Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July

You're on Page 3 of 19
Go to
  • Hey Girls......

I do not care what Humana wants from me...I am NOT answering emails or phone if it is a Humana call. I AM DONE until Monday the 9th.

HAPPY...I know animal humanity is what it is all about but I say SHOOT the BEAR. My son would come and take care of that for you...he is all about shooting anaimals that create havoc. He would even shoot people that create havoc if he didn't have to go to jail...lol

CHELLE...so sorry to hear about DH. Do what the doc says and do NOT stray from instruction. He needs to follow instructions from DOC
  • Good Giggly wiggly this laptop just pees me off. It posts when I an not ready and moves around when I do not expect it...I am about to shoot it. Lol

Harvested green onions, banana peppers, yellow zuchinni and banana peppers....tomorrow I will HAVE to harvest lettuce and spinach as it is so high it wilil soon turn yukky

MELLIE....I wish we had some of our wetness. We are in such a dry spell that there are fire bans everywhere....which mean NO FIREWORKS anywhere. This is just crazy. Reminds me when I was pregnant with my DS in 1988. Terrible.

Just between all the worldlies and me....sissy MIGHT be preggers again...planned...wants to get all the diaper stuff over together. We will know by next week. Cannot afford what they have and doing it again...just boggles my mind....I know....please do not preach on their craziness, I get it. Gotta love the babes.

Patty...blessings to your momma...hugs

CEEG...good giggly wiggly, you are having the unGODly weather we are having...YUK.

LAURA....you are busy like me...post when you can.

SHADDIE....girl you are always so dang busy with the job...and much frustration...may God bless you with patience.

Hello to all the other worldlies.

Love and Hugs
  • Good Morning...way morning...2 am morning....just cannot sleep. Decided to get up and come out to the living room. This sleep crap just drives me nuts..since I do not do it well....have not done it very good since the first babe was born. Guess I need to get over that. LOL. I think I just need someone to hit me in the head with a hammer at night...yeah right girls get in line for the fun as it is long for that job. lol

Going to see Magic Mike on Saturday with my bestie, Tami. In the morning for the cheaper 5 buck pricel, then doing lunch. Thinking Mexican, since it is right next to the movie theater. That is the movie with my Matthew McConaughey, even tho he got married WITHOUT my consent.

I am NOT going into work on Thursday or Friday, I do not care who calls me. Knowing all the numbers that draw me in...I am NOT answering my cell phone. Not that I have really anything planned, but all the chaos going on at work, I do not even want to be there in the mess of things. Hopefully all this crap will soon pass. I just keep my head down and busy and try not to get involved in the bull.

4th of July tomorrow...no fireworks in this county nor any of the rest of Indiana. 2K fine if caught. I just worry about the idiots in the area catching the place on fire. We have already had one incident. Fireworks caught their grass on fire, which then caught their deck on fire, which then caught their house on fire. So far police, fire dept cannot pinpoint it on anyone. Meanwhile the family is displaced for a bit. I may be up all night doing fire patrol just to save my house. Isn't it just crazy that people cannot abide to the fire ban. STUPID.

Guess I have babbled enough and should get off of here. Good morning/afternoon to everyone..

Love and Hugs
  • Dear Annie,

It is 15 minutes after you posted. I'm up too but this is normal for me as I don't have to get up in the morning. It sounds as if you have so much going on in your head, no wonder your poor body cannot sleep. I think you need to relax, say your prayers, give up to God what you can, identify what you are grateful for and then close your eyes and have peaceful dreams and a restful night. Do this OR I WILL SING YOU A LULLABY and you will never sleep again.

I do admit there were times when I said I was going out of town (had a favorite place in the Ozark Mountains at a retreat where there was no cell phone reception). Sometimes I went there, sometimes I just told them I did just so that they would leave me alone. I sincerely believe that you give a company your all and you DESERVE to be left alone on your vacation. Unless you are the senior manager / director getting a 6 figure salary and a 40 percent bonus in which case they are paying to own you. Otherwise leave me alone peeps.

Bummer that the dry, hot weather is ruining so many fireworks celebrations. That's the best part of this holiday. Up here it's finally getting warm and smelly. I remember that smell - high humidity and baking head makes the rotting vegetation stink. Our town is having a fireworks display and they are only 4 miles from here. DH is hoping if we sit upstairs and look out the window we can watch from home and avoid the crowds.

Anyway pleasant dreams to those already sleeping and fairy sleepy dust to me and Annie but not to Shad who at the moment is still probably dealing with go live or go home...

• HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

HOPE WE ALL HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!!

THE BLDG IS SUPER QUIET. THE HEAT IS BEGINNING TO WEAR DOWN SOME SENIORS.
    EVEN THOUGH WE STAY IN THE HOUSE IT GETS TO US.
    I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHINGTO DO YESATERDAY MORNING....I SLEPT.
    NOT SURE WHY BUT I GOT SUPER SLEEPY AND JUST FELL ASLEEP.
    MUST HAVE NEEDED IT I GUESS.
    THE REST OF THE DAY WAS QUIET AND I GOT EVERYTHING READY FOR FOOD SHOPPPING TOMORROW.

I WON'T BE HERE TILL LATE THURSDAY SO I WILL POST THIS NOW FOR THE 6TH.........................

LAURA....HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    HOPE YOUR SPECIAL DAY IS A WONDERFUL ONE.
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!

ANNIE...HOPE IT WAS COOL AND THE TIME FLEW AT WORK
    IT IS VERY SCARY HOW DRY SO MUCH OF THE COUNTRY IS.
    I AM SURPRISED ANY PLACE IS HAVING FIREWORKS THIS YEAR.
    ENJOY THE MOVIE & LUNCH. TIME FOR SOME BFF TIME!!
    DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEJAY....I THINK ALL THE WEATHER PEOPLE ARE HAPPY.
    THEY HAVE ALL THIS DRAMA THEY CAN REPORT ON EACH MORNING!!
    STAY COOL DOWN THERE.....THOSE ARE MELTING TEMPS
    EVERY DAY THE WATER COMPANY WAKES UP TO THE SOUND
    OF $ CHA----CHING $ IN THEIR REGISTERS!!! LOL

MICHELLE...PRAYERS & GOOD THOUGHTS FOR DH AND A FULL RECOVERY.
    I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING TO HIM.
    HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU AGAIN

HAPPY....GLAD MR BEAR HASN'T SHOWN FOR 2 DAYS.
    MIGHT BE A GOOD SIGN...NO FOOD....THINK I'LL MOVE ON.
    I CAN IMAGINE THE NUTTERS WITH THE HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS.
    PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT ALL OVER. CANNOT GET THEM TO MOVE.
    USUALLY THOSE TYPES YOU RAN INTO MOVE OVER 3 INCHES FOR ME TO PASS.
    I AM ABOUT 3 FEET WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LAUGHING NOW BUT WAS NEAR TEARS THEN WITH FRUSTRATION.
    GOTTA LOVE BEEF!! YUM!!! I LOVE A GOOD BEEF SALE.
    ENJOY & STAY COOL OUT THERE.
    I COULD SEE THE FIREWORKS IF I "DRIVE" A FEW BLOCKS.
    THE CROWDS UP HERE CAN BE A PAIN A PAIN.
    PLUS I DON'T SEE GOOD IN CERTAIN LIGHTING FOR CURBS AND HOLES IN THE SIDEWALKS ROFLMAOFF
  • Happy July 4th. My first phone call was for a water leak. I can handle those. Please God no power outages today.

Looked on the calendar this morning and next week end is my vacation trip.
    Can't wait.
    -------
    Annie
    I have those nights where sleep doesn't exist. Happy had some good advice.

Hapyy,
    I get out of town simply because my boss ives behind me on the next street over.

Mel
    Good for you in getting more sleep. I can take power naps (10 or 15 minutes) in the afternoon but one for two hours or longer and I can't sleep at night. To much like my mom.
  • Hi all,

Happy Independence Day

Not much going on, I just stepped outside and boy is it hot. There is a small chance of rain in a couple of hours - not sure if it will sidestep us. I will probably straighten up in here and go do a bit of gardening on my herb garden.

Annie - hope you got some sleep and you are ignoring the phone, emails and anything other than C. That's surprising about Sissy - don't think it's the best choice for the circumstances right now but people are heck-bent on doing their own thing so one can only hope things work out in the long run. No use fretting about it tho... I totally LOVE your phrase about Matthew getting married without your CONSENT Somehow I think he might not be the easiest person to live with so you are better off with C Enjoy the movies - it's about time they made something for women to oogle over.

Ceejay - I thought it was funny that you have to leave town because there is no faking it with your boss just down the street. My manager in Memphis lived about a mile and a half down the road from me but we travelled in different circles and never ran into each other the 4 years I worked for her - no even in the grocery store we both shopped at. How exciting for your upcoming vacation just around the corner. I hope it's not dreadful hot over there but you are used to it. I see it's hotter in the Nashville area than Memphis, hope the mountains are cooler for you.

Mel - I'd say if you took a good nap, you needed it. If the seniors are anything like my Mum, she is getting antsy being cooped up so that can be as troublesome as 2 year olds on sugar. Maybe you need a victory garden so they can keep busy and you don't have to shop so often Are you getting past the Cipro issues?

I guess I should go put on something cool and head on outside. Have a good one ladies. Don't eat too much at the picnics.
  • Happy 5th of July -

Sorry I was absent yesterday. I had to do some tech support for a website client, drop DMIL at her sister's while I took a pre-employment drug test for my new job. Then I went to pick up DMIL but stayed and visited for a bit, and then we ran lots of errands.

All the towns in SE Wisconsin banned the use of personal fireworks due to how dry everything is, but public displays still went on with most of the communities watering the grounds well before the fireworks went off.

Our town and the one nearby did fireworks on Tuesday night and last night, but it was just too dang hot and muggy to sit outside, even that late at night. That's okay though cuz we've got some festivals coming up later this month that will have fireworks. In addition to the heat, we didn't go see fireworks cuz DH is still really sick. He didn't go to work again today...he'll see the doctor later and it's probably 50/50 whether or not he'll get admitted to the hospital. Any prayers or healing/get well wishes you can send his way are greatly appreciated.

My head is telling me that rain is on the way. In the last few months, my migraines have usually been triggered by changes in barometric pressure...and I've got a doozy today. I'm drinking gatorade and have already taken 2 Excedrin...hopefully they'll kick in soon. And I definitely hope this migraine is right about raining coming our way. The ground needs a really good soaking.

Laura's b'day reminded me that I have just 2 months to declutter this house so I can have a party. I have REALLY got to get my act together and my arse in gear. It's been so hard doing everything while DH has been sick for most of the past year. I know, that's prolly just a lame excuse.

I'm so looking forward to starting my new job, and the shorter commute. I will be able to go home to give the dog her meds at lunchtime if DMIL is visiting her sister. I will be able to go to the gym either before or after work; with my current schedule/commute, I don't get home in time to go to my fave classes. And I won't be so exhausted and grouchy when I get home because I won't have to fight traffic.

=======================

Annie - so nice that your veggies are producing so well! I haven't harvested anything yet, but am seeing little green tomatoes, cukes and beans. If Sam is preggers again, Chris really needs to step up to the plate and marry her so she can get insurance. Just me putting my two cents in where it's not asked for or wanted. I can totally understand how you can't sleep. You've got lots on your mind dear sista. I was wide awake early Wednesday morning (from around 1:30 to 3:30) and this is NOT normal for me. Maybe I caught your insomnia, sista. Enjoy the movie and lunch with Tami.

Laura - Is today your B'Day?! If so, have a very wonderful day!! What are your fun b'day plans?

Ceejay - I can imagine how excited you are for your vacation! Good for you!! You deserve to have a wonderful, fun and relaxing time. It's interesting how some people can feel rested after a short power nap. Not me...I need to nap for at least an hour when I'm tired mid-day.

Happy - Is it still really hot up there today? it's supposed to be over 100 here, and cool down to the 90s tomorrow. But the weekend is supposed to be very nice, upper 70s/low 80s.

Mel - I hope the nap provided some much needed and well deserved rest, and that you have a great day today!

Big to Ellen and Patty!

I've gotta get back to trying to figure out what's wrong with my program.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Morning all. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. Getting in front of the computer isn't too appealing at home - still have the cluttered office issue. I think I forgot to mention that last weekend I spent a couple hours going through some of the paper piles in there, so I felt a bit better, but it's a long way from "done".

Annie - Sorry you had to work Monday and Tues when you'd planned vacay time!! I hope you enjoy Thurs & Fri and no one from the office even tries to contact you. Wow, surprising news about dd planning another baby right away. Aside from the financial practicalities, I'd think if it were me I'd want a longer break between going through all that again... I'd like to see Magic Mike too - just saw the preview for it at the movies last week for the first time, and Matthew M seems perfect for a role in that kind of movie. Looking forward to some good eye candy, lol!! Scary about the fireworks causing the house fire. I was nervous too - you'd think people would be smarter to leave it to the pros this year.

Michelle - I'm so sorry to hear dh has pneumonia again. I pray he starts feeling better soon and doesn't end up back at the hospital. I'm so happy for you with this new job - so many positives for you. I hope your migraine goes away soon and that you're right about the rain - we all need it badly in our region, and any rain anyone gets is a good thing. Yes, today's my b-day. My inclination with all this ultra hot/humid weather is just to stay inside with the tv and a book, but my friend is coming over late this morning and we'll go out to eat and perhaps see a movie. For dinner, bf will grill.

Happy - I had an 8 pack of petunias sitting around for several weeks waiting for me to plant them and yesterday I finally did it. Just put a few in each of 3 planters to fill them out, so it wasn't a big job, but stilll.... I was only out for about 45 min. tops and was in the shade with the mister sprinkler attachment pointed at me, but it was still crazy hot. Were you able to see the fireworks from your 2nd floor window?? How nice for you if so - in the comfort of your home out of the heat/humidity/bugs.

Ceejay - Your trip is getting closer - exciting. Just getting away from the usual routine is so refreshing! Please, no power outages!! In our area, a bad storm knocked out power to about 40,000 homes last weekend and it took several days to get it restored to a lot of them - what a horrible thing during this heat.

Mel - You must have needed the sleep for that nap to happen, though I do find that a warm stuffy environment helps that sleepy feeling along... Hope your TJ's trip is a good one!!

Hellos to Ellen and Patty - hope you both enjoyed your 4th of July holiday.
    ===
    Well, I ended up skipping lunch Tuesday to spend with the software support guy to work through a few issues, and I ended up on the 3:45 train, so I still got out of work a bit early. Whoopee - bf and I went to Walmart.

Yesterday I didn't do much of anything - planted the petunias, did a couple loads of laundry. Watched some dvr'd Hallmark movies, finished the end of one book and started another. BF and I went to the village fireworks. It was still nearly 90 degrees at that time, but at least there was a bit of a breeze going
    so just sitting in a chair sipping water and watching fireworks wasn't too bad. Though I do kind of wish they'd compact them all into 15-20 min. instead of 30. We're not very far from where we watch them, but bf, always trying to get home more quickly, tried a different route home and we got totally caught up in traffic, and in an unfamiliar subdivision so it took us 30 min to get home. Annoying.

Another hot day today, so we'll have more indoor time today. It's getting old...but when the weather drops back to the low 90's and then the 80's, it'll feel really refreshing.

Okay, gonna get this posted and eat some brekky. Toodles.

• Happy Birthday Laura. Sounds like you are off today and have plans for some fun activities. Funny you talk about working under the mister - I was thinking of doing the same yesterday. Since we have a well pump, don't want to run the water too hard and burn out the pump so a mister would be great. Although the water coming from the well was darn cold I agree with you that Matthew McConnahey (sp) is just the perfect personality to be in a move like Magic Mike. Nice that the ladies are offered some beefcake for a change When we first moved to AH we could sit on the corner of our property and watch the MP fireworks from Central. Then the trees grew up It was nice that you got out there to see them. As for cutting the show, I'm sure people expect at least 30 minutes of them - they sure would complain if it was a compacted 30 minutes. Have a good birthday!

Michelle - not as hot for us temperature wise but mid 90's feels just like 100 here. We have wide open spaces and no wind so the sun intensifies. That's unfortunate that DH has pneumonia again. I guess that shows how serious that illness is. Can't believe they haven't cured him yet. I imagine you will get better insurance with the new job?

Mel - enjoy your shopping trip - don't get too tuckered out.

It was really hot yesterday and then about 7pm a big wind kicked up and the temperature dropped to a refreshing level. So nice I actually went out and pulled weeds for a while. We had some big storms headed our way but they diverted and went south. We did get a bit of rain overnight, but not much. We didn't wind up going over to see the fireworks - didn't want to deal with the crowds and I guess we had alot of low lying clouds or we just can't see the fireworks from our house because all we saw were flashes in the sky like lightening. I guess alot of places had fireworks because there was noise and flashes in every direction. We thought a storm was moving in at one point but everything mysteriously got quiet about 10:30pm and the flashes stopped as soon as the boom noise did.

It's really too hot to do anything during the day time. We both miss the pool at this point although as DH said he does not miss the work that went along with it - mostly trimming trees and sweeping up the never ending pile of pine needles from the surrounding neighbors trees. I've got a letter to drop off at the post office and return 2 pairs of shoes I ordered online but hate to go into town. Also have to dye my hair. We picked up a no contract smart phone from Verizon who is starting to add cell towers out this way. Our AT&T service is non-existent at the house. We are only 4 miles away from the closest cell tower but only get 1 bar at the house unless we sit upstairs in which case we get a weak 2 bars. DH has been on the phone with them for 3 days now. Kind of frustrating but at least I don't have to argue with DH about ditching the land line.

Not much else going on, I'm kind of hungry and I'd better get going on some of this stuff nagging at me. Have a good day ladies - especially to those of you enjoying a little hard earned relaxing time.
  • Laura - It sounds like you have a wonderful b'day planned!! I'm so happy for you!! Sounds like a perfect kind of day.

Happy - The insurance with my new job is fantastic!! If we go to any of its affiliated hospitals or clinics, the combined deductible for the two of us is only $600, and after that they pay 90% !! Wooo Hooo! Unfortunately it doesn't kick in for us until Sept. 1, and DH couldn't wait that long to get sick again. Bummer that the storms that went south of you didn't get far enough south to hit us.
  • Just a quick post to say that DH does NOT have to go to the hospital! The pulmonologist called him back and said that the tests they ran came back positive for rhinovirus and a slight bacterial infection...but negative for fungal infection! And the prescriptions he's already taking will ease his symptoms and clear out the bacteria soon. The doc said it was good that he stayed home today due to the heat, humidity and his difficulty breathing. If the heat/humidity drop as expected by tomorrow, he might be able to go to work.
  • Helping out mother nature today. I'm actually watering the front lawn. It's brown.
    Did a few errands this morning. While I was in Walmart the car got to a 113 degree's on the inside. Opened the window to let out some air and it dropped to 105. That's toooooo hot. We're supposed to get rain on Sunday and Monday and then a cool down to the low 90's

Laura
    Happy Birthday.
  • I AM HOME & GROCERIES ARE FINALLY PUT AWAY.
    I DID THE COLD STUFF WHEN I GOT HOME BUT LEFT THE REST.
    I HAVE SOME SERIOUS BACK PROBLEMS. DR THINKS IT'S ARTHRITIS.
    I AM GOING TO HAVE TO HURT THIS GUY NEXT WEEK WHEN HE COMES
    I TOLD HIM LAST TIME....NO NEW PROBLEMS
    GETTING OLD REALLY IS NOT FOR SISSIES.
    TRIED TO HELP THE BOSSLADY WHEN I GOT HOME.
    SHE'S GOING DOWN FOR THE COUNT WITH BRONCHITIS I THINK....AS USUAL.
    HAD TO LEND HER MY INHALER. NOT A GOOD SIGN.
    WE SPRUNG LEAKS AND HAVE FAULTY A/C's THAT NEEDED REPLACING.
    THE MEN HAVE THEIR ORDERS FOR TOIDAY AND TOMORROW.
    EVERYTHING IS AS IS SHOULD HAVE BEEN
    TRADER JOES HAD LOTS OF STUFF AND THEY HAD MY DINNERS!!!
    CHICKEN MARSALA, TURKEY MEATBALLS, BAKED EGGPLANT, BEEF POT PIES, BEEF STIR FRY.
    ALL I HAVE TO DO IS ADD VEGGIES & SOME RICE TO SOME OF THEM.
    FRIDGE IS FILLED AGAIN AND I STOCKED THE BATROOM NECESSITIES TOO.
    NOT GOING OUT IN THIS HEAT AGAIN IF I CAN HELP IT!!
    MY WRITTEN JOURNAL IS SHOWING THAT I AM RIGHT
    ABOUT THE GASTRO PROBLEMS AND HE IS WRONG.
    I GOOGLED STUFF AND BEGAN DOING RESEARCH.
    BEGAN GETTING OFF ALL TRIGGER ITEMS THAT I WAS INGESTING.
    ONE BY ONE THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE GETTING BETTER.
    BUT I HAVE SO MUCH PAIN IN THAT AREA FROM SO MANY OTHER PROBLEMS IT'S VERY HARD TO SEPARATE THEM.
    IN FACT....ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE BUT I TRY.
    I JUST WISH THE INS. COMPANY WOULD PAY FOR SOME KIND OF SCAN
    THAT WOULD SHOW IT ALL....IF THERE IS SOMETHING TO SHOW.
    HOPE THAT MADE SENSE!!!! LOL
    MAYBE I NEED A FRIGGING GYPSY WITH A CRYSTAL BALL!!
    OTHER THAN THAT....ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD.
    MORE OR LESS.
    HAVE A SUPER NIGHT. I MIGHT HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE IN THE AM.

LAURA......HERE'S SOME MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR YOU!!
    YESTERDAY DIDN'T THINK I'D MAKE IT HERE IN TIME SO POSTED THEM EARLY.
    SO HOW WAS THE DAY????
    TOO BAD YOU WERENT' BORN ON THE FOURTH!!
    YOU WOULD HAVE FIREWORKS EVERY YEAR JUST FOR YOU
    YOUR TIME OFF SOUNDED NICE.....BUT TOO HOT FOR ME TOO!!!

HAPPY.....THESE CELL PHONES CAN BE A PAIN.
    JEN CAN'T GET A GOOD SIGNAL AT THE TRAILER.
    I WILL NEVER GET RID OF MY LANDLINE UNLESS VERIZON JUNKS THEM.
    THERE IS TALK OF THAT HAPPENING.
    STAY COOL AND I'LL BRING A POOL WITH ME WHEN I COME TO LIVE!!!

CEEJAY......WOW IT IS AFRICA HOT DOWN BY YOU GIRL!!!
    THE POOR GRASSES OUT YOUR WAY MUST NEED GALLONS OF WATER!!
    HOP[E YOU STAY COOL AND KEEP WELL.
    THAT CAR TEMP IS WAAAAAY TOO HIGH!!!! YIKES!!!
    PRAYINGFOR BOTH OF US THAT THERE ARE NO POWER OUTAGES TILL THIS HEAT PASSES!

MICHELLE....SO GLAD THERE WAS GOOD NEWS FOR DH.
    YOU BOTH MUST BE VERY RELIEVED.
    THE WOPRST THING I CAN THINK OF IS ANY HOSPITAl!!!!
    hope you, dh the dmil and the job are all ok this weekend!!
  • Hey girls....well good news, depending on how you look at it...Sissy is NOT preggers. Personally, they are NOT ready for another babe.