Maintainer's Vol. 6

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • dakin on Op Slim Cat...they are pretty good, apparently alpaca is their favorite as they lick the bottom of the bowl (turn their noses up at chicken). I now have created cats that meow at my feet as I prepare their food now though which is slightly amusing/annoying. But Subject Frankie hasn't had any of her usual digestive issues so all is well! They are pretty good cats, almost like dogs. I tend to be the alpha cat as it didn't take long to teach them two years ago that the new rule was to get out of my bedroom in the morning as the door was closing. No change in weight, but I figure with their size it may take a month or two.

busymom how was your cheat day?

momto2c - have you clicked on 'go advanced' and manage attachments....are you trying to post a picture once or create a thread with a link??

maile I didn't like soy milk before, but it's on my list, as soon as I'm done another almond milk and a carton of coconut milk I will try it again as I know for sure my tastes buds have definately changed.

So, we had to go to Emerg before VIP took off for Holland (it was late and nothing was open and he was leaving in 3 hours, regardless I felt guilty for such a small thing lol) and all is well, most of the doct/vip conversation was on his body type and how he should lose weight and how his body type tells the doc that he loves carbs etc etc etc...I had a huge grin on my face and the doc said "sorry, you're probably going to hear "I told you so" for a while" So now more then ever he's thinking about my diet after our trip to Scotland.

I am debating that I'm lactose intolerant (even just a bit) as I had a small ice cream on Saturday and felt instant bloat....:/ I don't remember feeling it with the greek yogurt though so I am unsure how that works and need to do more research. Any body else feel this? Was it the sugar in the ice cream you think??
  • Good morning,

Cheat day was fabulous and phase 1 day yesterday wasn't bad at all I made a nice vegetable soup that i can add pasta for dinners or cheese for lunches

I'm up 2lbs which is weird cause that is what i was up yesterday after cheat day and still up those 2lbs after phase 1 day BUT i'm very constipated right now so i'm hoping that's the problem But i still feel ok as i still have my 5lbs buffer, lol. Was really happy to be reunited with my breakfast this morning

Ishbel - Sorry about the VIP but maybe he'll agree to do IP. Not sure about the lactose...Do you have any trouble with the milk? Maybe it was the sugar in the cone...i know saturday when i was having sugar..it felt like a ton of bricks went down.

Cap - Keep us posted about how you like WW.

Mom2c - How did you like that movie, my friend and I are planning to go see it!

Have a great day!
  • Ridiculously Long Post...sorry
    Carb Hangover. I finally get it. So, this week I guess I finally moved into P4 instead of the the P3.3 I was doing. I found that P3 with a few add ins here and there worked fine for me. Easy. My comfort zone.

But, yesterday, whew. Out all day and a few too many carb choices.

This heavy, slow, tired, dull feeling is just not attractive or enticing. It's like drinking and feeling the effects. I would have never compared carbs to booze but that is what it feels like. Good in mouth. Bad later. And that just isn't fun anymore. And sugar is not that great anymore either. I enjoyed it the first day or so then after a while it had a sticky uncomfortable taste.

I was afraid to move into P4 because of my perceived sensitivities. I thought that if my tummy felt a bit bad or different after eating an item I could not have it. I was wrong. I may not want to have it but I can. I based a lot of this on initial reactions to certain food items but it could have just been that my body had not had it in over 6 months and just did not know what to do it. I honestly don't know. Except that according to my theories I should not have been able to eat as I did this week

I read or try to read everything you all say and is it so helpful, I can't even tell you. I love hearing about what you can do and your successes and triumphs. As well, I truly appreciate your fears and failures and challenges and limitations. That is helpful as well. It all stays in my mind and as I venture deeper into maintenance, I have a wealth if information and experience to pull back on. The key thing I have learned from you guys (in this and previous threads) is to keep coming here. There's a measure of accountability in the connection, even if you are only reading. I reply to so many posts in my head and nod along and smile and laugh and sigh when you are struggling. So, thank you and have a great week.

Glad to see so many returns and newbies in here. That makes for a great maintenance thread. Yayyyyyy Us.
  • Quote: I am trying hard to do it more naturally too....

eggs/meat breakfast

salad meat lunch

meat veggie dinner

with fiber one bars for snack or fruit and nuts or greek yogurt

what is your plan?

Not trying to lose weight....I am up about 10 pounds (of the 83), but it is easier to maintain that weight so I am going to try to just maintain for a year without trying to get smaller....but up a few more from Vegas so need to drop those (not sure how many...giving a week before I hit scale..need to lose the bloat).

good luck
    Thanks. Good luck to you too.

My plan:

Keep total calories around 1300. Keep carbs total around 75. Each meal about 35gms protein. Eat enough veggies... Minimize products with Splenda without going too crazy (since I have some to use up).

The following are meal options that I am considering. Won't eat all things at every meal.

Breakfast: eggs, meat, yoghurt, berries, ip oatmeal, veggie omelet.
    Lunch: salad with meat, sometimes cheese
    Dinner: around 500 calories, keep carbs low
    Snacks: nuts, deli meat, cheese, products, cucumbers, celery, peppers.

Tonight I had two low carb tortillas with taco mea with dinner. I might go off wheat again, haven't decided.
  • Sorry to say magic mike was a waste of time. Save your $
  • Quote: Sorry to say magic mike was a waste of time. Save your $
    Haha- I though the plot was horrible, but really enjoyed the dancing!

I hope everyone is enjoying a break in this heat. It has beed ROUGH down here in MD. I went camping this past weekend with DF and a few friends. It was such a blast, and so easy to eat healthy! I did indulge in one s'more, but thats all I needed to feel like I had a treat

We spent all day saturday river tubing and my GOODNESS were my arms sore! I really could have used a paddle. I didn't love not being in control of where i was going! But my arms look so TONED now it was enough to spark something in me to get my butt back in the gym regularly. Here's to sexy arms!
  • Argh...I composed a beautiful post with quotes from everyone and my iPad blipped off Definitely a love/hate relationship with the iPad...

Pxl--Sounds like a successful meal plan for weight loss. Beware the cheese and nuts, though. They are evil and addicting!

Stacey--Fun camping trip! Yay for toned arms!

Purple-Glad our posts are helping you. We learn so much from each others' experiences and find comfort in knowing we're all in the same boat.

Busy--Cheat day is fun, isn't it?! Hope those 2 extra lbs are gone by now.

Ishbel--I love being right! Hopefully you can get the VIP to start IP after his travel. Did you notice that IP is in VIP???? VIP is Very IP!

Darbs--I love hearing about people visiting Vegas. I live here. Our economy needs the visitors!!!! Isn't Zion fabulous? Best of luck getting the vacation weight off. Don't do what I did and let it trickle into everyday life. Get right back into P1 for a little while and get your mind and body back on the program.

Mom--I agree that a couple weeks of P1 can work miracles. I was up 15 lbs and after 2 weeks on hardcore P1, I've lost half of that. I'm back down to normal range now, but still want to get down to low-normal.

Maile, Dakin, Sunnymae--Hi. I've run out of time. I love our 3FC family!!!!!
  • Quote: Pxl--Sounds like a successful meal plan for weight loss. Beware the cheese and nuts, though. They are evil and addicting!
    Thanks! I will definitely avoid the cheese and nuts. I didn't have a great dinner last night. I blew too many calories on the cheese, meat, and tortillas, and didn't have enough veggies. I think I have to get over the carb counts of the veggies... They DO add up, but it's mostly fiber so I have to get comfortable with that.
  • Back to my berry breakfast..went down a pound. Hooray!

Stay cool everyone..It is going to be another hot one today!

Good luck on reboots and various Phases! I found some of my old Ip packets have expired and am tossing them out.
  • Quote: Thanks. Good luck to you too.

My plan:

Keep total calories around 1300. Keep carbs total around 75. Each meal about 35gms protein. Eat enough veggies... Minimize products with Splenda without going too crazy (since I have some to use up).

The following are meal options that I am considering. Won't eat all things at every meal.

Breakfast: eggs, meat, yoghurt, berries, ip oatmeal, veggie omelet.
    Lunch: salad with meat, sometimes cheese
    Dinner: around 500 calories, keep carbs low
    Snacks: nuts, deli meat, cheese, products, cucumbers, celery, peppers.

Tonight I had two low carb tortillas with taco mea with dinner. I might go off wheat again, haven't decided.
    Yup...sounds very similar to what I am doing....but I am already thinking about a fun bbq or something this weekend...I guess I will take this one day at a time...also why I am avoiding ketosis...because I get sick when I get knocked out and since I feel like I only have at most 7 days of perfect at a time in me...especially in the summer.

Quote: Argh...I composed a beautiful post with quotes from everyone and my iPad blipped off Definitely a love/hate relationship with the iPad...

Darbs--I love hearing about people visiting Vegas. I live here. Our economy needs the visitors!!!! Isn't Zion fabulous? Best of luck getting the vacation weight off. Don't do what I did and let it trickle into everyday life. Get right back into P1 for a little while and get your mind and body back on the program.
    This is my 14th month in maintenance (and was on IP for 8 months) and I have been on several vacations and extended weekends and I thought I had it mastered but it gets harder and harder every time....the first six months in maintenance were a breeze but every day since is progressively harder and harder.

I constantly have to ground myself.

I love Vegas...we have been over 40 times...we were there for 11 nights (2 of them were up in Utah)...we spent first night at Palazzo, next 3 at Cosmo, then Utah for 2, then 2 nights at Monte Carlo, and the last 3 nights at Caesar's...all FREE (awesome...well...free is relative when you gamble).
  • I envy you guys and going to Vegas or living there! I have never been there.
    Darbs. 14 months in maintenance is awesome! Funny how you have easier periods..I agree vacations and travel ..and summer offer challenges!

Does anyone here have a favorite recipe for broccoli? I cannot seem to make it right. My asian stir frys are not that great..my roasted broccoli is not that great nor is my steamed microwaved broccoli. My husband keeps saying dump cheese sauce on it.. I would appreciate any ideas.
  • Quote: I envy you guys and going to Vegas or living there! I have never been there.
    Darbs. 14 months in maintenance is awesome! Funny how you have easier periods..I agree vacations and travel ..and summer offer challenges!

Does anyone here have a favorite recipe for broccoli? I cannot seem to make it right. My asian stir frys are not that great..my roasted broccoli is not that great nor is my steamed microwaved broccoli. My husband keeps saying dump cheese sauce on it.. I would appreciate any ideas.

I love love love Vegas...try to get there some time.

I steam brocolli for about 3-5 minutes (still slightly crisp) and then a make a sauce out of seseme oil, tamari sauce, garlic powder and then I toss the brocolli with it...very yummy.
  • Mmm darbs7 that recipe looks good. I find that the smaller I cut the broccoli the better it soaks up flavor. I used to use big chunks but now my pieces are maybe 1-1.5 inches. I often buy the cut broccoli in a bag (Costco) and at least halve those pieces if not quarter them. The little guys take on the flavor much more so each bite is tasty rather than just broccoli tasting.

Oh also. Do you squeeze lemon juice on your broccoli after roasting?