Weekend Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday June 2nd & 3rd 2012

You're on Page 7 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: All you wise wise folk!! I need some advice. We're getting geared up for summer camping. Breakfast and noon lunch is a no brainier for me, but do you have any ideas for some dinners? I'm thinking protein as per normal and veggies either sautéed or steamed. But what do you eat when the family is having a weiner roast or burgers? I guess I could pack along some individual portions of protein for those nights, but I am looking for some more ideas! Thanks!!!!
    Have your bbq burger (xtra lean) and use grilled portabello mushroom caps as your "bun" . Grilled steak sliced and wrapped in lettuce leaves with WF bbq sauce ..yummmm. or for late nite roasting slice steak (save an ounce or so from dinner) and skewer or thread on stick or kabob and roast on campfire pit. Use WF bbq to dip it into....... good luck...and have FUN!!!!
  • I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
  • I have been doing my own version of IP for a little over 4 weeks, really didn't care for the taste of most of their packets except the omelet and vanilla or chocolate drinks and the cost was too much for my budget.

Anyway, it's been a little over 4 weeks and I have lost 15.5 pounds!

I tried on all of my dress slacks last night and none of them, NONE of them fit anymore! YIKES! Also had to add some skirts to the pile...I am waiting to shop for dress slacks until closer to the start of school in the fall to see where I am at.

I am already under my goal that I had though I wanted to get to and thinking I will keep at it and see if I can get down about 8 more pounds. I have never been able to lose weight like this and I started IP because I needed to lose the 8-10 pounds I had been yo-yo'ing for the past 2-3 years. In the past I have always gone back to WW and points eating but always hit a plateau with that.

I am sort of amazed how easy it is to do the protein and low carbs eating. I am so much more aware of what I am and am not eating as well.

I had to travel for work last week and I stayed IP fairly easily, just made good choices from what was being served on the buffet. We ate out each evening and I was able to get steamed broccoli with either steak or chicken and brought some WF dressing packets and also some bars just in case I needed them. I also picked up some 100 calorie packets of almonds which I would have when everyone else was having the chocolate snacks.

I plan to try to continue to eat protein and low carb until I am where I can get and see how it goes.
  • Good morning IPers. So far a beautiful morning.

On our way home. Car chase was a dead end. The car was junk. I so hate when people grossly misrepresent what they have when you're driving 500+ miles to make a deal. This is not our first time this has happened, but our longest trip doing it.

Here's a great laugh. I had a pudding pack to have for my snack last night. We were in the motel room. No spoon, fork, only a stirrer from the coffee machine in the room. Okay, so it stirs the pudding, but eat with it. LOL. It did work. Not very fast, but then that can be advantage as you draw out and enjoy your snack more.

Have a great day. We'll be on the road all day.
    Molly
  • Quote: I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
    Congratulations on reaching 50! Cadu and myself just made that this week too, we breezed through another milestone!

Quote: Good morning IPers. So far a beautiful morning.

On our way home. Car chase was a dead end. The car was junk. I so hate when people grossly misrepresent what they have when you're driving 500+ miles to make a deal. This is not our first time this has happened, but our longest trip doing it.

Here's a great laugh. I had a pudding pack to have for my snack last night. We were in the motel room. No spoon, fork, only a stirrer from the coffee machine in the room. Okay, so it stirs the pudding, but eat with it. LOL. It did work. Not very fast, but then that can be advantage as you draw out and enjoy your snack more.

Molly
    Sorry about the lemon, love the visual eating pudding though! Btw, I am putting something in the mail for you tomorrow! Been crazy lately, but I swear the shirts will get to you!
  • Quote: Yes my coach knows. I will talk with oncologist this week. I haven't actually started yet. Monday is my start date. I am 8 yrs. cancer free.
    That is wonderful. My Hairy Cell Leukemia was gone years and came back in 2010. It is is in remission again.
  • Quote: I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
    Congratulations What a wonderful milestone!!

Quote: Good morning IPers. So far a beautiful morning.

Molly
    You crack me up!! Did you guys have a fun road trip anyway?
  • Quote: Had WI #6 and am down 3.2, 5.25" for a total of 21.3# and 15"!!
    Went wedding dress shopping today, it felt good to fit into the smaller sizes!
    Woo Hoo So happy for you WI and your wedding It just feels good!!!
  • 2-days of replies
    Quote: Had my WI and lost 2.4. Yippee, especially after 0 last week
    Molly~ Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry the car wasn't everything you hoped it'd be

Quote: Off to run my massive garage sale! Need to make some more money for our alaskan trip!
    How'd your sale go? Mine is going to pick up again today I think, but I'm still exhausted from yesterday.

Quote: I read through the whole Phase 3 thread last night and prepped a good shopping list. I am so excited for breakfast on monday! Already planning on having a PBJ as a part of it
    PB&J Sammich...omnomnomnom! I can't wait until I'm down enough to reincorporate some of my favorite foods

Quote: Last week I had almost all soups, and while I like them, I would never get around to eating them until I ate one packet with a salad at 7pm and my meat and veggie meal with a packet at 10 pm. I am hoping that by getting myself easier packets to make, I will eat them in more evenly spaced intervals and that will kick my weight loss into gear. I think that my small weight loss was caused by having all of my meals at once.
    I'd definitely say that eating ALL your food at one point during the day could slow down the loss. If I forget to eat my 3rd packet during the day my weight slows down as well. Try to "make" time between that breakfast and 3:00PM for at least a RTD or a bar, esp if you only eat again once during the night.

Quote: Good morning Friends,
    This morning the three dogs would not let me sleep in; they seem to dictate when I can and cannot get up. It is pouring down rain and that means I am stuck inside; I melt in it. No just don't care for it; but I guess we need it at least I don't have to turn on the sprinklers and that saves.
    I know your pain when it comes to dogs, we have 2, and they firmly believe in NOT sleeping in it seems!

Quote: Good Morning Everybody!
    Will be leaving soon for my Niece's Bachelorette party in Atlantic City. I will remain 100%. no worries. I am excited to gamble, dance, laugh and kick up my heels.
    Have a super fun time Carol!!!

Quote: Dreary, rainy day here today. Had WI #4 this morning and down another 2.8lbs. I am so loving IP!!!
    Now for TMI, still constipated every week and when I take the Novi Lax it kills my stomach so only taking 2 a week. Doing great losing but wondering if I could be losing more if I find something more natural to help things move daily. Any opinions or advice would be great. My coach is checking with the doctor they are connected with and hopefully he will have a few suggestions.
    I use more EVOO than recommended, closer to a tablespoon a day, and I'm "regular" to the point that I have my shake every morning at 08:45, and at 9:15 I'm in the bathroom and then not again until the next morning. I could dang near set a clock by it.

Quote: Sooo I haven't gone to the clinic to officially start my program yet. I am going on the 15th. But on the 29th I began cutting things out and doing IP on my own and so far I have lost 4.6 lbs!! Although it seems like little I haven't been able to lose any past few months After every 10 pounds I lose I'm buying a pandora charm...im getting closer than i thought!
    Great job! I'm doing a charm bracelet as well, one charm per 5 pounds (it's not Pandora, but it's mine )

I get my next charm at 20 pounds, which will be 174.8 (started 194.8) and is only a bare 1.2 pounds from where I am this morning, although I weigh in tomorrow and don't see me losing 1.2 pounds in a day, but hey, who knows right?

Quote: I am now officially down 10% of my body weight and people are just now starting to notice. I cannot believe the inches lost in such a short time.
    Great job with the loss!! I'm still not to 10% loss yet, but I'll get there someday...hopefully in the next week or two.

Quote: What if you use lactose free since lactose is considered a sugar...??
    I think the idea is to not drink milk or have dairy in general. It's not just the sugar, milk and cheeses are usually notoriously high in fat (think ATKINS, you can have dairy on that right? But ATKINS allowed higher fat content than IP does). Also, here's the nutritional breakdown from Lactaid,a popular lactose free milk:
    LACTAID FIT & CREAMY™ Lowfat Milk
    Serving Size 1cup (240mL)
    Serving Per Container 8
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 120 Calories From Fat 20
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2.5g 4%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 15mg 5%
    Sodium 120mg 5%
    Potassium 420mg 12%
    Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 12g
    Protein 10g 20%
    Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 35% • Iron 0%
    Riboflavin 25% • Vitamin D 25%
    Vitamin B12 25% • Phosphorus 30%
    This product has 2.5g fat, regular whole milk has 8g fat per serving.
    Ingredients:
    ultra-filtered lowfat milk, lactase enzyme*, vitamin A palmitate and vitamin D3
    *Ingredient not in regular milk.

So it still has 12g of sugar in a serving, along with 12g of carbs. It is BETTER than regular milk, but still bad.

Quote:
    On that note, getting dressed this morning was quite a challenge, I have no pants that fit me anymore! Gonna live on skirts and dresses until I reach my goal and then I'm sooo going to treat myself to some cute clothes shopping!
    Isn't that the best???

Quote: On another note - I am less than 10lbs from goal and starting to get nervous about leaving Phase 1. I don't miss any of the food I used to eat and I am so comfortable wth what I eat and when. I like the rountine of this program and am scared once I get more choices old cravings will come back.
    I noticed we are similar "stats" , how does it feel being down to nearly goal? I still have about 40 pounds to go, but have this irrational fear that if , no, WHEN I get to goal I won't recognize myself.

Quote: First weekend op and my water intake is way down..... But did get a bunch of asparagus at Costco which is nice.
    Sooooo excited, we are getting a COSTCO in Sioux Falls We have Walmart & Sam's, and they have this ridonculous monopoly on the grocery market here. The sign is up but they haven't broke ground yet.

Quote: I bought a collection of flavoured EVOO's and dang, it makes everything much more tasty. Basil flavoured oil, hot pepper and garlic. It was worth the investment!
    Hot pepper = favorite!!! I probably use that almost as much as regular EVOO.

Quote: This might be an odd question, but how many times should the average person be doing #2 a day to have the sort of daily eliminations that keep everything humming along? Seems like I only go every other day if I'm not taking some sort of laxative to help along. I got some magnesium to take daily in case I have a magnesium deficiency and I've been drinking warm beverages which generally have helped me be more easily "regular" in the past. Just seems like I'm not going like I should. Ugh.
    I'm a once a day, every day, at 9:30AM or so. I noticed that walking a bit every day seemed to help with that too.
  • Happy Sunday everyone - up and at 'em - slowly.

I'm a little lazy this morning. Feel like I could fall back to sleep - I need to get up and move it, move it.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone!!
  • Good morning IP Friends!
    Today I get to play with the grandkids which is so much more fun when you are 50 lbs lighter. I lost 30 lbs before starting IP and almost 20 on IP. It is so great to feel somewhat normal now! We are all going to church then on a play date with a friends grandson. It should be fun; I will probably take a bar and have a salad with my WF dressing (no protien) for lunch. I have been doing the morning chocolate drink with the spinach, YUM! I hope the weather holds out; it looks a little iffy.
    It is great to read of everyones thoughts and successes and I wish I had more experience to jump in and advise but I still feel like such a newbie even after almost two months.
    This is such a wonderful group! Love and appreciate each and everyone of you!!
    Have a wonderful OP day!!
  • Well, I'm awake, and it's beautiful outside, which means my sunburn is gonna HURT like a mo-fo today I now learned why sunscreen has an expiration date ow ow ow ow ow I hate being fair skinned grrrrrr!

NSV - my sister in law (much heavier than me) is now considering IP after trying a few of my alternative products. Also, she gave me a pair of old pants she wore forever ago, that were size 12 dickies, and I could put them on! No problem at all except a bit of a shuffle around the muffin-top. But still, that means I'm officially, comfortably, in size 12!

As of this morning I am 0.2 pounds lighter than when I paid a personal trainer to "whip me into shape"...that only cost like $1200 for nothing >.< ...

I have a few errands to run and am REALLY not feeling the garage sale today, haven't even STARTED setting up, and thinking I really need a day to chill. I'll be having it again next weekend though so I hope to get stuff for then.

And apparently DH needs the garage open, so that means I'll be doing my sale, anyways...*Sigh*.
  • Hey everyone! Guess who's bacccckkkkkkk?!
    Had my breakfast shake already, got my first set of vitamins in & now working on my water. SO far so good! I know if I can just get through the first week then I'll be good to go! I've done the first week before, so I know I can do it again.

Finally in the right place to start back been gone almost TWO months! holy crap.
  • Quote: Sorry about the lemon, love the visual eating pudding though! Btw, I am putting something in the mail for you tomorrow! Been crazyit lately, but I swear the shirts will get to you!
    Quote: You crack me up!! Did you guys have a fun road trip anyway?
    Liz, I'm glad I gave you a mental vision cuckle. I understand about being lazy. No worries. Just PM me the shipping costs.

Darralyn, I'm glad I also made you smile. DH and I always have fun together on our wingnutandme road trips. That's where this came from. After some crazy adventures, I came home one day to find a drawing of a wingnut character. Chris considers himself a wingnut.

Do hope we continue on okay. The car really, really needs tires. Wasn't going to get them if we were trading it off. Now, after 1000+ miles this weekend, no choice.

Everyone keep OP and have a nice Sunday.
    Molly
  • Quote: Good evening everyone. Well its been a busy day here with family today. Had a good old fashioned BBQ with some nice grilled chicken and some spinach salad...it was delicious...

Tommorow i begin the family 90 day challenge. All of my family members are going on a 90 day challenge. He who completes the challenge, gets two nights to the resort with there loved one of choice... Im excited...and nervous

Btw...bought some wf strawberry stuff..what should i do with it? Recipes anyone?
    Strawberry goes really well with rhubarb. Just cook the rhubarb (I microwave for 3-4 mins) and then mix in some strawberry sauce or jam. Use it for the upside down cake, pancake topping, etc. or I just eat it as is.

Quote: NSV: Able to wear my wedding ring again after almost 2 years of having my ring finger be a little too chubby for it. I hadn't even thought about it until DH started complaining that I don't have my ring on still.

Other than that, just on a perpetually slow....... losing pattern. LOL. This might be an odd question, but how many times should the average person be doing #2 a day to have the sort of daily eliminations that keep everything humming along? Seems like I only go every other day if I'm not taking some sort of laxative to help along. I got some magnesium to take daily in case I have a magnesium deficiency and I've been drinking warm beverages which generally have helped me be more easily "regular" in the past. Just seems like I'm not going like I should. Ugh.
    Recommended normal is once a day. I used to do that but now with IP it is every 2-3 days and I find it uncomfortable. I'm trying various things but Dieter's tea works well and I use Cleanse Smart which is a herbal softener occassionally.

Quote: I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
    Lots of us hitting the 50lb mark lately, isn't it awesome!

Quote: Hey everyone! Guess who's bacccckkkkkkk?!
    Had my breakfast shake already, got my first set of vitamins in & now working on my water. SO far so good! I know if I can just get through the first week then I'll be good to go! I've done the first week before, so I know I can do it again.

Finally in the right place to start back been gone almost TWO months! holy crap.
    Welcome back. Great attitude to get her done.