Dinner help needed please...

• We are ordering Japanese tonight. Probably not a great idea since weigh in is tomorrow morning and it usually has sodium but here is what we ordered:

1. Miso Soup (soy bean paste with seaweed, tofu and scallion)
    2. Chicken with Broccoli (served with a light garlic sauce, I asked them to put on the side) with brown rice
    3. Seafood Combination (shrimp, scallops, crab meat and vegetables that comes with a white wine sauce, I asked them to put on the side) with brown rice
    4. Edamame (steamed soy beans)

Questions:

Is brown rice okay for phase 2?
    Is there anything in the soup I shouldn't have?
    Would I be able to use either of the sauces or should I just use the low sodium soy sauce?
  • I'd stay away from the sauces. They usually have corn starch in them as a thickener, not to mention MSG - which causes ridiculous water retention for me!

Yes, you can have brown rice on P2, but remember your portions - I think it's only 1/2 cup.
    Good luck. My family did Chinese takeout tonight, but I did my own stir fry with Savoy cabbage, red pepper, snow peas, Splurged on some shitake mushrooms, fresh bean sprouts and organic chicken. It was yummy!
  • Splurged on some shitake mushrooms? Are they not allowed?
  • Oh, they are absolutely allowed. I splurged Price - wise
  • Cat - your stir fry sounds delicious! No kidding about the cost of shitakes. I once saw a crockpot recipe that looked divine but shitakes were a huge part of the recipe. No way would I spend so much on mushrooms only to throw them in the crockpot!

Angel - hope you enjoyed your dinner! It's nice to have a break from cooking once in a while!