48 Points?

• This seems like an awful lot of points, I am not sure if it is correct. I am morbidly obese, 317 SW and 5'4. I joined WW online 2 months ago and I am just now getting serious about it. Is 48 points correct? I don't see on their website where I can calculate if this is correct.
  • Where are you getting the points from? I use WW online and I think I started in the high 30s and I weighed 230. so 48 could be right. In order for you to lose 1 lb you will have to reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories per day. Your weight pf 317 required 2627 calories a day to sustain itself in a sedentary lifestyle. so 2627 48 points is roughly 1440 calories, so you will be reducing your caloric intake by 2627-1440=1187 calories (1187 x 7= 8309/3500=2.4 lbs a week weight loss)
    Seems legit.
  • If you entered all your information in correctly when you signed up, then it should be right. It will drop down as you lose weight.
  • Yeah, it's about there. I think I started off with around 40 at 252.
  • I was also apprehensive about the amount of points I was given. I just started WW with the new points and was given 41. The last time I used WW on the old points I think I was in the upper 20's, so this seemed really odd. I just feel like I am forcing myself to eat. I know my eating habits were way off before (usually only eating 1x a day) but now I am constantly eating and I hope that I don't gain.
  • I started at 311 lbs and I'm 5'5" and that sounds about where I started, too (I can't remember for sure, but it was the mid-to-high 40s)

The number will go down as you lose weight
  • They figured 47 for me. 328 at 5-8- so probably is on target.
  • k8325, what formula do you use there? I see you're using the daily caloric needs for her weight... how many calories per point is in there? With my weight and height 5'9", it tells me I need 54 points a day. I'm adjusting mine down, because that seems so high. Going to keep it mid to high 40s for now.
  • I think the reason the points requirements varies so greatly for different people is because it takes age into consideration. I found a website that has the computer for calculating your points requirements. At 66, mine comes out to 26 points, which is what they gave me. I plugged in my age as 37 and it gave me a lot more points. I guess that's because your metabolism slows down as you age.

http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html