1 green onion, sliced
    1 garlic cloves, sliced
    1.5 cups chicken broth
    Fresh herbs: parsley, dill, thyme
    salt and pepper to taste
    dash red pepper flakes
    2 oz milk

Method:

Heat zucchini, cucumber, celery, orange bell pepper, green onion, garlic and herbs in broth until soft and the liquid is reduced. Puree veggies in batches in a blender until smooth. Add back to the pot and Stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste. About 1-2 servings
    I had this soup for dinner and added my cut up steak to it. Wow, it was just so good! Thanks!
  • Quote: I used some of tonight's dinner protein allowance and made myself a 'starter' by mixing 2 oz of shrimp with the ingredients given above. It was delicious. And by adding on that extra course it made me feel like I was eating more..... took longer to finish dinner.
    what a GREAT idea to have a little starter portion!!! i'm gonna remember that!!! thank YOU!!

Quote: I had this soup for dinner and added my cut up steak to it. Wow, it was just so good! Thanks!
    didn't you just love the creamy goodness of it!! yum!!

i love making food that tastes as good as it looks!!
  • Quote: I can't remember who the poster was.... but I distinctly recall someone reporting in at least a couple of months ago that their coach had been to a regional IP meeting, and came back with the news that either celery or cukes (or both) were now free. But it does seem like it's not universally 'known' by all coaches so I guess it's safer to err on the side of caution until one's coach actually passes along that approval.
    I love making courses too, especially on IP. I'm one pf those who needs to feel full.

Quote: what a GREAT idea to have a little starter portion!!! i'm gonna remember that!!! thank YOU!!

Rainbow, again, thanks for these recipes. They are dynamite!
  • Quote: I love making courses too, especially on IP. I'm one pf those who needs to feel full.

Rainbow, again, thanks for these recipes. They are dynamite!
    you are very welcome chloe
  • Quote: what a GREAT idea to have a little starter portion!!! i'm gonna remember that!!! thank YOU!!

I think your shrimp salad concoction will be a frequent 'starter' addition to my dinner menu. And I'm definitely making the zucchini soup. I've been looking for a good recipe - and there it is! Thanks!
  • Quote: I had this soup for dinner and added my cut up steak to it. Wow, it was just so good! Thanks!
    Does it matter what kind of broth??? Just wondering as some have a lot of salt, which ones are ok?
  • My clinic does not have them as free. I have also used 1 c cucumber as one veggie for a loooong time.
    I do use pickles as free, but I don't eat them every day...
  • I love cukes, onions, and cauliflower all tossed in olive oil and vinegar with salt and pepper. (seasalt of course) Sometimes I will add some Italian spices, sometimes I'll add red pepper flakes. It's a great way to get in my veggies and olive oil. I will even pour it over spinach leaves to make a salad and the vinegar and oil serve as the dressing.