Do you reward your goals?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • When I reach 25# I treat myself with an Alex & Ani bracelet. They're nice to stack and the single charm bracelets are only $28. They gave nice meanings - the one I bought at 25 pounds is a fleur d'lis. It means a bunch of things including faith in changes, which I thought was very appropriate.
  • Mammoth don't think I didn't have a really REALLY good first cheat day ...and that it wasnt well planned lol I planned it for weeks and the menu kept changing...lol

It just wasn't the thing that kept me focused....I actually tried not to focus on the food at the end of the tunnel until i was closer.....AND....I work harder for girlie things like clothes and jewelry. I hope I didn't offend you, having a well planned first fun day is fair too!
  • What a better reward than to fit in a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller.....
    =)
  • Quote: Mammoth don't think I didn't have a really REALLY good first cheat day ...and that it wasnt well planned lol I planned it for weeks and the menu kept changing...lol

It just wasn't the thing that kept me focused....I actually tried not to focus on the food at the end of the tunnel until i was closer.....AND....I work harder for girlie things like clothes and jewelry. I hope I didn't offend you, having a well planned first fun day is fair too!
    Oh no, you did not offend me at all! I sure don't plan on eating like crazy when I get to goal, and I don;t view food as a "reward"...I just know what I miss and want to treat myself to those flavors and textures again. Food is not my enemy, never has been. I love food! And I am confident enough to know I can have some of those foods and not allow myself to gain back my weight.

I lost 100 pounds on Atkins before switching over to this program, so I have been dieting a VERY long time and under 20g carbs a day for a very long time...well over a year and a half...thats a long time to not have anything I have missed and wanted. My family are Italian, and let me tell you about the food that I am around ALL the time, and I eat none of it...as in nothing. I have plenty of resolve...

But, like I said, just being able to walk six flags amusement park with my grand kids will be the best reward in the world to me.

But I am having that bagel, pizza and rib eye and I can promise you, that won't be changing! haha!
    Cheers!
    Jake
  • I have purchased a new Troll bead for each 5 lbs lost and have them on a seperate strand of a double strand bracelet that I wear everyday to remind me that how far I have come. I choose the ones that are bumpy so I can feel the texture. So I know I only have 4 now but when I am at goal I will have 17 beautiful charms to remind me of my journey.
  • I have a bead necklace that gets one bead for every 5 lbs lost. It's made of very simple crafting beads that my daughter already has and strung on a black cord. I have one now, and can just about taste the second. I wear it all the time to remind myself to stay on track.

I am trying to decide on what will be my BIG reward when I finally meet goal. I love jewelry, and I might just choose a nice piece to wear to forever remind me of what I've accomplished.
  • Quote: I am new to this (2wks, 2 days), but I have been putting $5 in a bucket for every pound I lose. I figure once I have reached my goal of 50 pounds, I will take my money and treat myself and a dear friend to a(nother) Vegas vacation! Once I have lost 25 lbs, I intend to treat myself to a night away for a shopping trip with some girlfriends.
    I love this idea!!! Thanks
  • I am going to try the charm idea too.

Cant we have rib eye steak on phase 1? Mammoth, i think i am going to have all that in the same day! (Although pizza hut is getting harder to find in my area of canada!)
  • for every ten pounds i celerbrate and love it ..ha ha .. I get a massage and a pedicure..every 20 pounds a new clothing item.. keeps me motivated .
  • I rewarded myself with 1 rose gold bangle for each 10 lbs for the first milestone of 50 lbs gone. Don't know what the reward will be for the next 50...
  • I've been thinking about this a lot, since I've usually rewarded myself with food in the past (ice cream, dinner out).

I like the idea of a charm necklace/bracelet for every 5 lbs lost. I make jewelry so I'm going to do that along with some extras: new purse, haircut, etc.
  • I also want to add in here that when I break 200lbs, I want to go skydiving finally!