Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way #16

You're on Page 11 of 86
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

Welcome Maisy: New faces are always welcome here. Sounds like you're well on your way to a lifestyle change. 10 lbs is a great beginning!
    I know what you mean when you say it's hard to watch things when you live with someone else. When dh and I got married 15 1/2 years ago, I started buying sweets for him that I normally would not have in the house. He's tall and thin and worked physically all day, so he could eat that stuff. I made his lunch for him every evening before bed, and I would have a bite of this and a bite of that as I made his lunch. The pounds slowly crept on, and along with 3 kids, I'm now 70 lbs overweight. Be careful and keep in mind that you need to watch what you eat. Aphil has some great points about cooking something different for yourself.

Missy: Thanks for that post with all those little tips. I think I need to print that out and post it on my fridge.

Kanola: WTG on 5 days on your program. I'm so glad you enjoying it so much. What a bonus!

Yesterday the "parents" all came over for Sam's birthday. We had BBQ burgers (lean), potato salad (which I made with l/f sour cream and l/f mayo), green salad, chips (which I didn't have any of) and Ideal's cake for dessert. It was an absolutely delicious low fat cake recipe. My mil is a fabulous cook and also has VERY sensitive taste buds. She always uses real whipping cream, and all the high fat "real" dressings. She says she can tell the difference and doesn't like the low fat versions. As she was eating her cake with Nutriwhip whipping cream (not even a dairy product), she asked what kind of icing that was. I laughed inside as I told her. hahahahahahaha. Low fat can be good, whether it's in potato salad, cake, or whatever...and I don't think she even noticed it in the potato salad...hahahahaha. I had saved quite of few of my calories for dinner yesterday, so even though I didn't count everything, I think I was OK.

I have to go do some bookkeeping for a fellow I do a little work for today, so I'm hoping I will get my Curves workout in later. Dh also wants to meet to look at some landscaping ideas and other things, so we'll see if I get the chance. If not, I'll try to take the dog for a brisk walk tonight.

Have a great day everybody!
  • Don't you just love tricking the mother in law....I have done that myself....hee hee hee
    Aphil
  • Week 2
    Hey girls!!!

Week one of BFL down.... and two already started!!

I had my 'free' day yesterday and enjoyed some treats and pizza and snacks at the movies!! Woohoo!! I also lost 2 lbs this week!! I am really trying not to focus on the scale results, but it is nice to see it heading in the right direction instead of stalling again this week.

This shake up seems to be working. After feeling a bit yuck yesterday, I was really looking forward to some good food and getting to the gym shortly after it opened. I had a great leg workout and even had to increase some of my weights. Awesome feeling.

How was everyone's weekend??

Nola.
  • This weekend has been SO busy so far...we had an extended family gathering out at a nearby park for Jason's family on his fathers side...with 2nd and 3rd cousins and tons of people you only see once a year...that sort of thing. I totally avoided all food at that gathering...yay for me! Afterwards the in'law's kept the kids, and Jason and I went to the movies to see X-2...is that what you saw Nola? I loved the first one...and the second was was even better! Jason and I just love science fiction stuff...Jason was really into the X-Men comic books when he was a kid-and it gave me some great ideas for some new costumes to make...I'd love to get "brave" enough some day to go as Mystique to a convention...wearing pretty much nothing but a thong, some blue airbrush theatre body paint, and the little bits of scaley body texture appliques she has "strategically placed" on!
    Jason stayed last night at the lake, I dropped him off at the campsite on the way home with his fishing pole, so I had the house to myself-and still do for a couple of hours...I went to bed EARLY-I was wiped out-about 9:00-and got up at 5:30. I have been working on the dance costumes since then. I am leaving here in a few hours to pick up Jason, and to go over to his little cousin's 3rd birthday party...I have successfully avoided family gathering food and movie popcorn so far this weekend...so avoiding a slice of birthday cake should be a "piece of cake." (Yes, I know I am a goofball.)
    Well, I best get going...I still have a little time to work and then do my workout before I have to get ready for the party...
    Aphil
  • hello everyone!
    i stumbled upon this thread and wondered if i could join you?
    my name is doni
    im 42 married for 15 years to brian hes in construction.
    we have a beautiful daughter catagan whos 10 i homeschool her.
    shes in 4th grade.
    ive always had a weight problem ive tried every diet imagineable!
    and they dont work.
    i dont need a quick fix i need a lifestyle change .
    thats why i was interested in this group.
    im 265 pounds.
    wanting to get to at least 160.
    i dont want to be skinny just healthy.
    i excercise with the firm.
    and have been getting good results.
    little ones but some just the same.
    i hoper i can join.
    thanks ,
    doni
  • OF COURSE, you can join! Welcome to the thread Doni. It's wonderful to see if you have a great exercise routine to follow and that is a wonderful start. Just keep at it and the rest will follow.

Well I am off to start my day of job hunting; talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
  • Welcome siamese!
    Of course you can join us here! We are committed to lifelong weight control...not temporary "diets." Stick with us and you will succeed...and have a great time doing it!
    Aphil
  • Hi Doni. Welcome here.

It's been a busy weekend and I haven't followed my plan at all. I've still lost a pound so I'm down by a total of 4 lbs. Can't complain about that!

I think I've finally almost cleared my plate of all my commitments and now it's time to start packing. Today's the day and I hope to make some real headway. First I have to go workout though.

Have a great day everyone.
  • thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!!
    kina-good luck on the job hunt!
    willbe-WOHOOOO! ON THE ONE POUND LOSS!!!!

thanks again for letting me join!
    doni
  • Hello!!
    Welcome Siamese! You are going to love this group!!

Day 3 - Week 2 of Body for Life and it is going great!! I had an awesome cardio workout yesterday and another great upper body workout today. I can feel myself get stronger each time I lift. I am going to measure at the end of the week because already I can feel some changes in how my clothes fit.

On Sunday after the gym, I went into Target to find a new pair of cargo pants because the latest ones (I have 4 pairs in 4 different sizes) are too big again. I found a nice pair in a size 10!!! And they fit perfectly!! I have been holding off buying new work clothes, so on payday next week I am going out to buy a new suit to celebrate!! Woohoo!! I am so happy!!

Well... I must run here, and get back to work (2 weeks until I start my new job) or at least pretend to work!! he he he

Hope everyone stays on plan today!!

Nola.
  • hi nola!
    thanks for the warm welcome!
    WOHOOO!!! ON THE 10S
    i cant wait to get there!!!
    did good on eats.
    i did super body sculpt 40 min.
    great workout.
    like you i feel stronger everyday.
    love the motivation here!
    doni
  • Morning everyone!
    I did a killer strength training workout yesterday as well...I really have to get a pic up here of my biceps...they are looking really good-I hade a tight 3/4 length shirt on yesterday, and my mom said she could see the "cut" from underneath my shirt! WOOHOO! It is also about time to change up my weights in that area, and it will be pretty soon for my shoulder exercises...
    Today is dance class...and abwork...hooray! I love to do abwork...
    I have been holding steady at 177 still for a whole month now...it will be time to take measurements soon in a couple of weeks, so we shall see if there are any changes going on in that direction-I am sure there is! I am really hoping to make it to 160-165 or so by the end of the summer however...and hopefully to a size 13/14 by then.
    Let me tell you-I don't know what the problem is with my internet lately-the service has been great for a couple of years, and the past 3 days it has been disconnecting like mad...every time I get on it disconnects at least once! GGRRR...
    Aphil
  • Good morning ladies! Welcome Doni! I'm glad to see you are off to a great start!
    Nola--congrats on the 10's!! Time to get rid of all the other sizes!!
    I've been doing well. I was away last week with my eighth graders and that was tough, but I'm back on track this week with both my walking and my eating.
    Today is my one-year anniversary of hitting my goal weight! I have never maintained a loss this long before and I know that a big part of it is the support and inspiration I receive here! THank you everyone!
    Aphil--great job with your workouts! My arms are still a little flabby so I really appreciate the compliment your mom gave you! You rock!
    Well, off to get work done! Keep up the great work ladies! Read you all later!
  • tryin'hard....wow...one years maintenance. You are SO awesome...HUGE CONGRATS!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!! You are truly never going to be heavy again...I have total faith in you.
    Aphil
  • hello everyone!

aphil-dont ya love it when you can see results?
    great job on those biceps!
    you will make your goal!
    im on aol i get disconnected all the time!

tryinhard-congrats on the one year maintenence!!!!
    thats awesome!!!!!!!

doni