Beach Chat Monday 18th

• Online early so thought i would start this. been up since 3.30am don't know why I was just awake. I am waiting for the tv guy to come and set up our sat tv, we are in a bad reception area for normal tv so thought we would have the sat. just had nat yoghurt and coffee for breakfast , and will be tuna and veggies for lunch to make it easy when i start to flag . off to put the laundry in now . hope everyone has a good day on the beach
  • Good morning, Eileen. I love it when somebody is already in here and has started us up. Of course, you are five hours ahead of me so ... I hope the TV dude shows on time.

Fibre1, yogurt and strawberries on the menu for my breakfast today and then I'm off to the gym. (I've got pretty sore muscles this morning from digging yesterday so will do a gentler routine.) We're at 63ºF/17ºC right now but it's heading for hot, hot, hot tomorrow for the rest of the week. I'll be going out early in the mornings this week to water my new plantings to keep their "toes" cool.

So gym first and then figure out how to fill my day, never a problem around here. I might even finally figure out Jazz's escape route. He's been gong out on the long lead which is a nuisance as he can get "caught" in the tiniest thing like a clump of grass. He sits there and whimpers until I rescue him when a good tug would do it.

Off to start the day. It's No Moaning Monday, right?
  • Good morning. I promise not to moan, but is a big yawn permissible?
  • Good morning early Beachers I actually managed to get a little more sleep after my 4 am wake-up today. hope that's a new trend for me.

It's my day off so lots of errands to do and friends to catch-up with. The heat will be here Wed. so time to get those tank tops out of storage.

looking around for my friend Weezle. Bet she will be poking her head in here today too

Hope your week is off to a good start!
  • Good morning chicks! Looks like everyone is up and a bit chatty this AM.

It was amazing - we went camping this weekend, and it didn't rain. Not. one. drop. Stunning for our family!! It was truly a beautiful weekend, couldn't ask for better weather, and now it's back to reality.

I was quite dreading a couple of dentals this AM (because the one was likely to be very involved), and the xray processor is down, so they had to postpone it. Oh. darned.

And, I actually slept in until 7 am, so only a few minutes til I wake up the kids. Wait - one woke up before me!!??

I'm not sure how I got that little down thumb up there...oops!! Must've slipped somewhere!
  • Good morning. We are supposed to be in for a nice day here, but overcast at the moment. Slept in until the garbage men woke up the neighborhood which was good because we lost power last night. I really need to replace the back up battery in my alarm clock.

Today I will spin, make shopping list, laundry and later take a ride north to my friend's house. We are going to walk the Rip Van Winkle Bridge and then a movie.

Today is my relax day. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be spent in the city going to the funeral services. On a happier note, today was my weekly weigh in, I lost a whopping 2 pounds and am currently 1 pound under my goal weight!
  • Good Morning

I'm still here...trying...despite a less than stellar food day yesterday. Must run...I should be in the car right now heading to work.

Jennifer, congrats on a fantastic weigh in which puts you under your goal weight!

everyone else!
  • Hello!!! sorry I've been MIA. Working alot. And now caught a cold Hopefully I'm strong enough to kick it in one day.

Jekel - congrats!! you must be super slim, being nice and tall and only 145!! I am sorry i missed about 'funeral services'..best wishes

Hi to everyone else, I thought I have been horribly off plan but am holding at 143. Every day is another chance to recommit and i do try.

Ruth thanks for the reminder to water early before the heat comes. My heirloom peonies are blooming now, they are from roots over 100 years old, smell like the sweetest roses, and I cherish them. My annuals have taken hold and are now starting to thrive (lots of Miracle-Gro also) so every day I pick over 20 pansies to take to work to garnish desserts.

I have off today so I will do a long workout, and then boring housework. Have a great day and I will try to check in daily, it does help doesn't it!!

(oh I have to confess I got popped for speeding AGAIN, this time on the motorcycle. The officer 'gave me a break' but still a fine and points on license. He asked 'what's your hurry' and I said 'breakfast for 87' so maybe he did realize the hurry in that situation )
  • Congrats Jennifer! Awesome job!
  • Good morning.

Jennifer - Good for you!!!!

Debbie - My yesterday was also, well, "less than stellar" would be an understatement. Darn holidays and my ensuing lack of willpower.

I've been to body sculpt class at the gym, then came home and road my bike indoors for 20 minutes. It is soooo hard to get back a cardio routine after 6 months with NONE. Sigh. Going to be the hottest day of the year so far today. I think I'll stay home in the a/c.
  • ARRRGGGHHHH I totally posted earlier and it's not showing up. Cliff Notes version:

Sunburnt
    Moo
    Tired
    I'm back.

SIGH.

Lisa
  • PS Hot Dog Salad = success. I tweaked it some (twice the lettuce, half the pickle, 2 t. oil rather than 2.5 T., etc) but it went over very well with Anna. Of course we used veggie dogs, but still. She said it tasted like Chicago-style hot dogs. SUCCESS!
  • good evening,

so I am into swiss chard because it is growing like crazy. Found this on the website: http://www.food.com/recipes/chard. I made the crustless goat cheese quiche and it looks lovely. Can't wait to have it for breakfast tomorrow.
    take care
    Sophie