Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July

You're on Page 11 of 19
Go to
  • Feeling silly and made a whimsy picture from some of my garden stuff.

Dill "hair", tomato eyes, sugar snap pea smile and eyebrows, arugula flower "earrings" and a corriander seed nose.

• HAPPY.....I NEEDED THAT PIC THIS MORNING. TOO FUNNY & TOO CUTE.
    I LOVE IT!!
    THAT WAS A LONG TIME FOR WOLF TOURING!! WOW!
    BUT I BET IT WAS INTERESTING LIKE YOU SAID.
    TOO BAD IT'S SO BUGGY & ALL THE CLIMBING IN & OUT.
    YOUR POOR "CRICK". HOPE YOU WEREN'T IN PAIN.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I WAS STILL THE NIGHT OWL!
    DEFINITELY NOT THE PARTY ANIMAL I USED TO BE.
    WHILE READING YOUR POST ABOUT DINNER...I WAS THINKING
    I CAN'T WATCH TV WITHOUT GETTING HUNGRY.
    EITHER THEY ARE COOKING FOOD OR SELLING FOOD!
    SEEMS LIKE I AM STARVING ALL DAY. MAYBE I BETTER STICK WITH HBO!

MORNING CHICKS.
    NOTHING NEW SINCE YESTERDAY.
    STILL EXTREMEMLY QUIET.
    THIS WEATHER HAS REALLY GOTTEN THE BEST OF THE TENANTS.
    I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO YELL AT THEM TO STAY INDOORS.
    SOME OF THEM WATCHED THE MARATHON AGAIN YESTERDAY.
    THEY HAD SNACKS & ICED TEA.
    TIME FOR MY BREAKFAST
    HAVE A GREAT DAY.
  • Happy Monday Everyone...shuuuweeee what a long night. Didn't get to sleep till after 3 am last night due to bathroom issues. My tummy is still tumbling around in there. Only thing I can figure is too many fresh veggies, or something I ate at Olive Garden yesterday. Anyway taking it easy on the tummy today. Good day to start a diet I guess.

HAPPY... I just love your veggie happy face. It certainly put a smile on my face and I copied and shared it with others as it was so cute. Hope your back is feeling better, climbing in and out of a vehicle does not do it much good. Have you tried those heat patches for backs? I just love them and use them occasionally on my ankle and shoulder. (The areas that were broken in the past and give me trouble from time to time). A private wolf tour from the gal at the museum sounds wonderful...take her up on it.

CHELLE is off to her dream job this morning. Goodluck and have fun. I am very happy and excited for you! YEAH!!

MELLIE...thank God the seniors are staying in and out of the heat. It gives you a break when they "mind" you. I hear you on taking a fistful of pills at once. I take about 17 or 18 everday of vits and supplements. If I take the majority of them in the morning I have no room for breakfast. HOWEVER, you must take your pills as prescribed or I may just make that trip out to see you afterall. Wonder if a rolling pin in my carry on would be considered a weapon?

ELLEN....good you and DH got to go out for a bit without the kiddos. Alway include them in physical work, makes they tired out and less hyper. Wink!

SHADLET....just a few more days and you will be out of that mess and home. Then off to see Miss Sophie....how fun!

Hello to all you sweet ladies....Have a great day/night.

Hugs,
  • Morning all. Hot day in store for us here. What am I saying? It's already hot.

Annie - The recipe sounds yummy! Love the photos, but the Rose of Sharon made me laugh - my mom planted some in her yard years ago and it's gone crazy! Now she's on a mission to dig it all out, LOL.

Happy - Wow, sounds like a marathon tour - sorry circumstances made you quit after only 6 hours, hahaha. Really, crawling in and out of the vehicle when you're already sore, and then the mosquitos...too much. Sorry the service wasn't good at brunch yesterday. Definitely tell the owner/manager - he/she needs to know! Love your veggie face. You know we're going to want to see more! Neither bf nor I are into sushi. One of the book club ladies brought homemade sushi once. It's generally fine, but I just don't care for the texture of raw fish.

Michelle - How was the lake and country drive yesterday? Good luck on your first day of work.

Ceejay - Hope you're enjoying your time in PF. Just saw a tv show about roller coasters (bf just had to watch it) and one of the featured ones was in Dollywood.

Shad - Glad to hear Sophia is in the clear with her breathing. Ah, the assignment is winding down now. Hope you have a nice length of downtime after this to visit Sophia and the family. Your gathering with friends sounded fun!

Mel - Glad you're feeling better now! Hope the quiet continues.

Ellen - I hope work stayed busy and un-boring for you. Yay for the new bookcases.

Hi Patty!!
    ===
    Nothing much to report. Didn't do much of anything rest of Saturday and on Sunday except a dog walk, load of laundry, and bagging some clothes, shoes, and books for a charity donation.

Another workweek begins. Sigh. I'm envious - a friend of mine is switching jobs (same company) starting in Sept and has finagled (her word) 3 weeks off in August. Sounds wonderful.

Bf phoned - doggy just finished his annual exam & shots (and blood testing, nail trim, gland express, adequan shot and purchase of flea/tick and heartworm meds) and so we are now in the poorhouse. Never mind that he's also scheduled for teeth-cleaning and hip x-rays if the bloodwork comes back okay.

Posting this now and off to work for the money to pay the vet bill!
  • Growling and Grunting
    Paleolithic Turtle checking in. Heat wave busted but on it's way back. Just checking in and saying hello. Hello. Hi. Howdy. Sup.
  • Hi all,

Glad you liked the veggie pic. I am having fun with the new camera. It's very forgiving to an amateur like me. Oh and for the record, I only eat cooked sushi - no raw fish for this girl. DH loves ahi tuna steaks which are seared on the outer edge and raw in the middle. Not this kid. The California roll has the fake crab sticks, avocado, cucumber and sticky rice. I tolerate the seaweed. They had some sushi at the grocery store but it looked like McD's would try to make sushi.

Laura - finagled is the perfect word for what your friend did to get extra vacation. It's the only word to describe it I swear you have to get it up front unless you are one of the A listers they keep throwing perks to (or looking the other way on bad behavior). And I feel your pain on the vet bills.

Annie - I see the Olive Garden commercials - darn if they aren't the yummiest looking stuff. Sorry you are feeling yucky - hope it passes. Guess it's a good reason to stick to the soups. Thanks for the suggestion of the hot patches - I'm sure I have some of them around here somewhere. Will try them. With all the heat you guys have gotten, how are your tomatoes doing?

Mel - glad you liked the picture too. Maybe you can have a senior activity and make food faces Too bad you don't have the space for a victory garden for the building but then I guess they'd fight over who got the vegetables.

Hi Java

I guess I should get busy here. DH went over to the museum to do some work and I should take advantage of the fact that I'm by myself here. It's really hot and sunny out there - no gardening or even digging through boxes in the garage. Supposed to get some rain and a cool front tomorrow so if I get the inside stuff done today, I'll have lots of time tomorrow outside. But first some tuna salad for lunch...
  • HAPPY...I water my garden nearly every night. All of my garden is doing very well. We can only water if the hose has a sprayer on it that you control the on and off. No lawn watering or car washing. I have one yellow tomato about to be picked. That will be my first tomato. I have had several yellow zucchinis, green onions, lettuce, spinach, cilantro, basil, banana pepper, jalapeno however no pumpkins on the vine yet or cucumbers. BLAH. I love cucumbers. Our entire state is in a severe drought. No rain in sight. Boo.

LAURA..I am hoping the rose of sharon takes over the back fence of the yard and provides a sort of "privacy fence" so to speak. I know they can take over the yard as my momma's yard has about 20 bushes in it. As far as the doggies go, they should be able to be on our family plan for insurance. It is rediculous the cost of just an office call. Hope doggies tests come back great!

I need to harvest lettuce tonight, but it is so dang hot out there. If I don't it is going to get too big and taste odd.

Better get this posted.

HI JAVA...glad you checked in!! Hope your day is going well.
  • Evening all,
    Too late for a full post unfortunately. Things are busy here.
    Sophia is coming along, although still breathing erratically but not stoppages. Apparently she is being dosed on caffeine to get things going. I offered to take her out for a coffee, but apparently that doesn't work.

Back tomorrow.

• MORNING CHICKS.

I NEVER SAW A MONDAY FLY BY LIKE YESTERDAY'S.
    WENT TO THE OFFICE AND DID A FEW SMALL THINGS.
    CAME BACK UP AND GOT INVOLVED IN BILLS & SUCH.
    NEXT THING I KNEW IT WAS DINNERTIME.
    I WAS ABLE TO GET POUTSIDE FOR ABOUT 20 MINS.
    a BEAUTIFUL BREEZY & GORGEOUS DAY BEFORE THE "WAVE" CAME AND RUINED IT.
    LIFE IS GOOD BUT ALSO BORING. NO NEWS TO REPORT.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE.....HAD A LAUGH WITH "A GOOD DAY TO START A DIET".
    BUT I HOPE THE TUMMY ISSUES ARE GNE TODAY
    I KNOW THAT'S NOT FUN AT ALL. YA SEE...........
    FRESH VEGGIES & HEALTHY FOOD CAN KILL A PERSON!

LAURA.....COAL SEES A DR MORE THAN I DO!!
    WE NEED TO BUY HIM SOME DOGGIE MEDICAL INSURANCE!
    YOUR FRIEND SOUNDS LIKE SHE FINAGLED A GOD DEAL FOR HERSELF.
    HOPE SHE LIKES IT. I LOVE THAT WORD!!! ROFLMAO

MARY...... SAYING HELLO BACK TO THE TURTLE,
    HOPE THE PALEO PLAN IS WORKINGFOR YOU.
    I DID DR. BARRY SEAR'S ZONE DIET FOR ABOUT A YEAR.

HAPPY.....LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR. MUY DELICIOSO!!!
    THE MUSEUM MUST LOVE YOU & DH.
    BET THEY ARE GLAD YOU MOVED TO TOWN!
    THE SENIORS HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A VICTORY GARDEN....
    THEY CALL IT SQUARE FOOT GARDENING CAUSE OF THE SHOWS THEY WATCHED ON PBS TV.
    I TRIED TO GET THEM RAISED GARDEN BEDS BUT MONEY GOT CUT OFF.
    IT WAS THE SAME TIME AS THE ECONOMY FELL.
    I WAS HOPING TO TRY FOR NEXT SUMMER. GLAD YOU REMINDED ME!!
    HAVE A GOOD DAY BUT STAY COOL!

SHAD.....OHHHHHHH.....SOPHIA AND I CAN GO TO STARBUCKS!!
    DOES SHE LIKE ICED COFFEE????
    KEEPING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR THE BABE
    FYI....I SENT A "WELCOME TO THE WORLD" BABY CARD TO SOPHIA TO YOUR ADDRESS.
    THIS WAY YOU CAN TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO?? THANKS.
  • Good morning ladies -

Just a quick check in as I only have a couple minutes before I have to leave for Day 2 of orientation for my new job. Day 1 went great!!

Today will be a bit shorter, and I'll get to see my desk and meet with my manager this afternoon, though I won't be doing any "real" work until tomorrow morning. I'm so happy to finally be working for this great company!

Much love and many hugs,
  • Good morning worldlies,

A storm rolled through early this morning and cooled things off. Too wet to do anything outside but all the windows are opened. Spent a good part of yesterday with an online site - hairstyler dot com where you upload a picture and try on hair styles. Although I don't want to, I think it's best if I get my hair cut short for the time being. After all, it will always grow back. But it was a tedious thing going through all the shots and sometimes the site and my browser would get funky and hang up. I think I've decided on a tolerable style, now to make an appointment with the salon. Went into the garage to put some things away and realized as the time is flying by that I only have about 10 more weeks before the cooler weather sets in so I'd better put some effort into tackling the boxes in the garage. If I'm going to try and sell some of this extra stuff, I should have it before September's Labor Day holiday before the summer crowds go home. Something to focus on. I have to make a list of things I need to attend to. Did call the retiree service center - this time from my job not DH's and tell them for the 3rd month in a row to stop sending me invoices for the insurance coverage I did not sign up for. The thing is, the girl I spoke with said she was the one who put through the cancellation order back on May 1 so who are you supposed to believe is screwing up? We are having the same issues with DH's place - ask them to do something and it doesn't get done.

Shad - giving Sophia caffeine???? Ain't that amazin' ??? I did enjoy the joke about you and Mel taking her out for coffee. Sorry you are too busy to breathe yourself but only a week more of this and then you can ease up for a bit.

Mel - Lovely Day - reminds me of a song on the soundtrack from the movie - The Bodyguard by Bill Withers. Such a pretty song...
    Then I look at you
    And the world's alright with me
    Just one look at you
    And I know it's gonna be
    A lovely day
    Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day

Too bad you can't write to a school or boy scouts or something to get some help putting in raised garden beds. Sounds like a perfect community project. Wouldn't take much in materials, maybe the local Ace Hardware could donate the wood and screws. Probably the most expensive thing is the dirt and compost mix to fill the beds. Guess you need to fill in a request first

Aren't those fruit cups cute on my avatar? But those are in lemon and lime halves. Even with larger citrus those are some tiny balls I see alot of foo foo stuff that I take pictures of in case I have the need to be inspired some day. Yesterday I made a pineapple salsa to go with our pan seared chicken (too much trouble to grill it so I just put it in a pan). The salsa was good - basic salsa ingredients of finely diced - red onion, small clove garlic, red bell pepper, cilantro, fresh pineapple chopped into smaller bits, a touch of salt and some fresh lime juice. I am not a chili person but I had purchased these small cubes of red chilies that you keep in the freezer and pop one as you need them. I decided to try it as the salsa calls for chopped and de-seeded jalapeno (which I could have pulled from the garden now that I think of it). The red chili was hot so I only used a half of the cube. Left the mix in the refrigerator to cool and blend flavors for about 30 minutes while I cooked the chicken and corn on the cob. It was a nice, light addition to the meal with just a bit of a kick from the red chili. I did have a little bit of a belly ache about an hour after dinner but it was just a twinge or two and I was fine.

Michelle - glad you are enjoying your orientation and you made it through the first day without the horror of thinking "OMG WHAT did I get myself into???? That's great that they take so much time to give your orientation - so many places just toss you in the pond and expect you to figure it out for yourself. I hope this job is everything you want it to be.

Annie - you must be living in the driest place on earth or maybe Indy is a sister city to Duluth, MN because the news keeps featuring that city on it's small filler bits of news. Yesterday they showed one enterprising paint company which is painting the brown strawlike lawns green - particularly at homes which are for sale to improve the curb appeal. The guy said it doesn't hurt the lawn and once it starts to grow out, it will just grow out and get mowed - just like our hair Someone was just talking about pumpkin growing and how this weather was stressing them but I can't remember the specifics because I don't have a big enough plot to grow pumpkins and am not the fan of eating them that Shad is.

It's still raining on and off which is good - we'll get a good soaking which is what we need. The rain washed air smells nice too.

Guess I'd better get dressed and get a move on here. Will catch up with the other chicks post later when they mosey on in...
  • I'm leaving in the morning to drive home. More later.
  • Afternoon everyone. Had two meetings that filled the morning. Another meeting coming up. Nothing much to report from here - hot as hades outside. No rain.

Ceejay - Have a safe drive home!

Happy - I liked your previous avatar and this one as well. This one looks so refreshing! I'll have to try that hairstyler site to see what might suit me. Bf is looking for new eyeglass frames and one of the sites he was on does the same thing. The salsa sounded delish. I get 4 weeks of vacation but I've never used more than 2 weeks at once. I could probably swing it (i.e., using more) if the timing were right.

Michelle - Hope Day 2 is going as well as Day 1 did. Our company doesn't really have orientation as much as a morning of completing paperwork.

Mel - Hope it's another nice day for you weatherwise - sure hope our heat doesn't end up out by you. Doggy already has med insurance, but we don't pay extra premium for the grooming/preventive types of services. Only the adequan injection will be covered...

Shad - Interesting about using caffeine to get Sophia's breathing regulated...if I understood that correctly.

Annie - If the Rose of Sharon survives this drought, no doubt about it eventually filling in your fence!

Java - How's the paleo diet going? Is it for you??

Hellos to Ellen and Patty!!
    ===
    Still nothing to report. I figured as long as we're straining the old pursestrings we may as well get the car in for its major servicing. Actually the brakes on one side are making a rubbing sound when applied, so it needs to get looke at. Tomorrow is the day.

Crap, time for my meeting!! Off I go.
  • Aftroon chicks! not much to report here, hotter then ever...heading out to my moms this afternoon and de-bugging the kids computer. Will also prob cut my sister's hair as it is really long and kinda dead. My SIL is coming over on Thursday to wash cloths and I willuse her for motivation to go thru clothes. have to get roling have a great night!!!
  • And the good news is:

Sophia is out of ICU and back in the special care neo natal unit at the hospital. She is beginning to take milk from the breast but hasn't got the sucking bit down pat yet. Hoping to take her home next week.

According to her doting dad, she is smiling and adorable. I'm sure he thinks she will be talking and walking by next week. Must have been the coffee that did it.