discouraged by coach

• has anyone else been warned by their coach that if they do not maintain at least a 2.5 lb loss average per week they run the risk of being removed from the program. I have ups and downs, I am post menapousal which my coach says has nothing to do with it and I work a highly stressful job which I am also told has no role in the ups and downs. Help, I am not is this program for any kind of special occasion other than the most important one and that is a healthier life.
  • That seems completely ridiculous. I would try and find another center. I lose very slowly (staying OP), and my coach is very supportive. Every person is different, and will lose at different rates. I have read that Stress can hinder weight loss because it releases cortisol in the body. Your coach should not be adding more stress to your life.
  • What qualifications does your coach have? I only ask because my hairdresser did IP and wants to become a coach, but I'm thinking "you had to take classes and get licensed to cut hair, do you need to do the same thing to tell people about weight loss and nutrition?"
  • I was told SOMETHING similar, but only if I was cheating, that they would have to remove me if I didn't make progress after a month or so. I suggest trying to find a different coach.
  • As long as you're paying for the products, they won't "fire" you. It's a business. The threat is an attempt to encourage you to stay on program.
  • That's stupid, they're supposed to be supportive of you. I can understand that maybe "our" stats can affect "their" bonus or something, but still, kicking you would be just plain dumb. If they do, you can use idealtogo and they'll get you all set up so you can continue using the products.
  • Whaat? That's crazy! I don't have a coach but I would have been kicked out weeks ago, then. I'm small and I've only lost more than that on my first 2 weeks.
  • wow...unbelievable. Yup, I'd look for a different coach. Anybody that is "supporting" someone in losing weight, should already know well enough, that their client doesn't need any more negatives. We do that enough on our own. Ultimately, it's up to us, the coach is there to answer questions etc... personally, my coach doesn't know that much more about the diet than I do. I don't use her for support, just to weigh in, measurements and pick up my goodies. My support comes from the people I have in my life and websites like this.
  • While my coach hasn't told me the exact thing your has, mine kept saying that I should be averaging 3-5 pounds a week and anything below that means I'm cheating. Until this last week (vacation) I have not "cheated" once on this plan, and even the vacation cheats were an extra bar when not near a place to make my drinks.

I finally got fed up and have gone to alternatives. I managed to lose 2.2 pound in one week ON VACATION on the alternatives, Other than the first week my losses have been 2-3 pounds/week so this fits right in. Plus using alternatives meant more money on vacation fun.
  • Discouraged by Coach
    Thank you all for you answers and support. I was thinking maybe a different coach myself. I have only been on here for 2 days and have read a lot. I have had more encouragement from here than I have had from my coach. Thank you everyone.

In my 8 weeks on the diet I did have one week with a cheat day in it and did not lose anything but my normal weight loss each week other than that has been between 2.6 - 6.2 lbs. I have lost a total of 23.2 lbs and 27.25" on this plan and had lost 12 lbs before the program. I am down a total of 35.2 lbs. I have a long ways to go and need support all the way just like everyone on here.