Exercise Accountability

You're on Page 3 of 22
Go to
  • okay i bit the bullet and signed up for it....im only doing the shortest one possible, 1.3 miles....havent run outside in years...this should be interesting..i'm well aware that running outside is NOT the same as on the treadmill
  • Quote: okay i bit the bullet and signed up for it....im only doing the shortest one possible, 1.3 miles....havent run outside in years...this should be interesting..i'm well aware that running outside is NOT the same as on the treadmill

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • finally HOME!! what a very long day...got up at 5 a.m. and did an easy workout, hard weights and an easy walk for half an hour...work was insane today, very short on staff and about 60 students...and then there's the child throwing up at the lunch table, the student in tears who just ate something she's allergic to (not deathly allergic, thank god!), and the random behavior problems...overall it's a good group of kids but man, when one thing happens, they all seem to happen, and on a day with very few staff on board ....

but tonight me and DH are going downtown to find a restaurant to eat at and walk around a bit....just time for us, dont get much of that these days
  • EDIT TO ADD: great time going to dinner and for a walk downtown...it's the historic district here, beautiful old places...had a successful time eating out..i had one piece of the pizza (we were trying a new pizza place downtown - an upscale thing, not a grease joint) and i had half of a smallish piece of lasagna...SO GOOD and i didnt go overboard eating either...which to me was a big success...
  • Quote: okay i bit the bullet and signed up for it....im only doing the shortest one possible, 1.3 miles....havent run outside in years...this should be interesting..i'm well aware that running outside is NOT the same as on the treadmill

AWESOME!!!
  • Good luck tomorrow, mortonpixie!!
  • mortonpixie - Hope that the tri goes well today!
    alaskanlaughter - Yay for signing up! That's great

As for me, I did the kettlebell workout today, and with more energy than ever! Granted, it was because someone tried to rile me during my screenwriter's group meeting. What a jerk. He was actually trying to get under my skin! And he's 55y.o.! Grow up, fella.
    Anyway, when I accept my Oscar someday, I'll also thank all of the people that made me angry or tried to hurt my feelings. Thank you for making me more determined than ever.
  • alaskanlaughter Sounds lovely! Congratulations on successful dining. It's apparent that you are making a LIFE change rather than a short term diet.

westcoastrosa THANKS!

RVAscreenwriter Sorry you encountered such a jerk. It's apparent to me, that each person (even the icky ones) are placed in my life to teach me to be a better woman. You can thank him for helping your career!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I completed my event and am waiting for the results. The swim was 750yds and was a terribly confusing course. There were TWO sets of bouys out there, so I wasn't really sure where the heck I was going...I really hammered it on the 12mi bike and passed about 20 people (lots of men!)...and the 3mi run was okay - I had some stomach cramps that were nasty, so I abandoned my original "all out effort" plan and stuck with an easy pace to have fun and finish strong.

I was so happy to see our pastor and his kids on the swim exit, my husband brought the kids out with my Mom and a saw them on the bike (and finish!) and a friend of ours hubby was biking alongside the run course and got me to run hard on the way to the finish! Such a wonderful day!!

This is my last event for the year. Now I plan to do a P90X/INSANITY hybrid plan for 90 days and train our 10yo dd for her first 5k in October. All good things!
  • way to go on the triathlon!!

it was a good event this morning...was definitely harder to run on pavement and the impact bothered my ankles somewhat...i found that running on level ground was fairly easy and downhill was FAST! lol but going uphill at the very start was reallyyyyy hard....i took a few walking breaks as needed, for a few seconds or so...my goal was to finish the event and NOT come in last place LOL which i didn't...i was in the middle of the pack

i forgot to eat before the event....normally i dont eat before hitting the gym so early in the morning and i dont think it bothered me at all to do it today on an empty stomach either...but i wonder "would the hills have been easier if i had eaten?"
  • alaskanlaughter on your run!!! I'm proud of you for being out there and taking a leap of faith!

Today: Got my 1500yd recovery swim in, did short sets and chatted with my daughter in between.
  • today is my rest day....i stay home and do all the house chores around here, laundry etc...DH is taking parts off one car to put on my car, already got a new drivers seat out of it (it is NOT redneck, dont laugh lol)....going to try to make some spinach, cheese phyllo dough wrap things this afternoon for my lunches...want to make it to the hot tub sometime today too
  • Just did my kettlebell workout. Phew! To warm up, I managed to do two sets of 20 knee push-ups. I think I'm going to go for two sets of 10 real push-ups, next time! I feel so much stronger. I take little moving breaks between the sets of my kettlebell exercises. It'll be amazing when I can keep going all of the way through the circuit without breaking, like I'm supposed to. Gotta keep going!

mortonpixie - Glad that the tri went well! You are an inspiration.
  • RVAScreenwriter - BEASTY push ups, lady!!! WOAH. Getting stronger and noticing a change that way is sometimes more of a reward than the silly weight number!

alaskanlaughter - did you manage to hit the hot tub??

Yesterday: Did my run on the treadmill...I was agonizing over not running outdoors to train in the heat, but I don't have any more races coming up so why suffer for no reason??

Today: Upper body weights and a short swim.

Have a wonderful day!!
  • Wow, you ladies are so inspirational! You must be so proud of yourselves.

I don't have much to report about myself. I've just been doing Flow, taken a few 45ish minutes jaunts with my bike, etc. I start the next phase of New Rules on Thursday.
  • i did get to the hot tub i try to make it every sunday afternoon if i've gone to the gym for 5 workout days

my goal was to increase interval times and distance this week...it's not going quite how i planned...i ran two miles on the treadmill yesterday, doing three half-mile intervals, and i was so SORE in my ankles that i barely got the last half mile done in smaller intervals then i was so SORE all day that i could hardly put weight on my ankles for work, which is alot of walking around...the rest of my legs felt fine, shins, calves, upper legs etc, just my ankles and the area around them....very weird....

so today i ran just one mile, in half-mile intervals, which still boosts the intervals because they used to be quarter-mile intervals...i may stick with just that this week and see how my ankles handle it...they hurt afterwards but not as badly and already feel better now

does this sound like a good plan?

also getting back to my focus of low sugar, low wheat as well because i ate a lot of wheat yesterday afternoon and was SOOOO freaking tired afterwards