IP Chat Wednesday 05/30/2012

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Today is my day 1!!!!!
  • I was going through withdrawals! I hope you are all doing well. Today is my "Monday" but it feels little more relaxed. I was not feeling great until I was driving in to work today. I noticed the other day and even more this morning that I'm fitting in my vehicle seat for the first time in a long time. The back of my right thigh in particular used to creep/hang over onto the center of the bench seat and it would hurt with in min. Not bothering me any more!
  • I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure how to do all the links or if they would just transfer!

NSV- I fit into my size 12s!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I randomly tried them on this AM and oh boy..... I'm 3lbs away from my pre-baby weight and 13lbs away from my lowest adult weight!! BRING IT IP!!
  • Quote: Today is my day 1!!!!!
    Welcome. You are in the right place!
    ROCK IT!
  • Good Morning Everyone!
    I want to wish you all a 100% OP day today!! It looks like a great day here in Eastern Washington State, except I have to go to work today...
    I looked at the scale at home because yesterday was my WI at work and I was off so I checked and I am down 3.5 lbs from last week! Yippee.
    I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great support here! You people are amazing!
  • Good morning all, woke up to a nice move downward on my scale! heading out of town and planning to be OP all the way!
  • GM IPeeps....

Well my total loss since 4.9.12 is 21 lbs!~

the ex' thats trying to be next, said to me yesterday ... I see your body shape changing. Im so proud of you. Wonderful compliments and a dinner date ... and he still cantgetnun. lol

wishing everyone an OP kinda day .... keep it won'hunnid iPeeps!!!
    Welcome GeauxTigers82. Glad you found us. This is a great place to visit daily for information, advice, and general support. Come here often. Have a great OP day.

Quote: I was going through withdrawals! I hope you are all doing well. Today is my "Monday" but it feels little more relaxed. I was not feeling great until I was driving in to work today. I noticed the other day and even more this morning that I'm fitting in my vehicle seat for the first time in a long time. The back of my right thigh in particular used to creep/hang over onto the center of the bench seat and it would hurt with in min. Not bothering me any more!
    Thanks for opening today's chat Usmcvet. That's a great NSV. One more victory to mark your fantastic weight loss journey.

I'm in a super mood this morning, as I've just realized I've dropped -3 lbs this past week. For me, this is wonderful..... I haven't had that much of a weight loss since WI #2. And I have been sticking to plan - went off a few weeks ago when I gave in to what I call my 'bar binge' on a day I was particularly tired and not feeling well (all plan appropriate low carb-fat-cals bars... but nevertheless a 'no-no'). My low weight losses were getting to me, despite my best efforts to keep my mood up. So today's been a great boost. It also allowed me to post another little 'clapper' in my signature. LOL. I love doing that! (Feels like getting a sticker for good work when I was a kid..... )

Thanks to everyone for just being here. I'm not sure I'd have hung in without having this board to come to for reinforcement. I haven't always said much recently, but I've been getting psychological support from your posts.

I sincerely hope everyone has a great 100% OP Day. I'm back to 100% again and plan on staying this way. I also plan to continue soaking myself in water daily, as I drank more water yesterday (really hot and humid here yesterday) than I ever have before and figure that probably helped today's weight loss as well.

Cheers for now.
  • Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • Quote: I was going through withdrawals! I hope you are all doing well. Today is my "Monday" but it feels little more relaxed. I was not feeling great until I was driving in to work today. I noticed the other day and even more this morning that I'm fitting in my vehicle seat for the first time in a long time. The back of my right thigh in particular used to creep/hang over onto the center of the bench seat and it would hurt with in min. Not bothering me any more!
    I am so proud of you and happy for all your NSVs you are doing so well!

Quote: I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure how to do all the links or if they would just transfer!

I randomly tried them on this AM and oh boy..... I'm 3lbs away from my pre-baby weight and 13lbs away from my lowest adult weight!! BRING IT IP!!
    Yippppeeeee! You go girl!

Quote: Good morning all, woke up to a nice move downward on my scale! heading out of town and planning to be OP all the way!
    Congratulations!
  • Today is my regular WI day but I have to wait till Saturday. Decided to weigh myself at home just to see if I am doing okay since I slipped this weekend...looks like I am still down 3lbs. So great but kicking myself because it could be more if I stayed OP.

Traveling for company meeting next week. We can wear jeans and all mine are too baggy so looks like I need to head to the store to grab a few pairs.

Hope everyone has a great OP day...I know I will!
  • Good Morning All!
    Its been so very busy on the home front, that sometimes staying OP is difficult (late dinners) and others its so convenient (grab and go snacks). We had ball games until 9pm last night and I stopped and got the kids Subway and went home and had my spinach leaves and grilled chix breast! Not that I couldn't have eaten at subway too, but it felt good to stick to my plan for the day.

Same crap this morning, got called in for an emergency around 6 and didn't get home until 710, the kids were crabby, running late etc... but I still made my omelet that I had planned and ate it in the car. What a site I was, eating out of my bowl driving the kids to school. Here's to a slower paced rest of the day. All I have left is 1 OR case, then house cleaning, a walk with my dog and coaching my daughters softball practice. My older son has a game an hour away, but darn it, I'm on call and can't go. Honestly, I'm kind of glad. It helps to slow things down a bit.

WI #2 tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping it goes well. I'm feeling good and that is what matters, right?!
    Have a great Hump Day to everyone!!

Shawna
    Welcome to this plan. Once you get the hang of it just stick with it and the results will follow

Quote: I was going through withdrawals! I hope you are all doing well. Today is my "Monday" but it feels little more relaxed. I was not feeling great until I was driving in to work today. I noticed the other day and even more this morning that I'm fitting in my vehicle seat for the first time in a long time. The back of my right thigh in particular used to creep/hang over onto the center of the bench seat and it would hurt with in min. Not bothering me any more!
    Aren't the NSVs awesome!! This weekend I went through my wardobe and had a ton of clothes that no longer fit

Quote: I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure how to do all the links or if they would just transfer!

I am soo excited for you! Just keep going!

Quote: Good Morning Everyone!
    I want to wish you all a 100% OP day today!! It looks like a great day here in Eastern Washington State, except I have to go to work today...
    I looked at the scale at home because yesterday was my WI at work and I was off so I checked and I am down 3.5 lbs from last week! Yippee.
    I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great support here! You people are amazing!
    Awesome loss Darralyn! Will your center record your weight from your scale or do u just go weigh in when you go to work tomorrow?

Quote: Good morning all, woke up to a nice move downward on my scale! heading out of town and planning to be OP all the way!
    Quote: GM IPeeps....

Well my total loss since 4.9.12 is 21 lbs!~

the ex' thats trying to be next, said to me yesterday ... I see your body shape changing. Im so proud of you. Wonderful compliments and a dinner date ... and he still cantgetnun. lol

wishing everyone an OP kinda day .... keep it won'hunnid iPeeps!!!
    BOAL you are too funny about the ex! Congratulations on your weight loss.

I check my weight every morning to gauge how well the Nova Cleanse is working and I can see Wonderland in the near future! Realistically I should be doing more toning (aka strength training and yoga) as most of my weight sits on my belly . Tonight is zumba night so I am going to go and dance some stress away and have fun!

Have a great OP day all