Dukan Diet Support Part 3

You're on Page 3 of 32
Go to
  • Day 1 of 5
    Well I was on the Ideal Protein program from June 25 til July 20 and lost 15.2 pounds. While the program was easy to follow I found out it contained too much whey for me to tolerate. The GI side effects became unbearable.
    So now today is my first day of attack on the Dukan Diet. I sure hope this works as well I really like the idea better as it is actual food I am eating and not powdered anything

How are you making out Isles? Managing to survive on protein only?
  • Anna: I think I will keep it to myself for now. I found out about a year ago about the thyroid issue. I was put on medication that seemed to help for about 6 months but then my symptoms started coming back. I may need to have the dose increased. I have a doctors appointment next month so I will find out then.

locastella: I think you will find this easy...and yes, having real food helps. I am like Filcha, the week goes well but weekends seem to have temptations...maybe because I think I need to relax, and splurge on weekends. Weekends are my achilles heal.

My plan is to start on some projects I have to do so I am busy and not wondering what to eat!!!
  • Hi all!

Anna, I went to Sydney for two days for a work conference. I really enjoyed it and Sydney was a few degrees warmer than Perth has been so I didn't freeze when we went out to find dinner in the evenings. We stayed at the Hilton Sydney - never stayed at such a fancy hotel before! There was a TV in the shower!

Isles, although I didn't go around telling everyone I was dieting, it tends to come out - especially when you get invited to people's places, have friends over, etc. Generally people were supportive. I was also hesitant about telling people about it at first, but think of it this way - I think the more people you tell, the more reason you have to be successful!
  • Well I survived the first day. I am not hungry but really think all this protein is going to be hard to accomplish! Its not the next three days that put the fear into me its all those PP days coming up! I am really going to have to plan what I am going to eat.
  • Quote: Well I survived the first day. I am not hungry but really think all this protein is going to be hard to accomplish! Its not the next three days that put the fear into me its all those PP days coming up! I am really going to have to plan what I am going to eat.
    Well done locastella, you're on your way!
    Dont worry about the PP days coming up, they were not my favourite either that's why I did alternating PP/PV days and it made the PP days much easier to cope with knowing I was only a few hours away from having vegetables. For me that made all the difference and I found this rhythm the easiest to cope with. Seriously, once I got going, the days just flew by.

All the best
    Anna
  • Seriously, Filcha, a TV in the shower....I am never in the shower long enough to need TV!!

Anna I agree, doing the PP/PV seems the easiest to deal with.

locastella

Off for my "get the day started"

• I am really glad that I found this blog. Look at all those trail breakers that have successfully gone on ahead!

I will definitively be alternating one day at a time. I think this will also make it easier to have a quasi normal life!

As for telling people, it is hard to decide. I have one friend I have told and she keeps expressing her doubt. Sure that I will gain it all back. I don't think so if only because I am not the same person anymore that gained the weight and anyway isn't it better to try that admit defeat at the outset?

Have a lovely day all. And thanks for the encouragement.
  • locastella
    Quote:
    isn't it better to try that admit defeat at the outset?
    Exactly..... back at ya.
  • locastella - you just show her! This is a great diet and the main reason I chose to try it was because it is not just about losing the weight but about a lifetime of keeping it off!
  • Well Day 2 done, I think its funny I don't even want a carb, I want a cucumber!!
  • Quote: Well Day 2 done, I think its funny I don't even want a carb, I want a cucumber!!
    The sweetest thing I tasted after 5 days on attack was a tomato and I don't even like tomatoes so I can completely understand about the cucumber!
  • Amak30 How long did it take you to reach your TW?

Isles Are you finished attacking?
  • In the early days I found I missed fruit more than carbs or even chocolate...
  • Hi locastella
    It took me around 20 weeks to get to my target weight and I averaged a loss of around 800 gms (1.5 pounds) per week.

Some weeks I lost more and some weeks I gained but I found that the weight loss was pretty steady.

I only stayed on Cruise for around 8 weeks because I was finding that I wasn't doing too well without fruit and not enough vegetables so I started a "modified" consolidation for the other 10-11 weeks and I still lost weight steadily so it worked very well for me.

By mid August, I'll be able to go on to Stabilization and I'm sure I won't be putting any of the weight back on because now it is seriously easy.

Hope that helps
    Anna
  • Day 3 all wrapped up and done.

In the scheme of things the amount of time required is nothing compared to how long it took to gain this weight. Looking forward to New Years. I am supposed to be at my TW by then. What a great way to start a new year