C25K graduate!!!

• Well on Sunday night I graduated from the C25K program!!! Yay!! This is such a huge thing for me! The mere fact that I actually stuck with it for 9 weeks steadily is a miracle in itself!!! I didt have to repeat any weeks - I was actually able to complete them all! We are a bit slower than the pace they suggest - our last run we went 4.2k (including our warm up and cool down) in 40 minutes... That's not bad I dont think! It's definitely doable and I'm going to be ready for the Color Run in July!!
  • yay!! I am too. I was thinking the other day that I still don't love running, and how I'm not very good at it but then I remembered that in February I couldn't run at all! I ran for my 45 seconds and thought I was going to suffocate and die and that my shins were going to sheer in half.

Now I can run a mile or 2 if I want to, 3 if I have to...

Congratulations!!
  • Way to go!! bet that feels GREAT! keep at it!
  • Congrats!!! I recently became a member of the 5K running club (after doing c25k) and I can tell you -- it feels wonderful to be able to run 3 miles. Never, ever in a million years thought it was possible but here I am, doing it.

My head often wants to give up before my legs do - I find that mind-game I play with myself much harder than the actual running part. But I just keep telling myself "just another couple of minutes" or "just another .3 miles and you're done" or "push it just a bit right now and you can beat your last time". Keep going and know that others are in the same shoes you are! Keep up the great work!!
  • CONGRATS GRADUATE.....I graduated about 2 weeks ago and I've done 3-4 5k runs since then It feels great doesn't it. I remember staying up at night thinking about the dreaded W5. I still can't believe that I've run a 5k distance more than once. CELEBRATE....You earned it
  • Congratulations! What a tremendous success!!! You must be so proud of yourself!

This plan is fantastic, is it not? I am on W4 now and dreading W5, while at the same time I am incredibly proud of breaking my all-life attitude of hating exercise and thinking running was NOT for me. I like it. No, I LOVE it!

Where do you plan to go from here? Do you want to keep on running 5k three times a week, or do you want to further increase the distance you run?
  • Thanks everyone!!

Free1 - I did the same thing... When I started week 5 was all I could think about and I kept saying 'I can't run for 20 minutes!'. It actually caused me a lot of anxiety, but I was able to do it no problem!!!

Ronja - right now my room mate and I are working on time. Weve mapped out 5k and are just going to keep running that for a decent time. I have my first 5k July 22 (eeeek can't wait!!!!!) so we want to have a decent time for that. It's not a timed run, but I would still like to run it! Haha. I think after we get a good time down then were going to continue on to the c210k! This year were doing the color run and dirty girl mud run, next year is the warrior dash and then 2014/2015 maybe tough mudder! (eeeeek for sure!! Haha)
  • Congrats Peachiee! I'm in week 4 and signed up for the Tampa Color Run in December yesterday.

Have fun and enjoy it =) I love running and wish I'd been able to keep it up my last 2 trips thorough C25K.
  • Great job! You give me inspiration to keep my training going!
  • Congrats!!! I'm only on week 2, but I'm gonna make it happen! Thanks for the bit of inspiration!
  • That's so fabulous!! I just started my first day today. I'm inspired!