Trouble maintaining body heat?

• Whenever I exercise I always find that my body heat goes haywire...I will be FREEZING at night when I go to bed, my fiance will be sleeping with no covers on because he's too warm and I'm in layers and huddled under the blanket.

OR, I will get way too hot during the middle of the day. Just walking around at work I will be sweaty and hot for no reason.

Does anyone else get this?
  • Gonna bump this, still would like an answer if anyone has one
  • A lot of us find we are cold during periods of calorie restriction. I thought originally that it was because I was losing my layers of insulation, but others on the forum brought to light that it could be the metabolic slowdown that comes with restriction of calories.

I think it's a bit of both. Now that I maintain I'm sort of back to my old self—where I refused to wear jackets, hated the heat, etc.—but not quite. I'm not freezing anymore, but I'm not quite as heat averse as I was before either.

I noticed that I wasn't cold anymore when I began increasing my calories to maintenance level, so I'm guessing my metabolism speeded back up.
  • I have wondered about this as well. I exercise a few hours before I plan on going to bed, and when I just get back, I'm very warm (as expected). Then, I drink about 40 ounces of water and consume a little bit of protein, and within a half an hour or so, I'm FREEZING. Still got plenty of layers of fat, so that's not the answer in my case, but it's pretty consistent and has been for years. But usually when I am exercising heavily, I am calorie restricting as well, so maybe it's just what sontaikle mentioned. I don't know the answer -- just my experience.