IP Weekend Chat Sat 5/26 - Sun 5/27

You're on Page 10 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: I just realized I am overwhelming my poor little brain...as I read through the forums I'm seeing stuff about IP that I would totally be able to make forms for individuals to make it more personalized, customized, printable journals and stuff...and my laundry list is getting sooo long...

*Recipe Book (separate from blog)
    *IP phase worksheets phases I-IV
    *IP phase worksheets for special notes in IV
    *IP Journal entry system for doing it on the computer or by hand
    *IP Informational packets that I've found
    *Dr. Tran's book
    *IP Product list and nutritional information, updated
    I know I"m missing something ... yikes!
    Kay - I would also include the veggie carb count and additional protocols like Boot Camp (4 or 5 packets a day, no protein meal) and Jet Fuel (low carb packets like jelly, "fruit" drinks), IMHO. I can't wait to see the progress - this sounds like a huge but fantastic endeavor.
    Will
  • Quote: I forgot my IP packet and veggies that I would normally eat for lunch at home. This is a problem because I am at work for the entire day (7am-7pm) shift. I usually bring my lunch so I don't eat the sandwiches here.

I do have my snack and dinner, which are a cookies and cream bar and skinless chicken breasts with broccoli, but I am famished now and I don't know what to do.

Should I eat a sandwich or just hold tights until snack time? The type of sandwiches they have are chicken salad, tuna, egg salad, turkey and ham and cheese. Out of these do you think any of them are good?
    I'm with the others on this one. I'd say start with the bar, drink a bottle of water. Wait 3 hours (hopefully you're the same time zone as me, 11:30AM right now i.e. 4.5 hours into a 12 hour shift), eat 1/2 the chicken and broccoli, again with another bottle of water, wait 2 hours and finish it off. That would get you...until about 5:30 and then only an hour and a half before you go home and can have a packet. Just a theory. I hope today goes OK for you

Oh, and regarding the sandwiches, bread is evil. It'll kick ketosis in the tuckus and your body will have to start all over after burning the carbs from that bread. You'll do fine, and eat the ham or turkey off the bread if it gets too bad.
  • Quote: maybe make a pudding/milkshake before I go as my snack. That way I won't be so hungry. When I'm full, I'm able to say "No thanks" and not really crave foods. It's mainly when I am hungry that I fall to things!! Have a great day everyone!!!
    Foxxy - that statement is really the key to unlocking so much of why we eat poorly (when not OP). This is why it is important to eat regularly so that we are never too hungry to make smart choices. If you follow this approach even after IP phases you will keep the weight off. Naturally thin people actually leave food on their plates and say no to dessert because they are full. We will get there too!
  • Quote: Kay - I would also include the veggie carb count and additional protocols like Boot Camp (4 or 5 packets a day, no protein meal) and Jet Fuel (low carb packets like jelly, "fruit" drinks), IMHO. I can't wait to see the progress - this sounds like a huge but fantastic endeavor.
    Will
    I might need some help getting some of those other brands, not familiar with Jet Fuel etc. , as I get further I'll post the links to my blog, which will have the packet as far as it's been gotten. My first endeavor is getting this recipe book done though and then posting recipes back up on the forum. I might switch gears to the handouts though if I start feeling a burnout come.
  • i feel so much better iv lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks and 17 inches sleep better more energy and not getting up at night to snack and most of all hardly any migraines im so happy for idea protein love the food have a awesome week everyone
  • Jeans on the clothing exchange thread
    I've posted quite a few pairs of jeans on the Clothing Exchange thread. Sizes 22-26. Check that thread before it disappears off the first page if you need some jeans.
    Molly
  • Recipe Book Update
    OK so here is the book "skeleton" so far, just filling it in as I go through the recipe archive. Can I say that OMG we have a lot of recipes??? But this will be amazing once it is done.

Next goal after that will involve more help from ya'll, compiling UP TO DATE info in a packet / pdf of all phases, all nutritional info in a spreadsheet (think nutritional fliers at like, subway that list EVERYTHING for EVERY item on the menu, but for IP packets). Then will start spreading into the drinks, the alternative products, and ugh, there goes my brain again...if anyone sees it bouncing down the street, please throw bread crumbs in the general direction of South Dakota and send it home. Thanks
  • Day One
    Hi everyone, just starting Day one here (finally got my packets from ideal to go) ... look forward you joining in your daily chats ... this site has so far been so helpful in answering my questions!
  • Quote: OK so here is the book "skeleton" so far, just filling it in as I go through the recipe archive. Can I say that OMG we have a lot of recipes??? But this will be amazing once it is done.

Next goal after that will involve more help from ya'll, compiling UP TO DATE info in a packet / pdf of all phases, all nutritional info in a spreadsheet (think nutritional fliers at like, subway that list EVERYTHING for EVERY item on the menu, but for IP packets). Then will start spreading into the drinks, the alternative products, and ugh, there goes my brain again...if anyone sees it bouncing down the street, please throw bread crumbs in the general direction of South Dakota and send it home. Thanks
    WOW, this is a big job you have taken on......it looks awesome already
  • Apparently I have somewhat obsessive compulsive tendencies when it comes to new ideas...I just hope I get this almost all done before I burn out lol. I'm going to try to do one page of archive / day, we have 14 pages per group, so that'll be 42 days of recipes just from here, then another couple weeks getting them from other sites and making sure i'm not duplicating stuff.
  • Quote: That is just so FABULOUS!!
    Thanks, Chloe! It feels fabulous!

Quote: That's an awesome NSV...nice ;-) Just to know they fit must make you feel so good ;-)
    Thanks Aud! It's things like that NSV that make it easier to say no to the stuff I shouldn't have. I'm in Maintenance now, but I still tend to eat very conservatively.

Quote: Good morning everyone!!!
    Hi Foxxy and welcome! Great job on the planning - that really got me through many months of this program. The easier you make it on yourself, the better off you'll be...

Quote: Good morning everyone from San Antonio....I opened my clinic (Ideal Protein one year ago) and I ahve experienced some wonderful things with my Clients on Program...
    Hello Judo! That's really neat that you opened your own clinic. I've been thinking of becoming a coach, and I kind of envisioned my own clinic someday. Can you tell me, is IP like a franchise that you buy into?

Quote: I see a trend. I have Sunday weigh-ins. I start questioning everything about what I have done on IP and have extreme doubts about my success. I get choked up...as if the weight loss is some miracle!!!!
    The more the diet has become effortless...the more I worry......
    Rant, rant, rant.......
    Not to worry NewPath...I remember being totally amazed at how the pounds just seem to come off. I had no idea that it would really happen for me. All I can say is don't beat yourself up too much. You are doing the best you can, and they say that ketosis plays havoc with hormones/emotions, so maybe that's going on for you. At any rate, remember...despite what your doubts say...YOU ARE DOING IT!

Quote: Hi Everyone!
    Good Morning! I want to wish everyone a great OP day!! I don't have time to answer each post that has touched me today; but I want to say thank you to each and everyone for sharing yourselves! Love you all!
    Good morning to you too! I gotta tell ya, when I see one of your posts, I have this vision of you on your Harley. It cracks me up.

Quote: I'm awake, had a horrid nightmare and woke up crying. I dreamt that everyone told me DH had died, but I had no proof of it, no body or anything, just had to take everyone's word for it and I was refusing to believe it.
    Oh my...that's scary. I hope you are feeling better by now...

Quote: Hi everyone, just starting Day one here (finally got my packets from ideal to go) ... look forward you joining in your daily chats ... this site has so far been so helpful in answering my questions!
    Welcome Kristen and good luck to you! This is a wonderful forum filled with kind, helpful and knowledgeable people. Come on coming back!
  • Recipe collection
    Kara - the recipe book looks great so far! The recipes look so much more formal and sophisticated laid out like that. Just try to break the project down into small chunks so that you don't feel overwhelmed.
  • Quote: Apparently I have somewhat obsessive compulsive tendencies when it comes to new ideas...I just hope I get this almost all done before I burn out lol. I'm going to try to do one page of archive / day, we have 14 pages per group, so that'll be 42 days of recipes just from here, then another couple weeks getting them from other sites and making sure i'm not duplicating stuff.
    Thanks for the effort you are putting into this. I know I have kept a word document and copied recipes in as I see them but just recently decided I had to organize them. It was a huge job but it sure makes it easier to find stuff and now I'm seeing recipes that I copied ages ago but never found them again to try.
  • Yesterday DF(dear fiancé) and I went with a friend to just past Delta Junction(100 miles away) to go mudding on the side by side. Wow it was SO beautiful, we were right next to the mountains man was it fun! We were out riding for 5 hours and I finally drove it for the first time yesterday for an hour(I was a little afraid of it). It takes a lot of work to steer those things.
    We were driving up this trail and the 'puddles' were actually flowing water, it was crazy! We had to be really careful, we would be driving along and then run into a deep hole, like burry the side by side deep. Our friend who was on his quad did burry his, luckily no water got into the air box and we were able to drain out the exhaust and get it started up.
    I am sore today from it. At least three hours of it was with my feet braced on the dash and holding both O.S. Bars at the same time, it was a really rough ride!
    If I can ever figure out how to post pictures I will post some from yesterday. (I don't seem to have the browse option when I try to do it)
    Days like yesterday remind me of how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful and entertaining place.

I stayed 100% OP the whole day!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day today
  • Quote: Yesterday DF(dear fiancé) and I went with a friend to just past Delta Junction(100 miles away) to go mudding on the side by side. Wow it was SO beautiful, we were right next to the mountains man was it fun! We were out riding for 5 hours and I finally drove it for the first time yesterday for an hour(I was a little afraid of it). It takes a lot of work to steer those things.
    We were driving up this trail and the 'puddles' were actually flowing water, it was crazy! We had to be really careful, we would be driving along and then run into a deep hole, like burry the side by side deep. Our friend who was on his quad did burry his, luckily no water got into the air box and we were able to drain out the exhaust and get it started up.
    I am sore today from it. At least three hours of it was with my feet braced on the dash and holding both O.S. Bars at the same time, it was a really rough ride!
    If I can ever figure out how to post pictures I will post some from yesterday. (I don't seem to have the browse option when I try to do it)
    Days like yesterday remind me of how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful and entertaining place.

I stayed 100% OP the whole day!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day today
    I think I understood about 30 percent of what you just said, but ohmygosh it sounds like fun!!!