Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July

You're on Page 4 of 19
Go to
  • Laptop p*sses me off. Posts when I am not ready.

Sis is not on the pill or taking any other precautions. It will just be a matter of time. LIL man is still so lil. He is 9 mos almost and really only 7 mos in progression...still small and needs a LOT of attention.

CHELLE...glad DH did not have to go into the hsospital and so happy the new job makes you so happy...EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...whether we know it or not. Congrats.!

Got to dad's house at 9 am. Got the rock ring decoragion done by 10:30 am. He wanted to buy lunch soe went to Subway and picked up some lunch. Was off by 1 pm to sissy's to visit and see lil manl. Ainsley was ther too so got a double treat. Got home around 3, my man was home at 3:45 pm today. Dinner was simple. Grilled BBQ chicken on the grill. Grilled yellow zuchinni on the grill and greebeans. He is now reasting on the couch watching one of his shows and I am posting and doing laundry. YEAH....

CEEG....I am NOT watering, don't car if grass is green or brown. I do not have to cut grass when it is dead which makes me very happy...I do water my veggie and flower gardens however.

MELLIE...hope your back is feeling better...it sucks. Backs out, we are out.

Not much else to post. Got to get to watering my gardens.

Have a marvelous day tomorrow/night.

Hey to all the worldlies....loves and hugs.
  • Obviously I am tired and mucho typos in my past post....my apologies....
  • Michelle,
    Good news concerning dh's health.

Annie
    Oh my, You must be relieved about Sissy not being preggers. Dinner sounds good.

Mel
    Sounds like you need a rolling pin when the doctor comes back for a visit. Tell him no more bad diagnosis for you.
  • Friday at last. Thank the heavens or who ever got me through the week. It isn't finished yet tho. I still have weekend support to do but I don't have to be at either mine all the time. Only when they have a problem.

Haven't got through all the posts yet. Will write a full report tomorrow

• NOTHING IS NEW SINCE LAST EVENING SO.......

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY/SATURDAY!!

SHAD.....MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND BET YOU CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FINALE!!
    SENDING A LOT OF HUGS TO YOU MY LITTLE SISTER

ANNIE.....I AM GLAD SISSY IS NOT PREGNANT.
    TOUGH ON HER BODY, FINANCES AND LITTLE JAKE NEEDS HIS MOM!!
    DINNER ON THE GRILL.....YUM!!
    WOULD YOU BELIEVE I HAVE NEVER HAD SUBWAYS??? OR QUIZNOS!
    I LEAD A VERY SHELTERED LIFE

CEEJAY....I'LL KEEP A ROLLING PIN HANDY FOR HIS NEXT VISIT.
    SURELY HOPE YOUR DAY IS COOLER. UP HERE THE REAKING PINT SHOULD BE SUNDAY.
    TOMORROW WILL BE THE WORST SO FAR.
  • Quick check in to say hi! I had to take DH's truck to work today as my brakes are BAD. I suggested we take it to the repair place, but since our honest mechanic sold his business to some weasels, DH doesn't trust them. He said he could replace the brakes this weekend if I help him.

Annie - I'm so glad Sam's not pregnant. That would've just been too hard on them, especially if Chris is gun-shy about marriage. I haven't started my new job yet...I start a week from Monday...but I'm still super thrilled!! Current job would be okay if it weren't for the dang commute. Anyway, just 5 more work days after today and I'll be leaving this long commute behind and starting the dream job. BTW, we got the box of books and magazines yesterday! DMIL was thrilled. She says getting your boxes is like "that holiday in December that shall not be named when we're in July". LOL !! Thanks mucho!

Mel - Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I hope that eases up soon.

Big hugs to all! Stay cool sistas!

Much love,
    Michelle
  • Hidee Ho My worldlie sistas.......

Was completely pooped by 9 pm. C and went to bed, unfortunately, of course I woke up at 1 am and couldn't sleep...good think I like Reba as I watched about 6 episodes. Went and got into bed when C left for work at 4:30. Fell asleep around 5:30 and woke up at 7:30. Been to Aldi's and Walmart. Getting ready to head to Kroger to get beef and pork. Walmart selections on meat suck. And over priced. May watch lil man tonight or tomrorrow nite as Chris roommate from college is coming to town. They are going to dinner and drinks. I will keep monkey overnight. Kind of hoping for tomorrow night. Saturday morning am going to see Magic Mike with bf, Tami. It is not til 11:20, so sis should be able to pick up lil man before I need to leave.

Today I am going to spray around the house for bugs, mostly the d*mn ants. Then putting ant spikes around the house. That should detour them a bit. Also need to harvest my 4th batch of lettuce/spinach. Will get that all done today. It is so dang hot today 104 out there today. Next week is supposed to be 80s.

CHELLE...you are welcome for the magic box of goodies. I try to save my books but like I mentioned before I do not read as much in the summer. Five days til dream job. YEAH!!

MELLIE....Wish you lived near, then I would have someone more I could cook, clean and bring SUBWAY too...lol. We would certainly have soooooo much fun and laugh our arses off. MELLIE...as the doc about Cymbalta....not only does it cure head issues but also gives great relief to aches and pains. Amazing lil pill. Check into it.

SHADLET...here is the bright side to your work. At least there is an end to that one and you can move on to the next job.. Me however, stuck in the same ole job unless I want to put serious effort into looking for another. Don't have the energy for that.

CEEG...what chu got going on this weekend? Maybe staying home and relaxing.

LAURA....you are having the heat as we are...only you are getting a bit of rain...we are not. Ground is cracking, grass is green and like Jimmy crack corn, I don't care. lol.

Hello to all the worldlies.

Love and hugs
  • Hi ladies,

Happy Friday kids. I forgot I had to go for a blood test early morning. Good thing I woke up early, rolled over and remembered it. Scrambled into the shower and made it on time. Ugly clouds are rolling in. We were just standing outside watching them swirl. Cool too - 66 right now. Ahhhh refreshing compared to what we've been dealing with...

Annie - I was thinking the same thing about Lil Man being still quite little and maybe needing some extra one on one for a while yet. Not the time to be having another baby. If Chris is aware that she's not on BC and he's not doing anything either - then I hope the powers that be intervene on not making a mess of things. I think in hindsight we probably were better off putting the fear of God into our kids the way our parents did to us - sometimes kept us from making silly decisions Hope you can enjoy some relaxing time with C this weekend.

Mel - with all your yummy meals from TJs does this mean your tummy is feeling more to normal after the meds? Not sure you are missing anything by never having a sub sandwich from the chains. You HAVE however had at least one grinder(grine-duh) in your life, haven't you? I'm glad you were able to investigate and figure out what was giving you the intestinal issues. I told DH one has to take some owness and not just rely on the doc's opinions.

Yikes Michelle - more car troubles? Good thing DH can do some repairs although I'd not be chomping at the bit to replace brakes Might even rather do laundry and clean the oven instead

Shad - your post reminds me of a classic phrase one of my former co-workers told me - "all you're missing is the aggrivation..." (when I said I wasn't sure if I missed working yet). Hope the on call weekend is quiet.

Looks like the worst of the storm is coming through so I'm going to get off for a bit now. Have a good Friday chicks...
  • I'm still here worldly chicks..been super busy running around. Just a little crispy after our day at the pool. will catch up in the next few days and will do personals. Happy weekend everyone!
  • MICHELLE.....IT'S CALLED.......

Bwaaaa Ha Ha Ha
  • Annie
    Yes, I'm staying home this week end. It's to hot to be traveling very far.

Ellen
    A day by the pool sound like fun.

Mel
    Your TJ finds sound good. I may have to see what our local super market has or make a run to the super walmart.

-------
    I have a feeling that I'm going to cancel the long trip to Pigeon Forge. This 8hour drive is spooking with the heat. I have till Thursday to call and cancel to get a full refund. I may go talk to my bf this afternoon to see what she thinks.
  • Good middle of the night'/day to all.....

Maybe I just do not require the sleep that most people do or I am to tired to care....I don't know anymore...but wish I could sleep better...I mean what the H is wrong with me that I cannot sleep????

Got enough stuff done that today was not a total waste. Harvested enough lettuce/spinach and green onion for an army. Got it all cleaned and bagged. What the heck I am going to do with it all baffles me, everyone says they do not need anymore. To make matters worse, it will be all ready to harvest in another week or two. I know, it is only lettuce etc...let it go...but it just makes me crazy to not harvest and keep it.

Tomatos are getting big, but still green, will all probably turn ripe at the same time....thank God I make salsa and save a lot of tomatos not to have the same problems as the lettuce..lol

CEEG...Tennessee had a LOT of bad weather in the past few days with tornados and storms, not sure of Pigeon Forge but might be worth checking into it before making the trip...I understand about the hot weather and not wanting to travel. It is miserable here.

MELLIE...you just couldn't stand it...Christmas in July...Oh Mellie only you could get away with it...good for you for thinking of happy things like Christmas...xoxo

HAPPY...I wish we were looking to a storm. It is so dry here. It is just awful.. Today was 105 and tomorrow is the same. No relief til the middle of next week for temps, but no water....blah.

ELLEN.....Is it not enough that you stay busy with all the kiddos and the job too. Hope you get some peace somewhere. xoxo

Not much else going on here. Finishing the laundry and watching Golden Girls...what an exciting Friday nite....blah,..,may be babysitting lil man tomorrow nite but won't know till tomorrow afternoon.....nothing like being on call........

Loves and hugs....

• GOOD MORNING chicks

I AM USING THIS WEEKEND AS MY HOLIDAY.
    HOPING EVERY9ONE BEHAVES.
    THERE WILL BE A MAN SITTING IN THE LOBBY ALL DAY UNTIL MICNIGHT.
    HOPEFULLY HE CAN WATCH OVER THE SENIORS.
    TALKED TO THE MAYOR LAST NIGHT AND MY BOSS.
    THE PEEPS HERE WERE BEGINNING TO FALL LIKE FLIES.
    WHAT CAN I SAY.....IT'S BLOODY HOT.
    3 SENIORS WENT TO THE HOSPITAL.
    ONLY ONE CAME HOME. NOBODY LISTENS.
    THIS YEAR I WILL BE GOOD AND STAY UPSTAIRS IN MY OWN A/C!

NOTHING MUCH NEW. DELIGHTING IN MY TJ FOOD.
    THEN HAD A CALL FROM JEN.
    SHE & RICHIE ARE LIKE 2 MOTHER HENS.
    NOW THEY'RE CALLING EACH OTHER TO SEE IF I LIE
    RICHIE SPILLED THE BEANS...HE CANNOT KEEP A SAECRET
    HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND AND BE CAREFUL

MICHELLE....WHEN YOU GUYS DO THE BRAKEANNIES I HOPE DH IS BEING CAREFUL OF THE LUNGS.
    OTHERWISE IT WILL BE A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL
    PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.

ANNIE......DO THOSE ANT SPOKES WORK??? WE NEED THEM HERE.
    THEY USE SOME KIND OF WHITE POWDER MADE BY ORTHO.
    HOPE YOU & MONKEY HAVE A GOOD TIME. .....ENJOY YOUR MOVIE TOO!!!
    PART 2: I WISH WE COULD TAKE ALL YOUR PRODUCE OFF YOUR HANDS!!
    WE NEED TO MOVE CLOSER FOR SURE
    THE XMAS IN JULY IS ON THE TV TOO.....OR WILL BE SOON I HOPE
    THEY SHOWED ALL THE XMAS MOVIES ON THE HALL MARK CHANNEL LAST YEAR.
    I TRY TO KEEP HAPPY THOUGHTS AROUND ME ALL THE TIME....SENDING SOME TO YOU TOO
    *****Also......read th side effects on the meds you take.
    They often interrupt sleep patterns.
    Especially when combined with another drug or vitamin ets. Just thinking outloud.
    I know one of mine did in the hosp last year and they took me off of it. I forget which it was.
    Any drug that can change the chemistry in the brain can change the sleep pattern.
    Wishing you sweet dreams.

HAPPY......THE TUMMY FEELS BETTER BUT THE FOOD LEAVES VERY QUICKLY! (get the picture?)
    CAN'T SEEM TO GET OVER THE CIPRO JUST YET. (yogurt & probiotics have the opposite effect on me)
    BUT MAYBE SOON IT WILL END. THANK GOD FOR GOOGLE. & THANKS FOR ASKING.
    HOPE THAT WASN'T TOO MUCH INFO.
    HOPE YOUR BLOOD TESTS WENT WELL & THE DIABETES IS UNDER CONTROL.
    I WAS THINKING OF YOU WHEN JOHN CAME FOR A VISIT THE OTHER DAY.
    YOU WERE BOTH ON THE SAME MEDS AT THE TIME WAY BACK WHEN IN TENN.
    I WOULD LOVE SOME 66 DEGREES IF YOU WOULD SHARE PLEASE
    IT'S FRIGGIN' AFRICA HOT HERE STILL. STAY COOL & SAFE FROM THE STORMS!!
    PS: WHAT IS A GRINDER?!?!?!?!??

ELLEN ........DON'T GET TOO CRISPY FRIED OUTSIDE. ENJOY THE POOL
    DON'T KNOW ANYONE ELSE WHO DESERVES IT MORE!!!

CEEJAY.....I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU ARE THINKING OF CANCELLING THE TRIP.
    I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN.
    IT WOULD BE SUCH A HAPPY REUNION TOO. KEEP US POSTED

• Morning all. Thanks for your birthday wishes! I had a nice day.

Mel - As well as your doc thinks he knows you and as educated as docs are, you best know how you feel. And with you "listening" so closely to what your body says and keeping track of what you've eaten, you can really be the one to help yourself feel better. Good for you!! Like your new avatar.

Shad - Hope the support weekend is quiet and you're able to relax and enjoy yourself.

Happy - 66 degrees sounds delightful.

Ceejay - Sorry the heat is making you rethink your trip. It wouldn't be the drive so much as the prospect of making it only to be forced by the heat to spend it all indoors...

Michelle - I'm so happy to hear that dh's health news is positive. Does that mean he doesn't have pneumonia?? Oy, sorry to hear about the brake trouble. When it rains it pours. Hate to think of you two out in the heat working on the car!! But it'll save you a bundle of $$ and you can trust your own work vs. the weasel mechanic. I'm glad you're so happy about this job, and that it comes with good benefits.

Annie - So you're feeling like a rabbit with all the lettuce you're harvesting? I've never grown lettuce, but I know it's got to be a major accomplishment to keep it going well in this heat!! We're getting storms coming through our area, but the amount of rain they bring seems to be very limited/scattered. I think it's a good thing dd isn't preggers right now, the lil guy needs more time having mama to himself. Enjoy your time babysitting him this weekend. I'm sorry you're not sleeping well - what's with that? Too much going on in your head I imagine. I hope you get a good night's sleep soon!! I suppose when the lil guy starts getting mobile, he'll run you ragged and you'll sleep just fine, LOL.

Ellen - I guess the pool is really the only kind of outdoor activity to do in this kind of heat. Keep the sunscreen coming!
    ===
    My Thursday was nice. My friend came over and we went to lunch an then a movie. She and bf were particularly interested in seeing "Prometheus" (prequel to the Aliens movies). I wasn't, but she'd already seen "Magic Mike" (darnit), so I went along figuring it would be entertaining even if it's not really my cup of tea. And it was entertaining. I'm always so amazed at how creative people can be, and what a big undertaking movies like that are to make.

That night, bf grilled dinner - brats and pork chops and corn on the cob, which we had with salads from the deli, yum.

Friday morning was more girl chat over coffee/tea and bday cake. It was nice. The afternoon was lunch and some errands which were no fun in this abominable heat. Bf and I finally decided to move a couple things in the garage and put the car in there. We park our car in the garage in winter, so we never just pile stuff in there for storage, so we just had a couple bikes to move (the two old Schwinn's bf is selling) and that was about it. Usually the car's fine on the driveway in the summer with the foil thingy covering the windshield, but it's just too hot at the moment...

Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening indoors with my book and the tv. Making good headway through The Good Wife season 2, but after that we'll be waiting til Sept. for season 3 to be released on dvd. Boo.

Today is supposed to be in the 90's...that'll feel better. No plans for me. Bf will go to a party by himself because he always wants to hang out ultra late with these friends and I don't!! If we had two cars we could go separately and I could leave when I wanted, but no. I'm fine with staying home alone. My sis invited us over for Sunday - my SIL is in town for a couple weeks and we always get together once during that time (besides seeing each other at the Relay for Life). This always gives me the guilts because I'm just not close with my family and because I admit to not trying very hard to get closer. And horrible me, I resent that suddenly my nice long weekend has to end with an obligatory family thing... What is wrong with me?? Oh well, I'm not the only one with family dysfunction.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
  • Mel you snuck in on me. Sorry to hear some folks are succumbing to this horrible heat!! Even though you may not like it, I'm glad you have two mother hens watching out for you.

What's a grinder????!!!! I thought for sure as an East Coaster you'd be very familiar with them. Bf and I make a special trip into the city to a place that sells them - yum, essentially a baked submarine sandwich is what I understand them to be. Our guy's place is called Eastern Style Pizza and besides pizzas, he bakes those sandwiches in his pizza oven. Love 'em!