, I hopped on the scale this morning and after a bad weekend indeed, I still squeezed in a loss. I am now 187...I'll take it! I am going to College to get my Bachelor's of Science with a minor in sign language interpretation for the government. At least I hope for the government. I would like to keep my pension but this is something I always wanted to do. Well...I always wanted to be a judge but I am not that dedicated in my life right now to pursue that so Ill take baby steps and do my second desire.

I have to thank you girls because I keep seeing the tickers go down and it motivates me to try harder. Since we are all the same weight range and height range I feel inclined to keep up with you. :-) So - THANKS!

Burgundy - what is your weight in day? How did your turkey come out?

Dance - how long do you have to wear the bandage on your chin? Im thinking a week after Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to get out there and date. I did match.com at one time. Didnt really care for it. Then I did Plenty of Fish - OMG, what a joke! Do they have that where you live? I met every loser in Florida on that site, lol. I finally met my guy that I am with now through a mutual friend. The best way to meet people. :-) Good luck on your dating endeavors. Dont let them frustrate you. Some are great, some...not so much. It is just trial and error and it makes you a better person by getting out there and dating a bit.

Nessa - so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :-( I am super close with my grandparents so I know how hard it can be. I'm sure just being there with him was comforting though. Kudos to you for staying in your point range at Taco Bell. Im guessing you are on weight watchers? Are you off this week or a couple days this week with the holiday? Just cruious is you are going to make it to the gym. It might be a struggle for me but I will try to get in 3 days minimum.
  • Quote: Induction is the first 2 weeks of the Atkins diet, it goes is phases....induction, 2, 3, OWL.

Anyway, its the most strict part of the Atkins diet. You cannot go over 20g of carbs a day and it really is mainly protein, lots of eggs, chicken, seafood, and beef. The only carbs one should be eating is from green veggies such as salad and broccoli. Im NEVER hungry so I think this program may be a good fit for me. :-)
    Hi luckylinda,
    I am brand new to this forum and this is my very first post. I did the Atkins diet and was successful. It was restrictive, but simple because you get quickly familiar with how many grams of carbs are in the few things you can eat. I walked everyday for at least 2 miles and began losing a pound a day. I have hypothyroidism so my dr. decided this was not the way to go, because my thyroid level was out of range due to my metabolism pumping too fast. She suggested the Meteranian(sp) diet but I refused and told her that was waaaay too much counting for me. I said I would do a low carb but not an extreme low carb and see how that works for me, but I have yet to begin that program. I was ultimately losing too fast in the induction phase taking in only 20 carbs per day, and sometimes less as I just was not hungry, and I am always wanting snacks, go figure. I think the walking caused the one pound a day loss as well, because you don't have to exercise to lode weight on Atkins. I am going to try just taking in maybe 60 carbs per day and see if my thyroid agrees with me.
  • Morning, ladies!

Nessa - great job on the losses - sounds like you'll make your thanksgiving goal! Sorry about your grandpa - that must be super tough. I just visited mine a few weeks back and it was hard to see him so much older and weaker so I can definitely relate.

Lindy - love the idea of your career plans and am as always totally impressed by your ability to do a million things at once! Congrats on the loss - you may need to update your ticker when you get a chance The bandage thing should only be through the weekend and I imagine I'll be able to cover any remaining pinkness with foundation after that. I was thinking I might start contacting a few people on match late this weekend with the possibly not that realistic goal of trying to meet someone for drinks the weekend of Dec 1st. We'll see if I can pull that off. I got hightlights on saturday and they're pretty awesome - I told my stylist I needed 'dating hair' and she delivered

dimples - welcome!

So, I stayed busy and active all weekend even though I wanted to mope (or call my ex) and I'm going to have a small group of friends over for a holiday happy hour on 12/8 so that should give me a good distraction to plan for. I'm going to make sure no food off my plan stays in my house after the happy hour so my sis may be taking home a lot of leftovers but she'll be cool with that. I'm going for a walk after work with a friend tonight, a run in the morning and then another walk after work tomorrow so I'm trying to keep my exercise level on the high side so that I can bust on through this mini-plateau and get back on a losing streak.

Have a good one!
  • I am looking for a weight lose buddy, any takers?
  • Lindy- congrats on 187!!!! That is so awesome about you going back to school!! I wish i could force myself to go back for my final 16 hours and get my bachelors degree! But i hate school! I also feel ur pain on the dating websites. But that is also where i met my hubby so i cant knock them. I would have met him otherwise. But i met some crazies along the way. Yes i am doing weight watchers. But i have an app on my phone and do it on mybown...and with ya'll'S help too! i just wont pay their monthly costs for membership. I am off thursday-monday. I had planned on hitting the gym all 3 dys this week and then walking the dog the rest of the days.....but i managed to strain my ankle so looks like i will have to do light workout 1-2 days. It seems like i finally get well and then i get hurt! Will it always be an uphill battle?? Lol

Dimples- welcome!

Dancer- i hope i hit my goal.... We shall see. But for whatever reason i saw 192.8 on the scales thia am........ugh so depressing! Lol as i said to lindy... Online dating isnt too bad- that is how i.et my hubby and we have been married for 7 yrs. And are happy. And i would have never met him otherwise. But i met pleanty of odd balls and crazies along the way. 1 even came to kill me one night- thank God i didnt open the door! So just be careful!! And we need pics of ur new hair!!

Rhonda- welcome!!

Well i have been 189 all weekend and done well on food choices etc...... And this morning i saw 192.8..... WTH?????? I did drink a ton of water yesterday......so lets hope its water weight!!!!! Why cant we all just be skinny minis and never have to worry about what we eat or worki.g out?? Lol

how do all of you plan on staying on target for Thabksgiving??
  • Rhonda - welcome! Love your glasses, btw.

Nessa - Isn't the scale a pain? One of the wise women that hang around these boards used to say we use the scale to measure weight loss because it's convenient, not because it's accurate so try not to stress too much and just look at your week over week trend which I know is headed downward. The daily fluctuations can really make you nuts.

To answer your question, I don't get that excited for some reason about thanksgiving foods (not a fan of pie, not that excited about mashed potatoes, etc.) so I'll just have some turkey and vegetables and splurge on a glass of wine and call it good. I'll go for a run that morning and for a walk with the family later in the day so I'll get plenty of exercise. What about you girls?

Got in a great run this morning and did a sprint at the end so I'm still flying on a runner's high - hope it lasts all day.

What are everyone's plans over the holidays?
  • Welcome Dimples and Rhonda! Dimples thanks for the story, it is great motivation. I need to start walking more.

Rhonda - what program are you going to do? And what means of exercise are you comfortable with?

My plans for Thanksgiving are pretty low key - eat, shop and maybe a movie. My goal is to clean the house tonight and tomorrow so I can enjoy my surroundings for the 3 day weekend and not clean. OH....we will also be putting up our Christmas decorations as I resume my second job next week. Not nights though...only weekends and it should be fun because I am on the parade route so I get paid to watch parades. :-)

Im not a huge fan of Thanksgiving but I am of Christmas. My family is fromt he Czech Republic so on Christmas we have a meal more close to our culture. My shortcoming is the sides on Thanksgiving...green bean casserole and stuffing. I can also do without wine with my meals but I do like a soda when I'm "comfort" eating. :-p

Ok, girls, I am trying to do a test online so my time is limited today. Lets do a Thanksgiving weekend challenge. Starting tomorrow, we need to get in a 15 minute walk in any way shape or form possible, at minimum. Whether it be walking stairs, walking in place, walking the dogs....lets burn some calories since we might consume a few extra over the weekend.