I have a question about dill pickles!!

• I'm a super picky eater and one of the few veggies I like is dill pickles. I was wondering, since they have so much sodium, should I cut down a little on sea salt to balance it out? and, will eating pickles slow down my losses at all?
    Thanks!
  • I've never had problems with my loses on weeks I eat dill pickles. Get the low sodium kind, though, maybe?
  • I like dill pickles, too. I've never looked for low sodium. I will have to try that. Also, just so you know, there are sweet pickles out there, too, made with No Sugar/Using Splenda.
  • I had no idea that there were low sodium pickles, I'll look for those the next time I go shopping. Thanks!
  • Also read the label before buying your pickles - some use corn syrup or other sugar in the liquid
  • Quote: Also read the label before buying your pickles - some use corn syrup or other sugar in the liquid
    Bahh, I hadn't even thought to check. Wonderful. Hope that hasn't slowed me down! Thanks, though. I will be sure to do that next time.
  • Dill Pickels are my go-to food when I am hungry, mad, happy, anxious, bored, or PMSing. Someone here once mentioned having them cold, in the fridge, ready to go, during dinner prep. Whoever that was...thank you!!!! I buy the Vlastic ZESTY dills. I eat them-as needed. My weight loss has been completely unaffected by them. I do not always eat them, but wow do they pack a punch when I need one!!!
    IMHO, I would probably hold back on the salt if you are eating more than one or two -as they are very salty. I have also read of one person who was unable to eat any vegetables and used dill pickles....was okayed by her coach.
    I would think that would be very unhealthy, but, it worked for this one person.
    Enjoy you pickles!
    Also, are you having trouble finding ways to get your veges in? I used to be like that and have learned to just LOVE veges. I was told that my taste buds would change...and they have!!!!
    Good luck to you! IP is an amazing journey!!! Try to experiment and have fun!
  • I love kosher dill pickles. But I need to watch how many I eat because I retain water with high salt foods.
  • Quote: I love kosher dill pickles. But I need to watch how many I eat because I retain water with high salt foods.

USMCVET - you are CRUSHING this program! Fantastic Stats! Just wanted to say BRAVO! How long have you been OP?
  • Quote: Also, are you having trouble finding ways to get your veges in? I used to be like that and have learned to just LOVE veges. I was told that my taste buds would change...and they have!!!!
    I'm having a terrible time with vegetables. I'm much more of a fruit person. I mainly like the veggies that we can't have.
  • Quote: I'm having a terrible time with vegetables. I'm much more of a fruit person. I mainly like the veggies that we can't have.
    Have you made zucchini into apples or a rhubarb recipe? These are my go-to 'fruit fixes'. And rutabaga fries, mashed cauliflower, and kale chips are top craving killers for me. I copied my favorite veggie recipes on my lame diet blog (really need to work on that!)...
  • I made the rutabaga fries, today... I might have messed them up or something, but they tasted like carrots to me. :/
  • Quote: I made the rutabaga fries, today... I might have messed them up or something, but they tasted like carrots to me. :/
    I like to put garlic on mine. Or paprika.
    I made home made catsup out of tomato paste, and hade about a TBS of that along with them.

I have also done yellow squash that way...not as good, but I stilled loved them.