IP Chocolate drink alternative

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Has anyone found a good alternative for the IP chocolate drink mix? Not the ready to drink boxes, but the packets of the chocolate drink. I love them and they are not restricted, but 30 bucks a box is a little steep for me
  • I buy the ready to drink chocolate protein shakes from Costco. Called premier nutrition. 30g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cal, 3g fat.
    Box of 18 is $28. Very delicious too which is important
  • But I think she's specifically looking for the mix - not the ready to drink ...

Quote: I buy the ready to drink chocolate protein shakes from Costco. Called premier nutrition. 30g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cal, 3g fat.
  • I just tried the "chocoRite" shake mix. Very good!! It blends up nice with water, get think like IP, the chocolate fudge brownie is a lot like IP, they have several flavours, tried a scoop of the chocolate with a scoop of peanut butter last night. Yum. 150 cal, fat 3, carb 8, fiber 5, sugar 0, protein 24. I got mine at sugar free and more in Red Deer AB. It is an American product though made be Healthsmart Foods. I am sure it can be found on some of the low carb sites.
  • Yes exactly I'm looking for the powder chocolate drink

We drink the vanilla Costco Premier shakes for breakfast, but I notice they have more calories than the IP and they are larger at 11 oz compared to IP's which are 8 oz.

Just had my weigh in and didn't lose again... These Costco shakes and pure protein bars are the only alternatives I've been using. Wonder if they are causing me to not lose? Shake for breakfast at 7 am, bar at about 10:30, salad (lettuce only) and red pepper as cucumber for veggies at lunch + costco shake for protein and hamburger, 2 cups zucchini and mushrooms for dinner. Can't figure out where I'm going wrong
  • Quote: Yes exactly I'm looking for the powder chocolate drink

We drink the vanilla Costco Premier shakes for breakfast, but I notice they have more calories than the IP and they are larger at 11 oz compared to IP's which are 8 oz.

Just had my weigh in and didn't lose again... These Costco shakes and pure protein bars are the only alternatives I've been using. Wonder if they are causing me to not lose? Shake for breakfast at 7 am, bar at about 10:30, salad (lettuce only) and red pepper as cucumber for veggies at lunch + costco shake for protein and hamburger, 2 cups zucchini and mushrooms for dinner. Can't figure out where I'm going wrong
    The bars have too many calories and too much protein. I'd buy from one of the other websites. IP bars have under 200cals, 12g or so of Carbs, and 15g or so Protein.

The drinks have 30g protein, where as IP is max 15. Try doing only one a day or splitting them.
  • Is 30g protein too much? Especially if I don't have my third protein a day?
  • Sounds Yummy!
  • Quote: I buy the ready to drink chocolate protein shakes from Costco. Called premier nutrition. 30g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cal, 3g fat.
    I know the original poster asked about mixes and this is a RTD but I wanted to comment on this product.
    On another board someone posted that The Premier Nutition; Ideal Protein and Dr. Berenstien RTDs are all the same product. Apparently a company makes these for all three.
    A difference is that the Premier Nutrion drinks are 11 ounces and IP and Dr. B are 8 ounces.

Pat
  • I've been ordering ProtiDiet Hot Cocoa drink packets 7 per box $ 10.95 from Nashua Nutrition. I like the flavor at least as much as IP, if not a little more. The other thing I like about the hot drinks is that you don't have to shake them. I put the mix in my mug, add about 1 inch of coffee and stir to dissolve, then top off with coffee and it's good to go.
    I've also tried some other flavors like amaretto, and irish creme... love them all.
  • http://www.amazon.com/Health-Smart-F.../dp/B000QAF8LU

http://www6.netrition.com/healthsmar...in_shakes.html
  • I used the Premier Nutrition RTD shakes throughout my program and lost weight steadily during the time I was using them.
    I try to get 30 grams of protein in at breakfast as that was recommended to a friend who had weight loss surgery.
    Does IP actually have an upper limit on how much protein you have at a meal? I was aiming for the same # of grams as half of whatever my current weight was in a day. Now in maintainence at 130 I aim for at least 65 grams a day.
  • That's the one. I really like it! I pay 24$ a bag for it here. 11 servings in a bag, but I usually get a little more than that.
  • Has anyone tried this one:
    http://www.dietdirect.com/carbthin-z...althsmart.html
    It has 100 cal, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 fiber, flavored with sucralose. Has 5 reviews and seems well liked although 5 isn't a lot of reviewers.
  • Quote: Is 30g protein too much? Especially if I don't have my third protein a day?
    You stated you have a Shake for breakfast, bar for snack, shake for snack, and then dinner. I think its too much protein. Especially if you're doing the bars costco sells too- because those are something like 20g of protein and 200cals. So you're consuming something like 90g in just the processed stuff, which doesn't include your dinner protein.

It's just my opinion, so take it or leave it