Dukan Diet Support Part 3

You're on Page 14 of 32
Go to
  • Hairballz, if you like broccoli, try the roasted cauliflower we discussed a couple of days ago. It doesn't taste exactly like broccoli but it's similar, with a milder taste, actually, so I think there is a good chance you might like it. And roasted veggies in general are so good.
  • Ugh, even the sight of cauliflower makes me ill. I know, I have the attitude toward vegetables of a 6-year old and I'm past 50! Too late to change.
  • 12.4 in 3 weeks is AWESOME!! Congrats, April!
  • Thanks Hairballz!

I also used to be a pretty extreme veggie hater, but I feel fortunate that starting in my 40s (I'm 50 now), I started to like many more of them.
  • 12.4 is a great loss!!!

I LOVE veggies! I never had a problem with eating raw veggies... my mother would be cutting them up and I'd steal them when I was a kid - but I hated a lot of them cooked!! I eased myself in to some of them by only lightly cooking them - but still there are many I won't touch cooked. My tip: eat raw veggies!
  • well no loss for week 2, I am completely stumped.
    100% on plan, did have my TOM at the end of the week, but still frustrated.
    I'm sticking with the plan, assuming the weight will come off eventually.
  • Stick with it!! TOM and its effects are evil... it took me until I was a few days over it then I dropped a 1lb in two days... you are probably just retaining a bit of water.
  • I agree, you can't underestimate the effects of TOM. Just make sure to drink lots of water to help get rid of any bloat and see what happens next week.
  • As for me, I'm now officially addicted to those muffins in a mug that I posted about. I picked up some powdered ginger from the spice store (had some in the cabinet but in comparison to this new stuff, it might as well be dust! lol!) and made a gingerbread muffin.

I am also thinking I could make a savory one to have with chicken - almost like stuffing. The only problem is that I do need to have oatbran in the mornings, I find that I feel really blah and draggy otherwise. So I can't have an extra 2 tbs every day, sadly.
  • Oh domestic, I am SOOOO happy you posted, I am having the same struggle Week Two! The only thing I can figure is some ham I had, I'd read that it was allowable but I think the salt content just doesn't agree with me. I have been DEDICATED, so it's very frustrating, but I do know others (and the book) have said to just soldier on and it will all come out in the wash, so to speak. I'm also menopausal, so I'm sure that's coming into play here, too, even the book said this is a particular challenge - though not an insurmountable one - for menopausal women.

HANG IN THERE WITH ME!
  • I love ham and I do eat some of it doing Dukan but I do see the effects on the scale. Again, just keep drinking plenty of water, and that will help flush out your system. I even get the low salt ham (Boarshead) and it's better but I still see the impact. But it's just short term, and underneath the salt, the weight does still come off.
  • Hi!

I am new to the forum and on day 7 of the Dukan Attack phase. Tomorrom I'm going to start with the P+V phase!

Even though there are no quantities in this diet I wonder if I am eating too much... I mean: how much do you eat every day???

Two day ago I ate for dinner 500g of extra lean minced beef in meatballs!!!
  • Welcome SimoNewMe!!

While 500 g of meatballs is a lot, it's not really all that many calories (between 500-600) when that is all you are eating for dinner - no potatoes or pasta or additional fat really cut down the calories in comparison to if you were eating a large portion of meat plus the rest of it.

Also, I find that the longer I'm on Dukan, my appetite tends to go down. I input my food into Fitday - not because I'm counting calories, but I still like to journal it. I right around 1000 but there are days where I'm full on less than that. You may start to experience the same thing.
  • I saw this post http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...ks-anyone.html

I checked and seaweed is allowed on PV days
  • ARGH! I put on 3lbs in 1 day!! This obviously is water weight... unless I munched on a few thousand calories while I was a sleep... where did you come from water weight!? Go away... shoooooo!

There is nothing specific I ate which I can even think of "oh, maybe it was that?". Has anyone else found they had random water weight creep in then magically vanish on this diet?