June Turbo Fire & More Check-In

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Tahe- Welcome!!!!

Diana- yes, completely off for the summer

today- finally made it back to the y cycling 45 min- it's gonna hurt later
  • No workout to report today.

I have been in ICU with my Mom all day.

I will give a timeline of what I understand has happened and what is going on.

As you probably remember my Mom has struggled with eating during her chemo treatments. A lot of things are coming together and make more sense. Although, what doesn't make sense is that my Mom didn't speak up about her problem.

I found out today that about 6 months prior to her cancer diagnosis, that my Mom started having issues with "acid"

With my Mom's cancer diagnoses, she was prescribed meds that could cause GI irritation/problems. This could be compounded by the fact that she didn't eat much food with her medicines. She didn't eat foods because her GI tract, throat, mouth, lips have been irritated.

This whole GI issue never improved, even with the change of meds. Also, my Mom never really expressed what was really going on with her. She has had bad pain when she tries to swallow foods/liquids.

Last week she had the blood clots that went to her lungs.

The medicine to help with the clots is Coumadin/blood thinners. My Mom has been given coumadin since being in the hospital for the blood clots.

We noticed that my Mom has had dark stools the last couple of days. She has also needed blood transfusions. The need of blood transfusions can also an effect of the chemotherapy.

Now it appears that she has had GI issues all along and the Coumadin has caused a bleed.

This morning the stool was worse and she was sent to ICU to get stabilized.

She has had blood transfusions today. They stopped the Coumadin and have also given her other drugs to reverse the effects of Coumadin.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 she is scheduled to have an upper GI scope/repair done. They will take a look and try to repair whatever the problem is.

I hope they can fix the problem and she can be on the right track for recovery.

Now things have come together (I think) as to what the whole issue was with her eating. I don't know why she cannot express what's going on with her to the Dr. She just about dies before it comes out that there's an issue. Makes no sense to me, but that's Momma.

I ask, you to please say a prayer for my Mom when you read this.
  • Hello!
    Hello! I know I haven't posted here in a while. I've been on the myfitnesspal site since I use it to track my calories. I just wanted to post that I have had great results with Turbo Fire. Today is my rest day but I am finishing up week 19. Woo-hoo! I have lost a total of 28 lbs with Turbo Fire. Once I am done with TF I plan to tackle Jenelle Summers TF/CLX hybrid. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Quote: No workout to report today.

I have been in ICU with my Mom all day.

I will give a timeline of what I understand has happened and what is going on.

As you probably remember my Mom has struggled with eating during her chemo treatments. A lot of things are coming together and make more sense. Although, what doesn't make sense is that my Mom didn't speak up about her problem.

I found out today that about 6 months prior to her cancer diagnosis, that my Mom started having issues with "acid"

With my Mom's cancer diagnoses, she was prescribed meds that could cause GI irritation/problems. This could be compounded by the fact that she didn't eat much food with her medicines. She didn't eat foods because her GI tract, throat, mouth, lips have been irritated.

This whole GI issue never improved, even with the change of meds. Also, my Mom never really expressed what was really going on with her. She has had bad pain when she tries to swallow foods/liquids.

Last week she had the blood clots that went to her lungs.

The medicine to help with the clots is Coumadin/blood thinners. My Mom has been given coumadin since being in the hospital for the blood clots.

We noticed that my Mom has had dark stools the last couple of days. She has also needed blood transfusions. The need of blood transfusions can also an effect of the chemotherapy.

Now it appears that she has had GI issues all along and the Coumadin has caused a bleed.

This morning the stool was worse and she was sent to ICU to get stabilized.

She has had blood transfusions today. They stopped the Coumadin and have also given her other drugs to reverse the effects of Coumadin.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 she is scheduled to have an upper GI scope/repair done. They will take a look and try to repair whatever the problem is.

I hope they can fix the problem and she can be on the right track for recovery.

Now things have come together (I think) as to what the whole issue was with her eating. I don't know why she cannot express what's going on with her to the Dr. She just about dies before it comes out that there's an issue. Makes no sense to me, but that's Momma.

I ask, you to please say a prayer for my Mom when you read this.
    Diana I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I have said a prayer for you and your mom.
  • Diana- I'm so sorry about your mom. At least now they know what the problem is and can fix it. Take care! Your family is in my prayers.

today- rest... sore after cycling
  • No structured workout to report today, it was a "Rest Day" according to the schedule. (which did NOT sit well with me, lol!) I have done a ton of activity through household chores, baking, errands, etc. I am sore in places I didn't even know I was working, LOL

Diana, best wishes for your mom, you and all those close to her
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Weights w/12's
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio w/10's

Update on Mom:
    The surgery went well. She has been dealing with gastritis/virus of the esophagus during this whole cancer situation. It appears that the Coumadin has caused the bleed in the esophagus. They are still working on reversing the Coumadin, so her blood won't be so thin. A couple weeks ago they prescribed a medication for this virus in her esophagus. Now they have her on an IV of this medication. I'm sure it's a much higher dosage than the tablets they originally prescribed. They also did a leg scan and chest scan to see the status of the blood clots. They are wanting to make sure there are not any more in her legs that may travel since they won't be prescribing the Coumadin any longer. Good news is that there are no more blood clots in her legs. The ones in her lungs are the only ones, and I believe they are shrinking due to the original Coumadin and the natural body processes. (this is my understanding, although I could be wrong) They are doing IV nutrition right now. They might consider doing a feeding tube in a couple days. This just depends on how well she does with the new meds. She is awake, coherent, and doing very well.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them.
  • Taheetee HI and Welcome to the check-in!
  • Hello ladies!

Diana, thinking of you and your mom. :hugs:

I forgot to post yesterday but I did Fire 30 - I take Sunday as my rest day and add in an extra cardio on Wed as I'm really trying to lost weight. Today I'm schedule for Hiit 20 and Sculpt 30! I had very low energy last night during my workout but I got through it at about 75%.

Take care all!

Have a great day all!
  • TurboLaura Good job in pushing through it!
  • Diana- glad to hear your mom is making progress on getting better. Keep us posted.

today- TF Fire 45ez
  • Hi Everyone,

I appreciate all of the good thoughts and prayers from everyone. Unfortunately, things have changed, again. This whole thing with my Mom has been a roller coaster ride. This morning she took a turn for the worse. Her hemoglobin hasn't dropped, which is good news. That means that the bleeding has stopped. Hopefully the meds have helped with the virus in her esophogus. The bad news is that she is having issues with her breathing. They are thinking this was from her being sedated from the GI scope yesterday. I was with her quite a while yesterday and last night. She seemed to have gotten congested last night, but was still doing well. I have made a decision for now. I am not happy with either of my options. We spoke with my Mom this morning. She has made conflicting comments. I spoke with all of her Drs, too. I am giving my Mom one last chance to pull this thing out and make a turn for the better. Once you decide the other way, there's no turning back. My Mom chose chemo, my Mom chose to go to the ER last week, my Mom even agreed to a feeding tube if necessary, so her esophogus could heal. She said she wated to live this morning before they sedated her. After they sedated her she said something different. We have the legal documents that give me the final decision. She has never wanted to be on life support. Earlier today she told me differently. All of the Drs. believe this is a temporary complication with her breathing. Again, I am not happy with either of the options. But I would rather err on the side of caution at this point in time.

I'm sorry to post about this. It helps me to be able to get my thoughts out, though. Thank you for listening. I don't mean to burden you with this. Please pray that I am able to make the correct decison and choices for my Mom. Again, I don't really have any other family but my DH and Mom. This is really tough for me.
  • Diana- I'm truly sorry for the position you're in. I think taking your time and praying about is the right step. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. Please know your family is in my prayers.
  • Diana, thank you for the welcome and I'm so sorry to hear what a tough decision you have to make. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

Teacher, thank you for your welcome too! I'm sorry I didn't say so yesterday, sometimes my brain just goes kaput

My daily check in: I did another round of the Fire Starter class followed by the Stretch 10. Then this afternoon the hubby and I did a 33 minute walk at a nice pace. I'm up two pounds, hoping I'm just bloated or something, grrr lol. (I know it takes time and weight fluctuates...sometimes I just succumb to "I want all the results and I want them RIGHT NOW!" mentality, hehehe)
  • Hello all!

Diana, I'm so sorry to hear of the stress in your life and your mom's illness. It must feel so stressful for you. Thinking of you a this time. Thank you for your encouragement, too.

Welcome Taheetee! Ypou'll love Turbo Fire and I bet those 2 pounds is just bloat...I hate it when that happens!

Nice job with Fire 45, Teacher!

I'm off for a walk with my pooches and then Hiit 20 and sculpt 30.

I hope that you all have a wonderful night