Curry Chicken and "Rice"

• I'm not one to experiment in the kitchen, but that is a habit I am trying to change. I created this recipe today when I "needed" some Thai food. Not authentic, but really good.

Curry Chicken and "Rice (Serves one for dinner)

"rice"

1 1/2 c raw shredded cauliflower
    1/4 tsp coconut extract
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    2 pinches salt

Toss cauliflower with oil, extract and salt. Dry Fry in non stick pan until tender. Put on serving Dish.

Curry chicken

1 cup shredded chicken breast
    1/2 tsp coconut extract
    1 tsp curry powder or more, I used the palm of my hand.
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    1/4 cup. finely shredded red bell pepper
    A splash or two of water
    1/2 tsp olive oil

While heating oil in wok, stir together all ingredients adding only enough water to make sure the chicken and spices are evenly distributed. Pour into wok and stir until the water is gone and the chicken is hot through.

Serve chicken mix over cauliflower "rice" and top with green onion slices. The sesame seeds only add 17 calories and less than a gram of carb (0.7 grams) to this meal and really make a difference in taste.

I didn't have coconut oil, so used the extract to bring on the taste. Very good substitute.
  • mmm sounds great!
  • yummm!!!!!!!!!!!! great idea using the coconut extract too!!!
  • Yum I do this all the time, actually. I mix cauliflower rice with shrimp, meat, chicken, etc.. and it's delicious and filling. Sometimes I'll save my 4 cups of veggies so I can eat more "rice".
  • Quote: Yum I do this all the time, actually. I mix cauliflower rice with shrimp, meat, chicken, etc.. and it's delicious and filling. Sometimes I'll save my 4 cups of veggies so I can eat more "rice".
    This was the first time I ever tried the cauliflower "rice", I have avoided it for years because it just sounded so weird. But I can tell I will be using it again.
  • Quote: This was the first time I ever tried the cauliflower "rice", I have avoided it for years because it just sounded so weird. But I can tell I will be using it again.
    Yes, it's awesome! I make it with the food processor It's kinda more like couscous than rice, but it's awesome all the same. Same with cauliflower puree with garlic <3