Put into perspective...

• I'm in the market for some new jeans and because I'm edging into 14s, I'm considering going back to some of my old favorite places to shop and taking advantage of being able to wear stuff that I couldn't before due to my size. Alloy is what I'm looking at now.

And my weight loss is really being put into perspective. In high school, I was wearing their size 23 (which is equivalent to a size 20 or 22) jeans. Now, I'm hovering between the 15 and the 17. I went from being at the top of the size chart to somewhere in the middle. That's a lot, and really changes my perspective on some things.

Now my problem is whether to order a 15 or a 17, lol. Stupid inbetween measurements!
  • Congrats on your success!!! I know how you feel about the sizing thing - I've gone from a size 20 down to a 10 - we went on a big vacation this past May and I just went crazy buying new clothes (it was actually fun to shop!). Knowing that I still want to lose another 10, maybe 15, I was stuck thinking, "Should I just wait? I might drop another size!"

In the end, I bought a lot because I needed a lot. I had nothing - absolutely nothing - to wear. My husband called my old clothes my "hobo clothes" cause everything just hung on me. No way I was going to the Mediterranean wearing that junk!

When I was ordering online, I tried to stick to stores where they had free returns (like Zappos) or stores where I could locally return things (Nordstrom, Macy's, etc.) because my sizing was so weird.

I honestly had a blast walking into stores and trying on everything. It made me smile from ear-to-ear when a sales person would ask what size they could pull for me and I got to say, "Size 10, please!"

So have fun shopping!! You've earned it!!
  • I say go with the 15s, means you can possibly wear them longer before shrinking out of them
  • I used to be a 24 size.....MAYBE order 17's if you think the 15's will cut into you when you sit down.....that's how I personally judge my pant size--the smaller size SOUNDS so much better to me, BUT sitting for long periods of time in a social setting (for me) can become REALLY uncomfy--I learned this the hard way--But I personally like a little room to breathe-