Brand new to maintaining!

• Hey all! I offically reached goal as of today and now its time to start this leg of the journey. I have no idea what to do as far as maintainance so I plan to be doing A LOT of research and may need your guys support and guidance
  • Hi and welcome! I am very new to maintaining also, so not a lot of "help" from me other than to point you to all of the long-time maintainers.

And i read somewhere on here someone say, "Maintenance is still like losing weight. It isn't a break. You are losing and gaining the same 3 pounds over and over." That is 100% my experience so far.

Good luck!
  • thank you chickichicks! thanks for the heads up about the battle of the 3lbs so I don't freak out when my weight shoots back up
  • Hey there, SoCal! Welcome, and congrats on your loss!

I can second the 'battle of 3 pounds' sentiment, or 5 in my case... LOL. I find I work better with a range rather than a set point.

Check us out in the weekly chat!
  • Welcome!

You'll find that you still have to be diligent about your eating habits while maintaining. Those of us who have been less than diligent are back on the dieting bandwagon. The analogy of losing and gaining the same 3 pounds is about right!
  • Welcome ! I wish I could say that you will diet get to goal and never have to worry about your weight again , I would be a liar if I did that.No, you still have work to do. I still plan my meals for the day, still keep a food log, in other words as a wise maintainer told me when I reached goal. You maintain it the same way you lost it. I know what happens when I fail to plan and get complacent. Allison is exactly right when she says we must be diligent or we will be starting over again , fortunately I can start over anytime and don't have to go back to day one.