Where's my 50+ newbies? Week 1

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • cscape and skimmer...you are both doing great!! Makes me want to consider the IP plan....but I have to cook for my husband, and his idea of food isn't low calorie, and I am afraid I wouldn't be able to handle the temptation. As it is, I try to watch the amount I eat. Still waiting on his settlement. I think I will feel much better when this is over. He saw his lawyer last week and everything is go...except waiting for the release from the doctor, and he sees him on Tuesday. This has been a long haul for us...him off work for over a year total.

That is interesting about your knee, Skimmer. I may have to check into that myself, as soon as I am able.

My energy has been so low. I don't know if it is depression, the heat, my knee, my weight....or a combination of all of them. I am making myself get out and do a little but I can't stay outside very long.
  • Good Morning!
    Hi everyone! A big "way to go" out to Skimmer, an cscape, you girls are doing great. Skimmer, I had one of those shots, and they do help! My knees are a problem for me too. Sorry to hear your back is acting up Byu, but glad you stayed off the pain pills! I have WI tomorrow, we'll see what happens! Keep your fingers crossed! Have a great week, I need to get a ticker, I'll have to figure it out... TTYL
  • Skimmer..40 lb is awesome!!!!
    So Happy for You,
  • ShoBan, go to tickerfactory.com and click on weight loss. Then you can choose your bar, and then your slider. It pretty much walks you through the process. Got my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

I forced myself to go outside and work a little. I didn't feel like it, but once I got out there, I was okay. The temp is a little lower, but it rained this morning, so the humidity is sky high, but I have done so little in the past few weeks that I was seriously getting worried about myself. I am going to cool off a little bit and have a cold drink of water and go back out in a little bit.
  • Monday, July 9th
    Good morning everyone!! Just got back from WI, waved goodbye to 5.8 lbs! I am so grateful I found IP and 3FC. Everyone is so encouraging to each other, see, there are good people in this ol' world! Byu, thanks for the ticker prompts, I will attempt it. It's HOT here too, yesterday 103, and there was smoke in the valley, so somewhere there's a fire. This is a bad fire season. Well gals, keep up the good work, and keep in touch! TTYL
  • Big congrats, ShoBan!! You are doing terrific!!!
  • Newbie to site
    I don't know about IP, but I am on my first day of another food plan. It is also low carb and extremely healthy. I have had a great first day! I have also been attending OA and tomorrow I start a yoga class for flexibility, strength, etc.
    I used this healthy food plan before and I was able to stay on it for 18 months. I lost 183 pounds. Sadly, I slipped back into unhealthy eating and gained about forty of it back. But it is definitely do- able and it is not a diet really-- just a healthy way of eating. I think I can stay on it for life if I can deal with the compulsive overeating disease aspects of my crazy brain. OA will help with that.

--Psychobab
  • Sorry-- I meant 83 pounds I lost. --Psychobab
  • Welcome Psychobab!
    This is just a little thread to get acquainted with some friendly people, we're all looking and striving, to improve our health,and the support really helps! 83 pounds is quite an accomplishment! Stay in touch, and welcome aboard!
  • Newbie- 4th week completed
    My WI # 4 was on Fri, and I'm down 3.8 lb for the week, bringing my total loss to 20 lb in 4 weeks. I am thrilled .. I did find I was more hungry in this week, and that I craved salt. Probably due to the heat. I also found myself longing for those forbidden foods like ice cream and fried seafood while I was at the beach. I need to find time to stay connected to these boards..you all are such a support to help me stay on track.
  • Wk 6 WI on IP
    My WI could have been better, only 1.5, yikes, but I did lose 2 3/4", so that helps! And, like you cscape, I had longings for something like a treat. So, this am, I asked my coach to let me try the choc. soy puffs. I haven't had any of the bars or puffs before. So if I can have this when everybody else is having popcorn(which I love), I can have MY treat,and feel like I'm not losing out! Does anyone else use the snacks, and do you think it slows down your progress? I'd really like to know. Well onward and upward! Have a great week all!!
  • Restricted foods..slowing progress...
    Quote: My WI could have been better, only 1.5, yikes, but I did lose 2 3/4", so that helps! And, like you cscape, I had longings for something like a treat. So, this am, I asked my coach to let me try the choc. soy puffs. I haven't had any of the bars or puffs before. So if I can have this when everybody else is having popcorn(which I love), I can have MY treat,and feel like I'm not losing out! Does anyone else use the snacks, and do you think it slows down your progress? I'd really like to know. Well onward and upward! Have a great week all!!
    I use the bars occasionally, and never eat them for evening snack as they are higher in carbs, and slightly lower in protein. The coaches at my clinic say eating the snacks (or restricted foods) will not slow your weight loss as long as you only have 1 a day. However, I've been choosing the high protein IP products with the lesser carbs and seem to be doing good. I don't want to lose just 2 lb/wk as I could have done that with other food plans for a lot less money.
  • Feel Great
    Quote: Hi, I'm ShoBan, on wk 1. I'm liking the IP plan so far, I would like to have some feedback from other newbies (50+) on how you are doing? I'm also pre-diabetic. thanks to anyone who replies! and TGIF
    Hi Sho Ban
    I just started Week 4 on IP (but new to 3FC) and have lost 16.4 lbs. I am 62 years old, have not not exercised, feel great, energized, not hungry (was the 1st week). Good Luck. I have already gone off of two of my medicines.
  • Welcome Bluesky!
    Welcome! I'm on wk. 6, and the success of IP really keeps me motivated, plus the online support, from 3FC, is amazing. I came up with a yummy drink, with the Pina Colada mix, I used extra water, 16 oz, then put a portion, not alot ,of crystal light, raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, was the "bomb" lol. You might have to adjust it to your liking, but I thought it was the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found. yummy, jus' sharing, have a great day!!
  • Welcome Bluesky!
    Welcome! I'm on wk. 6, and the success of IP really keeps me motivated, plus the online support, from 3FC, is amazing. I came up with a yummy drink, with the Pina Colada mix, I used extra water, 16 oz, then put a portion, not alot ,of crystal light single pkts., raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, was the "bomb" lol. You might have to adjust it to your liking, but I thought it was the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found. yummy, jus' sharing, have a great day!!