IP Daily Chat Friday 6/29/12

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Good morning all!
    Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

• Down to 175

10 more to go and I'll be in business.

Have to go pick up the boat this morning at the shop once my help gets here. Hopefully I'll get out on the reservoir tomorrow and Sunday...then the boat goes back in for new coils & a water separator on Monday.
  • Quote: Down to 175

Have to go pick up the boat this morning at the shop once my help gets here. Hopefully I'll get out on the reservoir tomorrow and Sunday...then the boat goes back in for new coils & a water separator on Monday.
    Awesome work, skinny!

Remember parade tomorrow. So Main St. Will be closed and a mess from 9-1 or 2.

• Good morning my IP family!
    VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
    Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
    As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

• Quote: Good morning my IP family!
    VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
    As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.
    wow! I would have thought this was 2 different people. You look great!
  • Quote: Awesome work, skinny!

Remember parade tomorrow. So Main St. Will be closed and a mess from 9-1 or 2.

Thanks bud!

I did an online BMI calculator and I'm at 26.25.....Apparently somewhere between 22 and 25 is ideal so that's what I'm shooting for.

Oh boy.....wonder if Stowe's parade is tomorrow too?

I'm putting in at the State Park ramp in Waterbury center so I shouldn't have to go down into town
  • Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!

I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.

I WANT to be at goal. I don't want to quit... I just need to keep telling myself that!!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
  • Quote: Good morning all!
    Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

Thank you for starting the thread and congratulations on your WI! You are truly an inspiration!

Quote: Down to 175

Congratulations and it sure sounds like you are enjoying your boat this summer!! Lucky you!!

Quote: Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!

I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.

I WANT to be at goal. I don't want to quit... I just need to keep telling myself that!!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
    Good for you; I hope you make your goal! I am sure you can do it!!

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Dakin

Good morning my IP family!

As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.[QUOTE]
    You look Marvelous Dahling!!! Good job!
  • Good morning IPers.

Dakin, wow, what a change. Thought it was two different people. Well, I guess I was. It's a new you. Way to go.

Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.

Have either a cookie or bar for breakfast on the road and then Subway for lunch. Will have dinner out somewhere when we arrive since we have not done shopping and the refrigerator has been unplugged.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
    Molly

• Morning
    Morning Everyone!!!! TGIF!!!

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha
    Today I feel good so far.

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few.
  • Happy Friday IPeeps!
    Wishing you the best day of the week and wonderful WI's today!! I am sitting right at 170 so hoping to go into a new decade of the 60's soon! I remember that era well it's when I was a teenager! Can't wait to get back there!
    I just want to tell you all how special you are and what a great job you're all doing. This is not an easy path but it is simple and if we follow the plan it works! You all inspire me daily. THANK YOU!
  • I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home?

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.
  • Quote: Good morning IPers.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
    Molly
    Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend!
  • Good morning all, well the holiday is almost here, last year I dreaded it cause it meant sweating like a pig in the Florida sun, this year, my attitude has changed and I'm looking forward to going to the beach and playing in the surf, IP rocks! Have a great day everyone