IP Daily Chat Monday 07/09/12

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
  • Gott run the trimmer then off for wrist surgery. No trimming for a few weeks!
  • Morning! This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I have to say thank you for all the support you all have already given me.

So far, I like the plan, and I have found that I really like rutabagas and fennel. Who knew? Not this girl.
  • So, I grab my pack of apple cinnamon soy puffs for breakfast this morning and head out the door to work stomach growling all the way. I get to work, open the packet and pour into a cup only to discover I have dill pickle zippers for breakfast. Uggghhh..... I like the dill pickle zippers, but not for breakfast. LOL Happy Monday to everyone.
  • Good morning all, have a great day!
  • Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
  • Quote: Gott run the trimmer then off for wrist surgery. No trimming for a few weeks!
    Hi USMCVet,
    Not sure if you received my note - just wanted to reiterate that you need to watch out for that innocuous looking saline solution they give you with the IV. It could be sugar based - be sure to ask for the non-sugar version.

Good luck!
  • Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

Anyways....have a great day IPers! THINK THIN!
  • Quote: Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
    Welcome back Samba,
    I know what you mean regarding learning about your emotions and relationship to food. It's great to understand your triggers and corresponding coping mechanisms.

I find myself thinking that in a way I'm glad this weight loss process is taking time. I need this time to understand which emotions cause me to reach for unhealthy snack foods and now I'm beginning to develop new habits to replace the old unhealthy habits. Yesterday Delgen mentioned that she knits to keep from snacking when she shouldn't. I used to love knitting and was planning on taking it up again in the fall. Think I'll start sooner, it's a great way to keep my hands busy.

IP provides the basis for an interesting journey, if one takes the time to think about what's happening emotionally.
  • Quote: Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

Hi Ticia,
    How did you become heavy if you have to force yourself to eat?
  • WI day here. A bit bummed because it looks like I gained weight from my low this week ;(
  • Quote: Hi Ticia,
    How did you become heavy if you have to force yourself to eat?
    I've only had to force myself to eat for the last few days. But before.....that was NEVER an issue.
  • Quote: Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

In the early days of IP I wasn't hungry either. Around day 4 I was HUNGRY and then I went into kitosis and went back to not being hungry. Just make sure you eat your IP packets and veggies, at least every 4 hours. Your body will regulate and fix that all for you soon
  • Samba: Welcome back! Glad to see you!
    Kickapookicks::Welcome: to the forum!
    Ticia:During Ketosis we can end up not being hungry since our body is getting the calories it needs from our fat stores. Keep in mind that "eating" can be drinking (if that's easier for you?) so if you are having a hard time getting your protein packets in, try the fruit juice type ones just with ice in them, not smoothie texture just watered down like a fruit punch at a wedding type thing, and for veggies, a light way to get your 4 cups is spinach, it never makes me feel full, and you can snack on it throughout the day if you need as far as "that" goes.
    Chloe:Thank you for your insight this morning. Last night I was watching TV and I "caved" by cheating and eating 2 extra bars. I know I must have needed them from my weekend of motorcycle riding (still had a loss this morning) but I know a LOT of it was from boredom as well, as I had just been watching TV at the time.
    Vet:Good luck on your surgery today. Are you going to get a dictation program so you can keep typing to us? How cool would that be?